main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Gun Control

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 14, 2012.

1. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Regarding school shootings, at least in GOP-led states, it's clear that the GOP is opposed to kids getting shots, but not opposed to kids getting shot.

Valairy Scot, blackmyron, Rew and 2 others like this.
  2. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
  3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    The shooter himself is also being charged with terrorism in addition to murder.

4. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    If only there were warning signs! Oh! There were warning signs and the parents laughed it off and sent him back to school? Cool, cool, cool.

5. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @The Regular Mustache This is one of the most horrifying things I ever seen:

So naturally FNC deflects and somehow thinks it's all about "Defund The Police" :

6. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    *fixed

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This was a failure on the parents part but also on the fact that it is so easy to get a gun.

8. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    The parents are now on the run:

Incredibly this becomes more horrifying by the minute. I wonder if they are looking for safe haven with one of those militias in rural Michigan.

Jedi Merkurian and blackmyron like this.
  9. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I wonder if the Affluenza teen's mom called them and told them places in Mexico they could hide out in.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The gun was Ethan’s Christmas present.

I hope the parents of every kid at that school, especially the victims, sue them for every dime they will ever have.

Nobody145, Rew, Runjedirun and 7 others like this.
  11. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    FIFY. The parents will never have any money as I fully expect them to get convicted of involuntary manslaughter and hence be rotting in prison soon along with their kid.

12. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    This has nothing in to do with the ease by which it takes to get a gun. What are you talking about? This is an incredible display of incompetence, poor parenting, and a complete failure of gun safety/storage by the parents. I damn near would charge with actual manslaughter judging from the early facts of to us case.

I mean the gun was allegedly in their room, unlocked and unsecured. Trash gun owners from beginning to end.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    Lowbacca_1977 likes this.
  13. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Somehow I don't think gun violence in the United States is simply the fault of individuals. For example, how many states force gun owners to secure their weapons?

14. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I feel you could eliminate a lot of school shootings by minors if you always, in every case, charged the parents with involuntary manslaughter. But also, you know, make it harder to own a gun.

15. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    It was bought for the kid by his parents as an early Xmas present.
    Not Michigan!

16. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    How long until Republicans make these people folk heroes?

17. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    We Are Rittenhouse will be their chant.

18. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    On the other hand following the Rittenhouse precedent can people buy an AR-15, track down the parents, shoot them, and claim self defense?

19. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I mean, he did plead "not guilty".

It seems clear we're getting a "People were yelling and screaming and acting aggressive. I was in fear for my life. That's when I fired my gun."

20. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Ugh. Fork me. I could totally see that happening...again.

21. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Why the hell would you charge a parent in every case? Some of these ideas you guys are suggesting are… well, just bad. No offense.

I wasn’t implying that every state requires guns to be locked. That’s simple gun safety, especially when you have a child. Even if you lived alone, why have your gun just out where anyone in your house has access to it.

Lowbacca_1977 likes this.
  22. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    If there isn't a law requiring that people lock up their guns and there isn't enforcement of that law (licensing and inspections), most people aren't going to do it.

23. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Rep. Madison Cawthorn told parents to raise their sons as monsters. This is what ya get. Failed parents and a monster.

24. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Hmm… because of this response I have to ask: how many gun owners do you know? Because the majority of the gun owners I know lock their weapons up. The only ones that don’t, as I mentioned above, are the ones that live alone. A few guys I know store in their nightstand, a dresser, or under their bed.

25. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I am not going by anecdotal evidence but studies such as this that indicate just over half of US gun owners don't secure all their weapons.