main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Gun Control

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  2. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
  3. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    It's weird the headline on this is "doctor".

4. frunobulax

frunobulax Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 15, 2022
    It's the Indy. A case of 'look, he's one of us, not some loutish plumber visiting Disney World. He matters.'

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  6. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

It's. About. Darn. Time!!!!!!

Rew, Runjedirun, Ghost and 5 others like this.
  7. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    So this sets legal precedent right?

Rew, Ghost and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Jyle Rittenhouse plans to sue everyone

During the interview with Carlson, Rittenhouse said, “Right now we’re looking at quite a few politicians, celebrities, athletes. Whoopi Goldberg’s on the list. She called me a murderer after I was acquitted by a jury of my peers. She went on to still say that. And there’s others. Don’t forget about Cenk Uygur from The Young Turks. He called me a murderer before the verdict and continues to call me a murderer.”

Rittenhouse continued, “We are going to hold everybody who’s lied about me accountable such as…everybody’s who’s lied, called me a white supremacist. They’re all gonna be held accountable and we’re going to handle them in a courtroom.”

Well, if he gets a judge like the one he had in his trial then he might succeed.

9. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @VadersLaMent Apparently Rittenhouse didn't learn what "discovery" is the first go around so I guess he wants a further lesson. Considering he still does not know how to tie a tie and was dressed like he was in the hot dog car crash skit, this isn't going to go well for him though ultimately it is just a scam which in that sense Rittenhouse has learned very well on.

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    In the criminal case, the system was to his benefit as a defendant.

He won't have that same benefit in a civil suit alleging libel/slander. For example, Whoopi Goldberg apparently said (going with FoxNews, who I expect to provide the quote in the way most favorable to Rittenhouse's case) "To me it’s murder."
    You can't sue someone for defamation because of their opinion.

It's simply untenable for that to be held as something that can't be said, because it would be so absurdly generalized at that point. I don't think there's any real chance of a judge that could run the court in such a way as to let Rittenhouse win that case.

11. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    A student at a local high school went in and shot the principal. The school resource officer was also shot but then shot the suspect.

The two adults are gonna be ok and all the other students are safe. Suspect critical.

Glad most people will be ok but hope they get good counseling for everyone who was put in lockdown and the people shot.

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  13. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
  14. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    From that same article - 4 shootings in the space of 6 hours. The hell?

Jedi Merkurian and Juliet316 like this.
  15. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    'Murica. [face_flag]

Runjedirun and Jedi Ben like this.
  16. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    NYT article about an increase in road rage shootings - 500 wounded or killed in road rage shootings in 2020. police say the most common reason is someone getting cut off in traffic. It’s time we did something about this: drive better everyone! Poor driving can get you shot. Also remember that if you cut someone off in traffic and they give you the finger, and then you shoot them, they may shoot back. It’s just not safe to assume that you’re the only person with a handgun in the glove compartment.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  17. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
  18. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    A short while later.....

Increase in use of shotguns and bazookas on road rage incidents

Rylo Ken likes this.
  19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  20. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Somewhere in NYC, Detective John McClane is waking up from a killer hangover, and about to have a crazy day

21. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    "Not a terrorist attack" despite wearing gas mask, planting devices in the subway, and, you know, the terror.
    Guessing that witnesses identified the suspect as a white male.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    NYC's mayor is calling it a terror attack, even if nobody else is.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  23. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    If it’s just another mass shooting then that’s just the price of freedom but if it’s a foreigner and a muslim then it’s because they hate our freedom. Either way if you get a bullet hole in you it’s a celebration of freedom so win win.

24. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    None of that suggests a terrorist attack.

And the description of the suspect, where race is mentioned, is that he's black
    He is described as a Black man, 5'5", wearing a green construction-type vest and grey sweatshirt. - CBS
    A manhunt was under way on Tuesday after the shooter, described as a heavy-built Black male about 5ft 5in tall, wearing a green construction-type vest and hooded grey sweatshirt - Guardian
    The suspect, described as a black male, approximately 5 feet 5 inches with a heavy build, is still on the loose. - NY Post
    The suspect is a short, heavy-set Black man who was donning a gas mask and a green construction vest, according to the NYPD. - Bloomberg

They're not calling it a terrorist attack because it would appear the have no evidence this was terrorism. Which is acting appropriately on this based on the evidence they have.

25. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    You really think that if the person looked the slightest bit foreign, that they would have come to the same conclusion?
    Although Mayor Adams, stressing he doesn't want to make any judgements at this stage, went on to say the suspect "used terror to terrorize".