main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

H-Wing Takes Direct Hit....But Pilot Unhurt

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Oct 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Most people here and throughout fandom know of ObiShawn and his H-Wing Carfighter. It was on display at CIII, FIDM Party and BBQ and Shawn and the H-Wing have done an unbelievable amount of charity work for City of Hope Pediatrics as well as other charities...

For those of you who have not seen this incredible vehicle..here is a link to it...

http://www.roadsquadron.com/main.html

Look under 'H-Wing"

Well, I learned that Shawn was in an accident (either today or yesterday) and the H-Wing was totaled. Thank the Force he was not hurt at all. Apparently he was on his was to an event (also the H-Wing was his every day commuter car) and a truck stopped in front of him on the freeway..with NO breaklights. The front of the car is smooshed, and considering that it went up under the back bumper of the large truck, Shawn is lucky that he wasn't smooshed also.

A number of us are kicking around ideas to help him either (a) get the H-Wing fixed (this carfighter really needs to be salvaged if possible.. I swear that thing has a personality that goes beyond being a hunk of metal), or if worse comes to worse a new one needs to rise out of the ashes and be created.

Pimp my Ride has been suggested (but the H-Wing is not necessarily the type of car they want) and (more appropriate) Monster Garage. Any and all other suggestions will be passed on. Also, another suggestion is that the Fans get together and donate even as little as $1.00 to help get this "ship" flying again.

I'm putting the word out, as not only is ObiShawn my "Kenobi Brother-in-arms", but also my mentor in the world of carfighters and my inspiration for taking my own truck and finally doing a conversion on it. I see all the incredible good he has done to make so many kids (and adults too) happy with this vehicle that I would like to see us join in The Force and give back to him just a fraction of what he has given to others.

Clear Skies,

Me

2. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I have never seen theH-wing in person, but was always amazed with the pics online. If I can do anything to help with Monster Garage orthe repairs, I will. Mind if I re-post this on the Sacramento boards?

3. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Great News!!!!:D Rob of OCFF submitted the H-Wing to Pimp My Ride and it looks like it has been accepted!!!!!

So, I love SW Fans..best in the Universe!:D

4. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Wow, that is deeply cool!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.