main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hall of NO SHAME! (Or: How I learned to stop worrying and love my bombs)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by DarthBreezy, Feb 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
  2. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Before the Doors opened

This is the second fanfic I ever wrote and I cringe when I see the shifting POVs and introspections by Han and Luke. It starts off serious and then morphs into a humorous fic cause I had nowhere to go and often fall back on humor. *sigh*

I really hope I've improved since then.

3. Jturtle

Jturtle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    My first fanfiction was not written in this fandom and it was written way back in 03 or so.

It's not completed (I shall never re-read it enough to atempt completion)
    I didn't have a clue where I was going when I started it.
    Absoluetly no paragraph breaks.
    Accidental but very prominent mis-characterization.
    A marry sue OC.
    And I plot bunny that's beenn done so many times I cringe to think about it.

It's not accesible on the web. If anyone really wants to look, let me know and I'll PM you a copy.

4. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    The first fic I posted was pretty horrible. I don?t even have a copy of it on my computer, which is probably for the best, but I think it?s on a floppy disk somewhere. And, of course, preserved for future horrified onlookers at the original One and Only Fanfic Board, now deemed ?Classic?:

Lost Knight

Such short updates, such awkward prose, such weird dialogue, several rather two-dimensional characters, such an unclear plot, and a complete waste of Mace Windu. :rolleyes: But it did have OCs (many of them), at least one of whom I still like (Padenm the sniper still comes off as an okay creation). I think. This is from memory; I haven't read the thing in ages.

But if I hadn't done that fic, I wouldn't have learned the lessons I needed to learn to do the next, which gave me the practice for my next, and so on and so on. My goal is that my latest fic will always be so much better as to make the previous one look bad. :D

5. rocketscientist

rocketscientist Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2005

Hey, that's good! Can I steal that line?
    :)

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, unfortunately, the first fic I ever wrote is still in a notebook that I have no idea where it is. But the worst thing I ever wrote afterwards is my version of Episodes 2-3. No, not the one that I posted here on the boards. It's the one I wrote loooooong before that and it was just so wrong. It's called Chosen Paths.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/86787/1/

7. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    What the heck....

Lemme see... 1st story posted here started as a Vignette and turned into something more. Much to my delight, I've developed as a writer very much since I first began posting it...

I Need You

It was Ami/Ani (or A/P) and, to my horror, full of clichés lol :D

8. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
  9. Nona_Cad

Nona_Cad Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2004
    My first fan-fic that I started was when I was in elementary school, and it was a complete rip-off of Rogue Squadron. The sad thing was, I had never read the Rogue Series, just the Wraith series, so I was rather dismayed when I actually got around to reading them.

Anyways, it was about a group called Mynock Squadron, and the story followed one of the pilots in particular named Lax Cannon. I had developed the character of Lax Cannon while playing with the action figures because I had two Lukes, one the ROTJ Luke and the other the pilot Luke. I didn't want to have two different Lukes so I just made a new character who was both an X-Wing pilot and a Jedi. Sound familiar? Not only that I made him come from Corellia, and alot of his other details were very similar to Corran Horn.

Luckily that fic is locked away somwhere in a notebook and shall never see the light of day again.

10. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    Okay, this is really bad...

My first attempts at writing SW fanfiction was when I was about eleven. It was this huge Luke/Leia ship because I didn't know how wrong that was. *shivers* It gets even better... they sneak onboard yet another Death Star, find this book, and somehow ressurect DV, Tarkin and more.

Oh, and there was my version of Phantom Menace... that I wrote before even seeing SW and had been based off what I'd heard from a friend... which included a Sithly Jar Jar plot.:oops:

Okay, I probably wasn't the MOST clueless newbie... I'd lurked for years though I paid really no attention to the rules I'd have to follow when actually posting on here :p My first fic (which I wrote the first post of in about five minutes) was WORD FOR WORD the beginning of ROTS.

[face_blush] No link, sorry.

And a little advice, Never Write a Pirates Based Story. Nuff said there... and yes, I will bite you if anyone bumps that to the top of the Saga threads [face_skull]

11. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003

Be my guest. :D

12. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    My very first attempt at fanfic is offsite, so I can't link it. It's actually not as bad as it could be, considering I was 12 years old at the time and had seen Return of the Jedi exactly once. It's a parody script of the movie, and all the characters were oh-so-creatively named after me and my classmates (since we did actually intend to perform all three movie parodies, but only got through the first one in the class period). So Lisa Skywalker, Princess Sara, Matt Solo, and Obi-Ann Kenobi are all very unfortunate characters. The best part is that Obi-Ann is still decidedly male. Oh yeah, and a ton of short jokes because I was really short, but still one inch taller than Matt.

It can't be too terrible, though- I used it as my writing sample for my 9th grade honours english application,and got in. :p

Just so there's something to look at, though, I give you my first story posted to these humble boards. If anyone really wants to read a 12-year-old's parody of RotJ, I'll happily PM it, too. It's vaguely amusing.

13. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    My first posted fic was a Harry Potter fic on FFN, posted in 2002. I was writing before then, but most of the stuff was...bad, very bad and it never got posted on the internet. And the computer that it was on is now gone, so there's no chance of you ever seeing it. Ha.

The first fic I posted... FFN User ID is 15038. If you're that interested in it, go ahead and read. Wasn't too bad, but it wasn't that brilliant either.

First SW fic...:
    Going Back To Yesterday. I still like it, actually. AP, a new writing style at the time, full of angst and darkness... I actually plan on updating it someday...*coughs*

I did start something in 2002, but never got past the first three paragraphs. Anakin/OC Jedi, because I HATED the idea of A/P at the time (yes- I admit to being extremely anti-AP until about the time I registered on this site...), and pre AOTC. Again, it was on another computer that I no longer have access to anymore, so tough luck. *grins* If it even counts as a fic...which I don't really think it does. 'Twas more an idea than anything else- and if we'Re going into ideas...no. NO. You do not want to hear my first fan fic idea ever. I was three at the time. *coughs*

14. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Here's something silly I wrote way back when, for a mod sponsored I Dare You! challenge. This wasn't the first fanfiction I wrote, and is far from the first story I ever wrote, but it is certainly the oddest, and the one I keep forgetting about. In fact, I was surprised to see it hiding away on pg. 135 of the Saga boards tonight.

You don't own me

I don't know if this is exactly a bomb. I've always been rather fond of it, for the sheer--- Insanity. But it's not what I usually write. It's an H/L fic, because that was what I was dared to write. Yes, yes, I wrote a major canon relationship. It was possible. But this isn't what you expect in an H/L fic, I'll assume and guess. It's entirely too silly. Graham Chapman, playing one of his policemen, needs to shut it down. I still can't believe this is included in the H/L fic index.

15. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    My first fic featured Jaina, Zekk, Raynar, and some jokes stolen from the show NewsRadio.

In my defense, I was nine. ;)

16. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Oh dear, my first fanfic.... :oops:
    It was Star Trek and computers were not really good for writing on yet. I plantzed Mary Sue on the Enterprise, though I managed to marry her off to an ST EU character instead of Spock. OK, he was also Vulcan, named Stephen and I still wear one red earring. Every day....[face_whistling]
    It's in German, too, so no chance in a life time. The worst part was the Captain introducing the ears.:oops: [face_blush]

My fist story here is the first post of The Kayary Short Stories. I edited it a lot, because I didn't put in any paragraphs when I posted and it is also years older than the date of posting. from 2000 I think. That also explains my quantum leap in quality two stories down, the ones I wrote after I joined here.

I cringe when I read it, because now I know it could have been much better. I see what I was going for and then have to watch myself fall incredibly short of it. *splat*

17. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Huh. I know it's an age old concept, but I've actually never been that embarrassed about my first fic. Then again, it's only a vig a little over half a page long, so there's not much to be embarrassed by. :p

I didn't take off from there and write everything under the sun, but I have popped in every now and then with something. I like to think I've improved somewhat over the years. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.