main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Halloween 2007

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Styrofoam_Guy, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    So what are people's plans for Halloween?

Grey_Star is decorating his house in a Star Wars theme and people will be dressed up in costume. He lives in Milton and last year it attracted quite a bit of attention.

Anyone else interested in coming out?

Edited Sept 13

Halloween
    Styrofoam Guy - Jedi (Anikin?)
    Styrofoam Guy - R2D2
    Styrofoam Guy - R5-SG
    Grey Star - Sandtrooper?
    Grey Star - AT-ST
    Demi Star - Royal Guard?
    Sirene - ?

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

2. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I'm not going out for halloween possibly this year. If I do go out I'll be going out in my shinigami costume.

3. Sirene

Sirene Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Well, I have plans to go to Cedar Point the weekend before Halloween, what day exactly would this event take place?

4. Dimi_Starr

Dimi_Starr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    on actual Halloween night

5. Sirene

Oct 25, 2005
    I should be able to attend.

6. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    Last year I counted about 500 ppl stopping by my place for Halloween... (not all kids for candy)... I'd like to have an even bigger Star Wars Halloween... (wish it fell on a weekend!)... Oct 31st at my place in Milton... Dusk till they stop coming!... if you'd like to suit up/dress up, feel free to come out...

if you have idea's of things I can do/add/borrow, feel free to share!... Here's what I have so far...
    • 1/2 Scale AT-ST

• Costumed Characters - Sandtrooper, Royal Guard, Jedi's

• Imperial "Keep out" Tape

• Star Wars themed pumpkins (Probably 3-4)

• 501st Banner

• R2-D2

• R5-SG

• Scaled X-wing? (Alex?)

• Scaled Tie Fighter (I'm starting any day)

and I have an idea for a costume that I hope to start this Sunday! (Feel free to come out this Sunday for a build day - starting around 2)

7. Sirene

Oct 25, 2005
    I have cloak, boots, sabre and belt for a jedi outfit, just need to make the tunic etc. I will purchase some material next week and have a go at it. Unfortunately I'll be in Ohio helping the BF move this weekend, so I won't be able to enjoy/help out with construction :(

8. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    No worries Sirene... be sweet if you could come out!... naturally we all socialize afterwards on Halloween night...

Here's the pic from the paper last year...

[image=http://grey-starr.ca/images/Pumpkins/2006-10-31_Halloween-Front-Page-sm.JPG]

9. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Alex's X-Wing is looking Too sweet (surprise!)... and for this year I have a New suit of Armour to wear... far more comfortable!... and I may need two volenteers to wear a costume I am working on... here's a link to a preview...

Another Build this Sunday... I have plenty of measuring and cutting to do! Also going to get some Fibreglass for the Tie Fighter... I think I'll just do the standard Tie, and not the interceptor...

10. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    I would love to come out, but no way to get there and not really any costume. I have a leopardy print dress but I can't think of anything to claim to BE, lol.

11. ErikaVader

ErikaVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2007
    Oh shnoot I wish I could go! This sounds so cool! But A, it all as usual depends on the money, and B, it all depends on the travel. Can you get to Milton from Toronto by any sort of public transit, like, Go-bus/train, Via, Greyhound, etc,.? And would the party be easy to get to from there?

It'd be awesome to figure out how to go to this. It sounds like more of the kind of fun had at FanExpo!

12. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    I honestly don't know the ways into Milton... there is a Go Train... but it ends early... no idea on the bussing... but the train/bus terminal is not far away from my place...

13. Sith_Lady_Kenobi

Sith_Lady_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2002
    Darnit. I missed the last get together and I want to come out to this one. But I just don't know how I would get there if the train/bus end early.

Why am I ever so slacking on getting my license? :(

14. Lord_Robert

Lord_Robert Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2005
    grey_starr there are two of us coming from London. A Stormtrooper and Darth Vader. We can't leave London untill 4:00 but that should still be early enough to get there before dark. Can you send me a PM with your address and best way to get there form the 401.

At Sunday's meeting there were a few more people that say they may come too.

15. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Too Sweet!... Vader and another Trooper!... sweet deal... and there's Boba Fett coming too...

just go to maps.google.com and put in my address - 251 Pettigrew Trail Milton, ON Canada... From the 401 you'd either be getting off at Hwy 25 or James Snow Pkwy...

I'll pm this as well... just in case you don't look back here...

16. Lord_Robert

Lord_Robert Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2005
    Ok, thanks.

We should be there just before 6:00 pm.

17. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    This is looking better and better

18. assetic

assetic Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2005
    If someone can get me there, then for sure. But I have no way of getting to Milton that day.

19. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    R2 and R5 are in the House! looking forward to Wednesday!

20. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Yeah, I'm with Tessa, I'd love to come if I could get a ride. I don't have a Star Wars costume though, either, I only have the costume I wore to Tessa's party, which is a sort of kitty cat thing. I could be Cathar? :p

21. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Check it out!... Thanks to Troy making it all possible, and doing so much... it should be ready!!!

[image=http://grey-starr.ca/StarWars/pics/2007-AT-AT/2007-10-31_AT-AT_constrution-sm.JPG]

22. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    It looks heavy :p

Unfortunately the X-Wing wll not be done on time

23. Sirene

Oct 25, 2005
    Well, I wasn't able to get my costume done. I have other costumes, but not Star Wars. I used to make a good Xena though.

24. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Oooh Sirene! Please come as Xena! Then I wont feel so totally awkward coming as a non-Star Wars "cat". :p

I am most likely gonna make it out tonight after all though! I just have to get all my stuff moved, but most likely I will manage that. :D

25. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    OMG!!! Thank you everyone that came! I'd have to say it was a HUGE success... Pictures will start apearing as I get them... I have NO idea how many visitors there actually were... but there were alot!! and so many kept coming back... I am so pleased with how well it went...

Special thanks to the London Rouges for coming so far! and I SO want those two banners now!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.