main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Halloween sucks

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by TheGuardianofArlon, Oct 6, 2011.

1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    My first drink this Halloween will be in honor of Arlon.

Viva Los Angeles![face_flag]

2. Autonomous

Autonomous Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2010
    Last weekend I went with some friends to an old state asylum that's been turned into a haunted attraction, then stayed up late watching horror movies, and then went to church.

Honestly, there wasn't a disconnect between any of them... still isn't. IMHO demonic/satanic things do exist and are best avoided, but to group Halloween in that category, you'd have to go far beyond haunted houses, scary movies, costumes and candy. [face_pumpkin]

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Kids dressing like Spiderman in order to get KitKat bars is not nearly as 'demonic' in Christian terms as viciously 'representing' Christ's message by promoting anything other than Christ and Him crucified and pretending that such behavior is anything except antithetical to Paul's warning against pushing debates about vain doctrinal issues.

It is love that draws men to repentance according to scripture, not picking and choosing which fashionable witchhunt issues to spout off about, turning people off to the truth of the Gospel and refusing to promote one's beliefs in a manner which is "gentle as a dove". Sincerely, Arlon and his 'good intentioned' doctrine of demons have been the most heartbreakingly satanic behavior I have witnessed on these boards. Hell will be filled with people he has beaten away from the doors of the Kingdom of God through his love of legalism.

All of this, for what? Because he was raised by people who told him costumes and chocolate are from Hell. The most demonic costume worn is your wolf in sheep's clothing getup that, thankfully, Jesus warned us to be on the lookout for. We know you by your fruit. And, your fruit is driving people away from Jesus by promoting everything aside from His grace. Congrats.

4. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    You're not a Christian.

You believe in some random crap invented by Americans in the 20th and 19th centuries.

We date Christmas to December 25th because an early calculation of Nisan 14, the day of his death, was March 25th in 33rd AD. Jewish lore says that prophets die on the day of their conception. Add nine months. Why the 6th in the East? Because someone calculated April 6 as the day of his death.

Valentine's Day celebrates a Christian saint who was martyred.

Easter? What the hell is wrong with you. Easter is the PRINCIPAL Christian feast and has been celebrated by Christians since the first one.

5. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Once again....secret Jew.

6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    This thread is fantastic.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Hell is exactly what's wrong with him. He is the "foolish Galatian" Paul was writing to about chasing after legalism over love.

You know when Jesus dropped that whole "When you do this, do this in remembrance of Me" commandment at what turned out to be the beginning of the original Easter season, He was kinda implying His followers would not only 'remember', but also 'do' the whole acknowledgement thing... Arlon is too busy locking people out of the Kingdom of God to actually obey Jesus, though, so he is excused for being preoccupied.

8. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    I Myke and Obi... you two are being a little harsh for my tastes, but I do agree, for the most part, and I think it's something that he needs to hear.

My mother is on a huge anti-abortion kick right now and trying argue me into... I don't know. The funny thing is, I do think abortion is probably wrong, I just don't agree with the crusade and/or the way it's being carried out.

Myke and Obi- I think you both hit on two points I'd like to re-emphasize:

1- It's about love/grace. [christianity]

2- It's about Christ's sacrifice. [the christmas/easter]

As far as the days themselves go or the trappings that go along with them... It doesn't matter. It's just one more opportunity to thank and praise God and appreciate how blessed we are.

And earlier posters are right- Halloween is a time that bring neighbors together: what a golden opportunity to show God's love [and I don't necessarily mean trying to convert everyone who comes to the door, either], even if you don't fully embrace everything about the holiday.

As a brother in Christ, Arlon, I have to side with Myke and Obi and tell you you're not representing the faith well, here. Try forgiveness. Try understanding.

And before you go any further, remember Proverbs 9:8-9 and all the surrounding wisdom.

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    DD- I agree. I am not fond of writing in a manner that may be misconstrued as anything other than 'tough love', but to put this in Pauline terms, I have passively watched Arlon pervert the Gospel and gave ample time for him to minister to the "lepers and prostitutes", but his attack plan is simply to beat them away. Paul would rage at someone in the church promoting Jesus to non-believers with such a level of legalism. In Galatians when he writes that those who are obsessed with circumcision should cut the whole thing off is pretty much where I am metaphorically at with this nonsense on here. It's the sick who need a physician, but Arlon doesn't have time to reach out to the ill, because he is too busy building a quarantine to hide from the sick inside of. There is only ONE with the right to condemn, and His judgment will be on those who knew better but didn't feed His lost sheep, but rather chased them away.

10. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    All he said was that it was a Pagan holiday, which, without further clarification, isn't something that should be upsetting to anyone.

11. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I don't think they're addressing this thread alone... Arlol has a history of bull**** like this

12. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    wannasee: he did say more than that, actually.

wow. awesome wisdom. praise God.

seriously blown away.

13. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Specifically, he said it is "...demonic. Very demonic."

14. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    Well, he said it was "demonic", whatever that means, and he said that Christmas and Easter were also Pagan holidays, whatever that means.

The point is, he is being attacked (or advised) before he has even been asked to explain what he means.

15. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    This thread reminds me why I find certain people lulz.

"You don't agree with me? YOU'RE NOT PART OF MY CLUB!"

16. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    [image=http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/atheists.png]

17. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    The sad thing is it didn't take much for me to feel superior this time.

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Why did you 2 non-believers have to disrupt our "God is real" LARPing...??? Do you have any idea how hard it is for us to stay in character and pretend we have souls and crap...??? How intrusive...

19. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    You looked lame shouting Lightning Bolt.

20. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    KIMOTA!

21. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005

ADRIAAAAAAN

22. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL.. YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU SHALL NOOOT PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
  24. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    All joking aside,
    stuff like this is one of the most repulsive things about theists.

25. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Jeez, Vivec, why'd you have to go and ruin another interesting theological dis-- zzzzzzzzzzzz...