main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Halo - The Movie (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by MasterP, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    I figured this wouldn't go in the game forum because it is a movie, and I didn't see anything on Halo in here. I heard a while ago and there will be a Halo movie ( w00t ). And Peter Jackson is the executive producer. Source
    What is the Halo movie going to be about? Will it take over from where Halo 2 left off, will it start something new, or will they just make a movie of the first Halo??

[image=http://www.bungie.net/images/games/halo/wallpapers/granite_1024.jpg]

Discuss or don't discuss.

2. Fox4

Fox4 Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    Go Master Chief!:cool:

3. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    I've heard rumors all over the place for this. Nothing concrete though, right?

I think it would be an awesome movie ... as long as it doesn't follow what Doom tried to do.

4. JamesBatista

JamesBatista Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    All I have to say: this better amount to more than just mindless action and special effects. By that, I mean it better be on the level of the LotR or even the Harry Potter movies in terms of seriousness, or at least try to aim after them.

I was certain about this when Peter Jackson was brought onboard--and then reading an early report of the script set me way back. I don't have a link, but it literally was excessive violence and gore. If that's how the actual movie will be...

5. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    QFT. The original Halo was a beautiful and unique game in terms of style, visuals, story, and gameplay. However, it was a little lacking in the area of deep characters, something that will need to be corrected if this movie is going to be good.

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

6. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    I would love to see this if it ends up being made - I was hoping to see them make one and see how well they could match the effects. ;)

7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    All they have to do is hire a good science fiction writer. Not doing that one thing has spelled the doom of many a videogame-to-movie film.

8. MasterP

Jun 8, 2003
    Well I hope there is a Halo movie and it is a good one.

9. malcolm-darth-am-i

malcolm-darth-am-i Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2005
    I have read in many diffrent sources (Magazines) the movie will use the origanal games script as a core for the film script. Of course they wil have to build characters into it Cortana Master Cheif. I look forward to it Jackson behind it would be awsome.

10. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    i forgot his name but the guy who wrote the script and screenplay for the movie 28 Days Later did the work for Halo

11. Arch_Clone_Trooper

Arch_Clone_Trooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    hope fully they go into deeper with the characters... i mean i want to see some back ground storys on the Sargent, cortana...etc... maybe if they started with the Reach war and then went to Halo... but then it would only be the game on a screen....

I think the best movie would be before the game... or after the games... continue the story or go back and tell how the story came to be... like how the war got started... i read all the books but i never was able to fully comprehend how it started... in THE FALL OF REACH... they just said that the Covenant just started to kill planets... i would like to see the start of that and how everything came to be... plus the Battle on Reach would be awsome to see on the big screen, plus its a planet they can have battles where ever they want...

(personal thoughts... even if thier long)

12. malcolm-darth-am-i

May 21, 2005
    Well agreed Arc. Build Story into the characters. Like in the books you find out how long Cortana is expected to well.... live I guess. And other stuff. We need character development. It can be like Me Cheif....Me Kill....Movie Over.

Another thought. Will the movie be computre generated? (like Final Fantasy) Or a real actor on set type thing (DOOM). Personally it would be better done like ROTS mostly don on computre. But with actors on partacall sets and blue scrrens. With real actors. Except Cortana. Thoughts?

Well thats all for now.

13. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    If anything, Halo has a good story to work with. More so then most video games. It's a shame that previous game to movie translations, such as Res Evil, were not very good, but perhaps this will kick start a great appreciation for them.

Personally, I won't be happy until I see Zelda :p

14. MasterP

Jun 8, 2003
    Halo is by far the best video game out there. There should definately be a movie on it, and I'm pretty sure it will be good.

15. Arch_Clone_Trooper

Arch_Clone_Trooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    i would like to see a star wars type style... not final fanasty or doom but the mix that has beautifully created this epic saga...

im more worried about brutially lame dialogue.... please no lame one liners... most movies are ruined with bad dialogue and i hope this wont happen to Halo...

16. malcolm-darth-am-i

May 21, 2005
    It is very likely it will happen. The story is there, the action/attention factor is there. All they need to nail is the SF (no dout in that department) and Script, I have a bad feeling it will turn out to be very bad or ok. Lets just say I dont expect an oacor for Halo.

17. Duro_Blade

Duro_Blade Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2002
    I hated the idea of this, but now that I've learned Jackson is on board, I have some hope.

18. MasterP

Jun 8, 2003
    Obviously the producers have heard that other video game movies have sucked. So maybe they'll do a better job in making the movie have better graphics, dialogue, and action. I don't want this thing to get hyped up and then when everyone sees the movie they get disappointed and lose faith in Halo.

19. Sanctimoniously

Sanctimoniously Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2005
    ^^Exactly. Talk about Bungieists is that the movie will probably start a bit before the fall of Reach and run through First Strike.

20. yodaboy

yodaboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 5, 2001
    I doubt that Jackson has signed onto the movie as the official Bungie site (www.bungie.net) has mentioned nothing about him except to say that he was definitely not signed on as of a month ago. And I would trust them way before I would trust the IMDB rumor mill, Bungie usually gives out the information about this movie as soon as they can. So far it looks like it's going to kick serious ass, and the people at Bungie are taking as many precautions possible to make sure this isn't just another video game movie that sucks.

Also, I liked King Kong and LOTR, but I hope Jackson isn't doing this movie. IMO he'd ruin it.

21. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    it's been known since last october that Peter Jackson is the Executive Producer

22. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    It was confirmed recently that Peter Jackson is helming the Halo movie with the wirter or 28 Days Later writing the script for it. I doubt that this movie will suck.

23. yodaboy

yodaboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 5, 2001
    What is your source? Because Bungie.net denied that very rumor just last month.

24. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Then Bungie.net lies.

IMDb.com

25. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Halo was made into a book too, right? Anyone read that?

I'm sure the book will give us a better idea of how the movie might flow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.