main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Halo - The Movie (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by MasterP, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    They gould use hydraulic robots for the Elites.

2. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    Elites are 8'4. I'm not sure about the Brutes. It doesn't matter the size comparison to the Chief, because the Chief > all.

3. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    obviously :p

4. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Elites are WAY taller than Master Chief. I've got a pair of to-scale Halo2 action figures, one of the Chief, one of the Arbiter. The Arbiter is a full head taller than Master Chief, and the Arbiter is hunched over.

5. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    MC is GREATER than all, but he's still shorter than Elites, Brutes, and Hunters. Everybody else though he towers over like Shaq at a kindergarden playground.

6. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i hope we start getting news on casting and filming soon. seeing as they have to start filming by august the latest if they want to shoot for a July 2007 release date

7. MasterP

Jun 8, 2003
    There are Halo action figures?
    I never knew that.
    Where can you get them?

8. Beowulf

May 28, 1999
    Chances are, without a director at this point, Halo will be pushed back 1 year or more. Hopefully they'll find a decent director. Joss Whedon would do well, I think, especially with WETA backing him. Other than that...who knows. IMDB says Guillermo Del Toro is set to direct, but what Bungie has said is that GDT is in talks with PJ to direct, but most likely won't because he wants to do Hellboy 2. SO the director could be anyone.

9. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    Hunters are 12 feet tall. I <3 Hunters.

10. Beowulf

May 28, 1999
    I hate Hunters with a passion...mostly because I have only two rockets and no Marines to use as fodder when I come across them...

11. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    Hunters are sort of easy to kill if you have the right weapons.

By the way, they are 14 feet tall at ease and 8 feet tall when dropped into their combat stance.

Bungie hinted in one of their updates that Hunters are going to be a lot more complex in the upcoming Halo novels/movies/games/graphic novel. Considering they've switched sides, they might actually have some depth and we might even end up with a Hunter character.

12. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    the hunters would have to be almost completely CGI unless they're willing to make a couple robot Hunters

13. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I found a method of killing them quite early on with the first game and it never fails. Circle around them with any fast firing weapon, lure them into doing their melee charge/attack, and smack them in the back. Repeat 2-3 times.

But that's way too easy, and it's quite boring now, so my rule is now 'no firing'. I still love them.

Sounds good. Although I disliked the notion of playing as the Arbiter in the beginning, I've grown quite fond of him now, and playing alongside the hunters was a treat.

14. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Depending on the level that you're on, and if you have plenty of ammo, an assault rifle will work fine, provided that you hit him in the right place and smack him a couple times.

15. MasterP

Jun 8, 2003
    Just circle behind them and shoot them in their orange spot. They go down faster than Grunts.

16. Beowulf

May 28, 1999
    True...but then again, I haven't played Halo or Halo 2 in many many moons.

17. plo_koom

Nov 26, 2002
    You all realize one shot from the pistol or SR will kill them right? Whats all this about meleeing and AR ammo? Melee a hunter is great fun, though. Surprisingly they also go down to the plasma rifle because their armor doesn't block them.

18. Beowulf

May 28, 1999
    One shot on the easiest difficulty yeah, but on Legendary, no way.

19. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Hunters are really symbiotic worms. It's true!

20. MasterP

Jun 8, 2003
    No, you can take them down with anything that has a scope in one shot. Even if it is on Lengendary. It's just on Legendary when they fire at you with their fuel rod you'll go down faster. So you only need to avoid that while circling them.

21. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    Yeah, on any difficulty, one pistol shot to the back of their orange mid-section will bring them down. It's a shame, really. I think it makes them too easy. Running over Hunters in a Warthog is fun.

22. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i really hope we hear word on the director status of the movie soon. i wonder if since PJ is Executive Producer will Fox and Universal will ask him to take the director's helm. i wouldn't mind that.

23. plo_koom

Nov 26, 2002
    There's a few excellent movie trailers out there(made from gameplay).

http://www.thatweasel.tv/video_single.php?vId=8

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=1605&type=wmv&pl=game

Really pumps you up for the movie don't it?

EDIT: The tags made them invisible for some reason.

24. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i'm excited for this movie but i'm worried that we haven't heard much about it in the past couple months. if they're still shooting for a Summer 2007 release date they'd have to start filming soon by August at the latest

25. plo_koom

Nov 26, 2002
    EDIT: Much better.

Did anyone else read the script review for Halo:CE?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.