main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Halo - The Movie (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by MasterP, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Halo CE? What's that?

2. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    Halo: Combat Evolved. that's the full name for the first Halo game ;)

3. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Oh, okay, I've just never heard of it referred to like that, at least not recently.

And for some reason, the SciFi channel events page lists Halo 3 as coming out June 30th or so.

4. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    yeah. that's not going to happen unless there's some intervention by God. :p realistically i don't think we'll get it till fall the earliest but probably around spring 07. this is driving me crazy with no news on the movie production

5. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    The tagline for the Halo game is kind of obscure, it's rarely ever called Halo:CE, but I always say that instead of Halo 1.

That's probably why they didn't give Halo 2 a tagline, no one really appreciated the one for the original. The trailer I posted did make good use of it, though.

6. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    Going a little off topic here, but it still deals with Halo.
    It looks like the Halo 3 trailer will be released this Friday during E3.
    It will be the G4 channel.

Bungie confirmed Halo 3 today. You can find an article about it on ign.com or gamespot.com

7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I forget where I read it, but Master Chief is 7 feet tall.

8. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    For those who want to watch/download the trailer, you can do so here.

9. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    That's true, he also gains a foot in a half from the suit so when both an Elite and Chief are in combat stance, he's actually taller. That's why the ghost hit's Master Chiefs head but not the Elites.

I've already seen the Halo 3 trailer ten times. This is what others and I have gathered.

-Cortana is being controlled by the Gravemind, evidenced by her uncharacteristicly, crytpic speech and her last being seen next to the great "parasite".

-Earth has been occupied by the covenant.

-The trailer takes place well after the closing moments of Halo 2, probably after the UNSC's apparent military defeat.

-The area is around New Mombassa.

-The sign blowing in the wind has a grunt crossing symbol.

-The wreckage is that of the space elevator scene on the New Mombassa level.

-The crater and all the surrounding damage was created by Regret's slipspace movement.

-Gravemind probably told the Chief to go to said site. Thus he must use Cortana to contact him.

-Rumors of a miniature Halo have been around since before Halo 2.

-The artifact we see probably isn't the Ark but another Halo.

-The covenant forces may have been friendly and were opposed to it's activation. (The ships fleeing before the blast went off, the Zealot side of the covenant still wants to be taken on the Great Journey).

-Most of Cortana's lines are from the Cortana letters or the Gravemind's poetry.

-The last line of the trailer is from a T.S Elliot poem.

-Cortana is rampant/infected or possibly reaching the end of her four year life span. It could just be interference due to her being so far away.

10. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I have not been following this but am i to understand that the Halo movie is going to take place after the events of the halo 2 game? Kinda cool for gamers, but bad for mainstream audiences who might be lost.

11. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I don't see why they'd set it after the games - I believe that they're adapting the first game.

12. CJS

CJS Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2006
    ^That would make the most sense, methinks.

13. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    It should be interesting to see how they work it as far as the timeline goes. I haven't read enough about it recently to know where it's all going to fit but I can't wait to see what happens.

14. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    even though i'm not sure how accurate they are the early script reviews of it make it seem like the main part will be the 1st game and a little bit of the beginning will be the fall of reach

15. MasterP

Jun 8, 2003
    I hope they don't set it after the games. That would spoil too much if the movie comes out before Halo 3. The movie will probably be Halo: CE, that would probably be the thing to do. All in all, I don't care when and where the Halo movie is placed, as long as the movie is good and the Master Chief kicks a$$.

16. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I mean, what's the point of doing the movie AFTER the story ends? From what I gathered from the Halo 3 trailer (Which I just saw, awesome, BTW) that's the last one. There's way more story potential from the games themselves.

17. MasterP

Jun 8, 2003
    The way the trailer ended made me think if that was how the story was going to end. But I tossed that aside when I thought that it would be stupid for Bungie to spoil their ending.

18. The_Rogue

The_Rogue Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2006
    Halo CE means Halo Custom Edition
    (It was made for people who want to change parts of the maps, people, weapons, sounds, etc.)

The first game is Halo :Combat Evolved

19. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    So we've got our first casting rumors.

And the current rumored actor for Master Chief is...

Oscar winner...

Denzel Washington.

Yeah, thats what I said too. o_O

20. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    uggh. please just get the voice actor who does the voice for the games and have some random 7 foot person play the role in the suit

21. Darth_Pogey

Darth_Pogey Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    I think it would be best off with sticking to the games. Halo 2 especially has a great story that would work well for a film.

Do you think the Covenant will be CG. I think they will probably all be though I wish Elites would only be partial cg (for their weird mouths) since one of them (Arbiter) becomes so crucial in Halo 2

22. Walken

Walken Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2004
    Halo may be scraped:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/061020c.php

23. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I'm sure it will get made. The potential payday for it is huge. A little development hell might not be so bad.

24. CJS

CJS Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2006
    The article I read on comingsoon.net mentioned that it was being shopped to other production studios and that pre-production remains ongoing. I think HALO has too much upside to get turned down by every major production company.

At worst, PJ and FW could have Tom Cruise star as MC and have Scientology finance the film. :p

25. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    As I said when Fox and Universal backed out (on another site), either Microsoft or Peter Jackson themselves could fund the movie if they really want it to get made. It's not like films require some kind of special money that only studios can provide.

And, on cue, Microsoft announced they would be doing just that.

M. Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.