main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Science Fiction Halo TODAY: The Pacific Campaign.

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Vangarian, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    In Game:

Time: Just about the instant the order was given by Lt. Colonel McNeal for all artillary batteries to open fire.

Field Master Zogar 'Gaharkee, Sangheili Zealot Commanding 8th Legion of Sacrosanct Meditation.

Field Master Zogar 'Gaharkee sat in his armored combat vehicle monitering the incoming data. He'd decided to move up the foot of the hills country to get a better view.

"Driver. Take us up the slope to where the fighting is heaviest along side this hill I'm showing you. From there face the vehicle in the direction I'm indicating so I can take it all in and command from there," said the Zogar. In compliance the driver raced the combat car up the hill side towards the indicated location showing on his screen. As the vehicle crested the top to then head towards the observation location, a call came in from the Shade turrets lining around the production facility and those place strategically north east and north west along the length of the beach as it wound around the hill country. Zogar could hear it even inside his combat car with the roof sealed. The sound of incoming projectiles! There were little or no Shade turrets this far foreward. Frantically Zogar issued commands for the Covenant troops to hit the dirt and thus reduce colateral damage as much as possible. To late. The Humans' artillary arced inward and downward into the extended field of battle south of the newly created skirmish line. Hordes of Ongoiy had been charging in towards the spotted enemy combat vehicle emplacements, only to be hit with anti-personnel shells and airburst rounds. The charge was shattered. The humans added to their insult by firing portable TOWs, AT-4s and LAWs all to some major to minor effect. The human monkeys had done it again! They would no doubt be very clever at relocation as well. This would call for a cleverer retaliation. Zogar got on the horn and contacted his second in command.

"Yes honored Senior," spoke Zogar's second.

"Bring up the 1st Lance of Wraiths for a frontal assault. Vector in the 2nd and 4th Ghost lances to either side to hit them in a concentrated cross fire. Launch all available Banshes, Vampires and Seraphs. Have them locate the human artillary positions and destroy them at all costs. If those new nimble aircraft the humans used earlier show up send the Seraphs after them to keep them at bay, but make sure that the Vampires continue onward with the Banshes for air protection. Muster out the reserves I've held back and load them on Spirit Lances Alpha, Beta and Gamma. Keep them air borne just above the ground as they approach the field of battle. Have the Kig-yar shooters lay prone and take out any threats as the transports make their final approach to bolster the foreward Echalons. Then have them loaded with the wounded and shipped back to the established second base at sea. Once there, have them reload again with fresh troops to be brought back into the fight. I've a deadline to meet and I'm not going to fail a second time!" Zogar ended at a roar and his throat mic deactivated. He heard explosions coming through the other end even as his 2nd acknowledged his orders. Zogar stood up and turned about facing back towards the direction of the beach head. Another wave of artillary was coming down along the beach as Shade turret fire streaked up to meet it. Not enough to stop it. He'd need more shades much more of them.

This Island was ready for us. The populace is of a more diciplined nature. They fight like true warriors. Never the less they must fall, and fall they will!
    ********************************************************************************************

The file of Shadow warriors spotted what appeared to be a hidden outpost or perhaps some kind of underground instalation dug into the side of the highest mountain on the island. Their scanners indicated that there were humans inside. The Red Armored Sangheili Zealot-now under cloak-went to activated his communicator with command. Zogar would be pleased at the news of a s

2. litterlad

litterlad Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2009
    HISASHI MORI

SERVICE: N/A Engineer for Navy/Marines/Air Force etc.
    M.O.S.: Civilian Contractor
    ETHNICITY: Japanese
    D.O.B.: March 15, 1968
    WEAPONS: None

EDUCATION: Attended Kaisei Academy: Graduated 1987 (1.68 g.p.a.); attended Tokyo Institute of Technology 1989: graduated 1990 (4.37 g.p.a.); attended M.I.T. summer of 1990; dropped out spring 1991

DESCRIPTION: Hisashi Mori has always been a curious child, so much to the point his curiosity has gotten him into trouble with his school and with the police many times over. Breaking into a local observatory at the age of 12 just to get a better look at the star system Proxima Centauri is just one example.
    When Hisashi attended high school he would constantly get in trouble with his teachers for correcting them in their lessons, getting bored with his studies he usually found a way to ditch class and sit at one of the science club's computers most of the day (which he wasn't even a member of). Finally he graduated at the age of 19... because his parents threatened to take his computer.
    Hisashi loved his parents but needed his own space, so he moved out and rented a small studio apt. in Tokyo where he spent most of his time either chasing girls or hanging out with some former classmates at Comic Con. Only working as a dishwasher part-time, he felt it irritating and beneath him to do such trivial things, but liking his freedom he kept his mouth shut at work and pushed through the days.
    After a few years of loafing around, he decided to go to graduate school where after only 1 year he graduated at the top of his class. Looking for something a little more challenging, one of his professors informed him about a place in America called M.I.T., excited to finally get the chance to "learn something" as Hisashi put it, he used his savings and hopped a flight to America. After reaching Boston, he slept overnight at a bus stop near the college just to be the first to walk in the next day. The following morning he wakes to a loud horn, apparently the bus driver thought he was a bum. He stumbled lazily to the college grounds, and waited patiently to be seen. After waiting 3 hours he was finally called into a room with numerous others to take the exam, after only 20 minutes he was finished, many including the professor overseeing the exam were dumbfounded as he turned the test in. Hisashi thought nothing about why it was so easy, he was still half awake from sleeping the majority of the time in the waiting room.
    After being accepted into M.I.T. with a full scholarship, he soon left the following semester, realizing there was nothing "new" to learn, merely the same thing in a much more "technical" bow.
    After moving back to Japan for a few years he decided to take the initiative and got together some of his projects he was tinkering around with to show some potential investors, suffice it to say they were amazed by his "toys" as he called them. They gave him a small loan to get a final product, where in the terms after the loan was paid Hisashi would receive 20% of the profits. A year later he made enough from the sales to start his own development company, now known as Tenrai Heavy Industries. Believing in quality over quantity, T.H.I is a world leader in technological manufacturing, though most businesses and governments do not purchase from them as the average cost is more than 20x that of their competitors.
    After the initial invasion accured, governments around the world came to Hisashi for his products... but the American government stepped in and decided that Hisashi could only do business with them because Japan was an "American Dependant" or some such nonsense, so with that news Hisashi builds new weapons and technologies for the United States military, Homeland Security, & Civil Defense of Japan.

3. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    OOC: Don't everyone just jump in and post at the same time now. We wouldn't want to step on one another's toes, now would we?

Van

4. litterlad

litterlad Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2009
    IC: Hisashi Mori

"I already told you, the density grade needs to be at least 83% before we can run any tests, take the pickles out of your ears will you!" yells Mori.

"You really think this guy knows what he's doin'?" whispers sergeant wilcox, "Indeed, I hear he is a genius." replies Corporal Hays.

"Will you shut up and do what I tell you!" screams Mori. "But sir! Another explosion like that and the whole facility could collapse, We require additional pylons!" shouts foreman. "I don't care, just get it done!" complains Mori.

"Get central power back online, we need to continue testing the new modifications." explains Mori.

*Mori lights up a cigarette as he walks into his office as the staff sergeant yells in the background of the volatile hazards, Mori slams the door*

*exhaling slowly*
    "Why would Kami do this? It makes no sense."
    "Well no matter the reason, I wont stand by as everything is destroyed... I still haven't been able to try some of that delicious American BBQ I see on TV!"

5. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    *Mori lights up a cigarette as he walks into his office as the staff sergeant yells in the background of the volatile hazards, Mori slams the door*

*exhaling slowly*
    "Why would Kami do this? It makes no sense."
    "Well no matter the reason, I wont stand by as everything is destroyed... I still haven't been able to try some of that delicious American BBQ I see on TV!"

A loud knock comes from Hisashi's office door.

Tag: Litterlad! Others.

6. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    IC: Jake C. Tidwell.

Date and Time: April 3rd, 14:10.

Field Agent Jake Tidwell was in full camo for his assignment now that he was in the field observing the enemy in action. Contact had been made with the other spotter and Tidwell made his way towards the spotter's location. His location was some 1200 meters from his objective's bunker which was well hidden. Captain Huan Taga was the Marine occupying the bunker. Crouching low, Tidwell moved quickly from rock to rock, bush to bush, until he'd reached to within 100 meters of the bunker. Suddenly a banshe climbed up above the horizon's level flying low, seeking a target of opportunity. Jake brought up his Heavy FN SCAR and aimed at the cockpit where the pilot sat at the controls. The silenced FN coughed out its rounds three times at the pilot. The banshe speeding towards his location veered left and caught its wing in the ground, then began swirling then rolling over and over from wing tip to wingtip. It continued until the wings began breaking off. The Banshe then tumbled and caught on fire and exploded. Jake lowered back down towards the ground and continued on towards the Bunker where Captain Huan Taga was located. He stuck a wad of Beechnut chew in his mouth then moved onward.

Tag: Morkai, others.

7. litterlad

litterlad Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2009
    *a loud knock comes from Mori's office door*

"Enter" says Mori.

Through the door enters a soldier, and with him a package.

"I am airman Hanson here to deliver some mail to you Mr. Mori" exclaims the soldier.

*the airman hands Mori a clipboard and pen to sign*

*Mori signs the papers and shoos the airman away, intrigued by what could be in the small box*

Hisashi always loved getting packages, it somehow reminded him of his birthday. So in a dash he tore open the package and between many layers of bubble-wrap he found a small flash drive. Without hesitation he inserted it into his computer.

After a few seconds a video loads onto the screen, Hisashi slowly sits down at his desk and puts out his cigarette without taking his eyes off the monitor. He couldn't believe who it was, a good friend of his fathers who he hasn't seen since he was a small boy. Hisashi intently watched the video...

"Hisashi, Do you remember me? The last time I saw you, you were in elementary school".

Hisashi couldn't forget this man, after all, he was the one who got Hisashi interested in science in the first place. This man was Hachiro Terakawa, the Chief Munitions officer stationed in Guam during WWII.

"I have a very important favor I must ask of you, you see during my time in Guam I was entrusted a top secret mission of the utmost importance. During a routine bunker excavation at Mount. LamLam an object of great mystery was uncovered. attached are photos of the object, a metallic and jagged object, almost like an arrowhead was discovered, it showed no signs of corrosion or damage and clearly was not something anyone of that time could produce. I'm not sure what this object is Hisashi... but my orders were to place it inside a hollowed out depth charge on the Takai Moru and claim the explosive as defective. It was to be sent to HQ for research and development, but as fate would have it the Takai Moru would never make it out of Apra Harbor. It is stored in the housing of the fourth depth charge in the foreward hold of the Takai Moru. You must go and retrieve the relic so you can unearth its mysteries and whether or not it has anything to do with the Kami. I am too old now to accomplish my mission, so for the sake of my honor, and the honor of your nation, you must do this!"

The video ended and Hisashi remained seated in his chair staring at the photos on the monitor, thoughts racing through his mind of what the object could be.

Imidiatly Hisashi unplugged the flash drive from the computer and walked out the door.

"Sergeant Wilcox!" Yells Mori as he walks past the Sergeant

"Sir!" Sergeant Wilcox says as he follows Mori, trying to keep pace.

"I don't care what you have to do, get a seal unit here ASAP!"

"Sir?" the sergeant exclaims in confusion.

Mori stops abruptly and turns a 180 degrees facing Sergeant Wilcox, the sergeant stops and staggers a bit.

Mori looks at the sergeant with an odd look in his eyes and a smirk on his face and says... "We're going to Apra Harbor!"

8. Littledawg

Littledawg Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2008
    :cool: Approved [face_flag]

Name: Cpl. Dwayne Hicks
    Service: Marine Corps
    Military Occupational Specialty (MOS): Infantry
    Weapons: M4A1 Assault rifle, M9 Berretta pistol, frag grenades, Combat knife
    Bio: A squad leader of the investigating Marines who upon arrival on Gaum believe that these "Covenant" are just a bunch of push overs and their missions going to be just another milk run. During their time on gaum on a routine patrol the squad, is scattered by a covenant air attack and is forced away from their base, and is now trapped behind enemy lines.

9. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    OOC: OK. I'm making an adjustment to the time and date for Hisashi's entrance. This will have taken place three days prior to the initial invasion of Guam on March 30th.

Date and time: April 1st 6:00 am.

In Game:

Three diver entered the waters above the old hull of the Tokai Maru and swam towards her. They lit their lights and entered the foreward hold searching for the their objective. Upon finding the right depth charge they began scraping off years of encrustation from its surface near its hoist points then called for a cable. Above two more divers came down with a cable that was being unrealed as they guided it towards the opening to the freighter's foreward hold. In moments the cable was attached to the depth charge's casing and the slow process of guiding it back out was started. By 09:00 the object was on the docks near the Navy side and was being cleaned off. Navy Shore Patrol had cordoned off the area preventing all civilians except one lone Japanese male from approaching the object. A military camo green semi-tractor was brought up with a flatbed trailer to load it on. Soon the entire group on hand and the mysterious depth charge moved on back to Andersen AFB. By 10:00 the object was back at Andersen in a special high security location with an abundant amount of equipment newly arrived from America. Most of it being scanning and sensory in nature.

Tag: litterlad, others.

10. Littledawg

Littledawg Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2008
    IC - Cpl. Dwane Hicks

"Talk to me, Frosty. How's he doin'?" Hicks looked down at his Lieutenant.

"Not good. Not good at all, that cutlass shattered his leg, he's gonna bleed out unless we do something and fast."

"Right. Hang in there Lt. Well get you out." Hicks turned and walked towards the rest of his team. "Alright look. The Lt's not gonna make it unless we get him back to base camp, and the Sarge, well we all know what happened to him." there was silence. "Drake, get me a map of the area, ASAP!"

"Here you go Hicks."

"Thanks," Hicks unfolded the map. "Alright we'll send two with the Lieutenant down the coast and back to base." Hicks traced the line with his finger, "The rest of us will hit the Covenant. . . here, these hills, thats where their going so thats where were going."

"Thats crazy!" Pvt. Hudson screamed, the whole Covenant army and you think we can stop them! their gonna roll right over us, their gonna kill us! You can count me out."

"Enough! Frost, you and Hudson take the Lieutenant and tell Command where the Covies are gonna be."

"Yes, Sir." Frost glared at Hudson and picked up the front of the Lieutenants stretcher, "Come on then." Then they were gone.

"Alright people lets Lock and Load, we got a couple hours of marching and some good, hard fighting then we can go home, come on!"

The Marines began their long march through the terrain, after a couple of hours of marching they began to see elements of the Covenant vanguard. "*****," Pvt. Crowe stated what they were all thinking. "Hudson may have been right."

Tag: ALL

Cannot use that word in that context.

11. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    In Game:

Further north of Crpl. Hicks' Platoon by a quarter mile; just past a rise where the first of the foot hills begin at the northern approach to the highlands of Guam's southern end.

A Cohort of Unggoy Infantry was gathered around their leader Sevet Sakanock who was in contact with his superior, Zogar 'Gaharkee's second in command, Talrac 'Bracatakee. None of the Unggoy noticed the platoon of Marines observing then from a quarter mile away.

Tag: Littledawg, others.

OOC: PS A Cohort is equivalent to a Battalion.

12. Morkai

Morkai Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2005
    OOC: sorry about the massive absence everyone, been depressingly busy

IC: Sgt "Aussie" Smith

Aussie and Tex moved up the stairs and prept positions for they occupation, when their kit was laid out the two SF operators pulled the imposing bulk of their 107's out of they carry bags and took up position. Talking to each other through their throat mic's and to Bull who was spotting for them, soon enough there was a tremendous boom as Aussie fired on an approaching cuvvie, the previously invisible elite was throwing backwards through the air as if it was yanked back by a huge invisible chain. Another boom as Tex found a target, another elite appeared as it crashed to the ground missing its entire head. The two men began working in tandem, methodically picking off the infiltrators, keeping score as they began their latest game of highest kill count wins "bloody awesome" Aussie said to himself as he took the right arm and most of the chest off a suprised looking elite.

TAG: All

13. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    In Game:

IC: US Marine Pvt. Chafai Husto.

Date and Time: April 3rd, 14:15.

The new shooters were heaven sent as far as Chafai Husto was concerned when He'd made his kill of the one Elite he'd spotted a few moments before these new guys came up, setup and were killing the closing enemies much like the Marine Super Squad He'd gone with in the mountains of Afghanastan east of Kabul. Quick, efficient and deadly. He was really glad they were on his side. He spotted another and fired. Alien colored blood gushed out of its mouth as it clutched at its throat where it had been wounded and then dropped to the ground dead. Still more were approaching. But to them it was becoming apparent that simply charging into battle was not stopping them from being killed. they had to some how return fire or die. Shortly a small swarm of Banshees flew in from out of the sun and began firing their plasma weapons down on the defenders. Someone yelled, "Stingers up"! Suddenly solid booster rocket propelled missles climbeed into the sky to intercept them from other locations surrounding the bunkers that in turn had been surrounding Mount Lamlam.
    *******************************************************************************************

IC: Jake C. Tidwell.

Jake C. Tidwell, dove into his objective location just before the next wave of hostiles came in down his throat from out of the sky. Plasma fire cast a green glow that shined through the opening inside the bunker, giving it a foul stench from the smoke as it disiminated throughout the interior. Someone slammed the armored door shut behind him when he came to a sliding halt, complete with road rash.

"Spook! You can make yourself usful on top side or off to the side while you shoot down enough targets to clear us a way to the Beach at the south end," he yelled as he returned back to his ready position with an At-4 CS.

*******************************************************************************************

SitRep:

USS Blue Ridge had Dispatched both USS McCampbell and USS Mustin to individual locations to either side of Guam Island as an Anti Aircraft screen to protect Apro Harbor, the old Orte Naval Air Station, Antonio B. Won Pat International Airport and Andersen AFB. Both are armed with the Aegis air defence system and stunning MAC replacements for the original 5 inch guns that formerly occupied the fore deck. These both were able to double as Anti-Aircraft Assets.

Tag: Morkai, Kahn-Iceay, SnipeHunter, Deiskrad, LittleDawg and litterlad.

14. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Date and Time: April 3rd, 14:11.

Location: Southern end of Guam along the beach from Umatac, Merizo and Inarajan.

IC: as LPC Talrac 'Bracatakee.

Talrac 'Bracatakee ran for cover as yet another wave of human artillary bombardment came in from out of the north destroying his portable post. This time the wave was from yet another source. The pattern of fire was mixed with two different strengths of ordinance and two other types of detination patterns. The weaker of the two more than made up for it in sheer quantity of rounds coming in. But then again the ones that came from further out were causing his shades to be scattered by twos and threes for each shell that hit the beach, thus reducing his perimeter defence's effectiveness. He spotted a nearby Wraith and dove into it then ordered it sealed. If he didn't move the troops out of harm's way, they'd be slaughtered. Not all would fit in the Wraiths available as there was too many of them to transport by the armored combat vehicles. Immediately he ordered the remaining Combat vehicles and Spirit Shuttles in to pick up the Unggoy that still remained on the beach. Within minutes Spirit shuttles from the Inarajan side of the beach flew in to pickup the hapless Unggoy that were hunkered down. Shadows that had been assembled by the fabrication facility. The next wave of artillary shelling started, but this time it was different. The shelling had submunitions in it. Many Spirit shuttles took on devistating damage as the submunitions homed in on them. The Shadow transports faired little better. Whether in the air or landed on the ground to take on troops, the shuttles were torn through by wave after wave of these new artillary rounds. The Shuttles weren't the only targets for the submunitions. The Shade turrets found themselves in no better shape than the Shuttles were as they and their counterparts received a withering fire from overhead. Talrac 'Brakatakee ordered the Wraith's up the hills enmass.

TAG: Kahn-Iceay!

15. litterlad

litterlad Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2009
    Time: 04:30

*click* *hiss* *trinkle*

Hisashi pours himself a fresh cup of coffee as the humming of the Gamma accelerator builds.

*Hisashi picks up a personal recording device*

"It is 4:30 am, 12 hours now and i've still found nothing new about the relic. It doesn't seen to have any effect from x-ray, micro waves, radar, sonar, infrared... nothing, it's like our sensors didn't even register that we've used these devices in the least. The relic seems to either absorb or dissipate any frequency we use on it. General Ruhlmann has been gracious enough to allow me the use of so much expensive and delicate equipment. Without him it would have taken weeks to get my own equipment here, slashing away at red tape as far as the eye could see.

*alarms sound*

Hisashi pushes a red button along the wall, uninterrupted by the commotion.

*alarms silence*

It seems the gamma tests were negative, the relic has reflected the waves away resulting in the warning alarms just now.

Hisashi moves to the relic, clipping the recording device to his shirt. He leans down and runs his hand along the length of the object.

"It is smooth like metal, but feels like no metal I have ever felt..."

He slowly picks up the object, testing the weight in his hands.

"very light for its size"

He puts the relic close to his ear and shakes.

"Nothing rattling around in there..."

Hisashi sits at his desk, hand on cheek and slowly twirling the relic on its point on his desk like a child's toy.

After a few minutes he returns to the lab and places the relic into a device, securely clamping it down.

"okay, we'll now start the magnetic variance tests"

Hisashi fiddles around at a control panel and the device comes to life making a wurring sound, armatures pertrude from the device, each one equip with a different magnetic material. One by one the armatures pass by the relic, changing variances of magnetic strengths.

Hisashi sits patiently in his chair, sipping coffee, wondering...

16. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003

Date: 4-1-09

Time: 04:35

IC: As Sprite174.

In Game:

Sprite174 had been aware of the near Forerunner qualities of the human sitting before it. The human had been attempting to scan the AI's housing from one end of the spectrum to the other, but sprite174 was looking for something more indicative of advanced progression. If the being chose violence as the solution then that would count against it. If it chose more advanced techniques...well, the AI would see then if it had what it took. The being brought up yet another form of test. Sprite174 did a passive scan from within...The human was using magnetism. Soon it would start discerning the subtle magnetic variances in the AI's outer sheath. The AI debated on whther or not to just go ahead and make contact. When the device that was waving over Sprite174's casing with magnetic influence, the AI desided that this was indication of sufficient intelligence to receive the gifts from the Forerunners. Sprite174 emerged from the casing and hovered above the crude apparatus that the human used to investigate the AI's housing with. Just to be on the safe side Sprite174 activated its shielding as it reconfigured into around spheroid with it's optic sensor activated foreward and unblinking. It began emitting holographic/geometric shapes and simple mathimatical constants. Time to test this one.

Tag: litterlad.

17. Morkai

Mar 29, 2005
    IC: SGT "Aussie" Smith

The bunker reverborated with noise and cordite as the men within kept up a punishing rate of fire towards the covenant. The twin booms of the two 107's shook the earth as more enemy were hurled bodily backwards often in pieces, the area on and around the slopes was a criss cross of plasma and tracer fire as the defenders punished the intruders and the covenant strove to suppress them long enough to close. Marines ran to and fro in the confines of the bunkers delivering water and ammo to the defenders as the poured an unrelenting fire into the advancing horde. Aussie slammed another round into the breech of his weapon and sighted down the scope, he found another of what they had come to know as the leaders of these warrior elites, it was gesticulating at the bunkers and obviously calling encouragement to its fellows as they leapt up for another rush. As it turned to lead them forward Aussie breather out and squeezed the trigger, the creatures head disappeared in a flash and mist of blood, its body stood ridgidly for a second before crumbling to the ground "YYYEEOOOWWW you see that one Tex?, took its bloody head off!!!" he said across the comm's to his friend. Tex's only reply was a middle finger and a smile before he took an Elites arm off at the shoulder.

TAG: All

18. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    In Game: Time during current battle of Mount Lamlam. Shortly after the arrival of the Special Forces.

Five Spirit Combat Transports flew up and over the hilly country of Guam's southern end as per orders so as to avoid being shot down by human missles from further north. A stronghold was spotted by one of their Shadow Teams. somehow the humans were able to discern through the cloaking light bending apparatus thus resulting in a slaughter in the making. Spirit Lance Alpha was coming in hot. Up ahead they could make out the carnage of their fellow warriors at the hands of the humans. Plasma turrets were brought to target. Just then streamers of missles came straight at them from positions to either side of the main installations in which the humans occupied. Two of the spirits cleared the threat and continued on, reacquiring their targets to fire on.

Tag: Deiskrad, LittleDawg, Kahn-Iceay, others.

19. Morkai

Mar 29, 2005
    IC: SGT "Aussie" Smith

mount Lamlam

Aussie was taking a large gulp of warm, bad tasting water from his water bladder when Bull came over their comms, "Wake up ya'll, we got some o them u shaped shuttles coming in hot, they're dripping in cuvvies" he finish with relish, Aussie could almost hear him spit out a wad of chewing tobacco as the big southerner continued spotting for them. All of a sudden the two menacing shapes came over the horizon with a low buzz, through his scope he could see jackal snipers and shield carriers swarming over the troop compartments. He rolled over and shouted out to Tex "OI i think its time to try out those new rounds mate!" Tex gave a whoop and called back as he scrambled through his kit "Hell Yeah, git some!!". Aussie dipped into his rig and pulled out a Raufoss Mk 211 Mod 0, "very sexy" he murmured as he slid it into the chamber. Sighting along the rifle he slowed his breathing once again, plasma fire erupted around him as the cuvvies poured fire onto the strong point, it didnt matter, taking no notice of the dust splattering his face he searched for a target.

At that moment Tex took a shot, through his sights Aussie saw the round impact a shield and detonate like a small grenade, knocking the bearer of its feet were it slide off the deck with a shriek and into space. Aussie took the next shot, the ezperimental round tearing a jackal sniper in half, its body slumping to the ground in a puddle of its body fluids. Then Aussie saw something that intrugued him, a glimps of the pilots compartment at the center of the U shaped vessel. "very nice" he whispered as he saw the ship change directions and give him a better view, breath in and out, brace, squeeze, the shot reverborated around the bunker as his shoulder absorbed the recoil. The cockpit was bathed in blue-orange blood as the pilot was obliterated, the bullet going through his body and exploding in the rear of the cockpit, the shock destroying the instruments. All of a sudden the ship listed to the side, several jackals falling to the ground with a thud of finality, the ships engines screamed as it hit the ground, gouging a long trench in the soil before the whole thing erupted in flames, sending shapnel and scorched pieces of jackal over a several hundred meter radius. Tex was whooping in delight off to his side "Hell man, that was a shot in a million you get that from hunting kangaroos?" he joked as he threw an empty water bottle at Aussies head "bugger off redneck, you dont get roo's in the melbourne suburbs you silly person" Aussie laughed back as the men in the bunker system enjoyed the havoc the fallen ship caused in the enemies attack.

TAG: Van

Xan Edit: Can't say that here. Come on you guys, you know where the list is.

20. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    In Game: The Battle of Mount Lamlam.

IC: US Marine Pvt. Chafai Husto.

The atmosphere had definately changed since the SF Operators had shown up. Private Chafai Husto could feel it. The Marines were reloading with fresh Stingers from further down within the bunker network surrounding Mount Lamlam. Three of the Covenant's 'tuning fork' styled flying transports had been shot down as they approached the mount's bunker ring. A fourth one was taken out by the operators who'd arrived moments before. One transport ship was still buzzing around for another pass as its occupants and the turret started strafing the surrounding ground for Marines with plasma fire. Some of those on board adjusted their aim and started firing their plasma beams at the main complex of the bunker network. What remained of the Covenant soldiers with 'inviso' powered suits were once again on the offensive too. They took advantage of the confusion generated from the earlier crash by the fourth combat shuttle. They began throwing plasma grenades in an attempt to get one through one of the bunker's slit windows.

Tag: Morkai, Deiskrad, Oi LittleDawg (what happened to you?), Kahn-Iceay... others.

OOC: HEY!!!!! YOU OTHER GUYS!!!!!! COME ON AND FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

21. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    OOC: I'll have a post inbound sometime tomorrow.

22. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    Lt. Colonel McNeil

The first stage of the assault was successful, the initial artillery strikes were highly accurate and the eventual aid of the two new warships on site had added an extra punch to the offensive. With luck the enemies initial advance into the hill country would be halted at best, crippled but continuing at worst. The enemies exhibition for standard rules of engagement of their own kind however meant it was time to switch to phase two of the assault.

"ARCHER units disengage artillery strikes, switch to triple A munitions and begin anti-air fire support. Air Calvary on station, Raptors on holding pattern." The enemy would no doubt launch a counter strike with air support units due to the overwhelming artillery keeping their own artillery buttoned down. "I want first and second platoons moving forward into the hill country, second tank company to follow and provide armor support. Move the M1A4's up into firing positions, I want them ready to give the enemy a surprise."

"Sir!" Owens called out from his station, "We just got word from the Corpus Christi, SEAL teams are on shore, they'll report what they see shortly."

"Good, I could use some real time intel from the behind their lines."

Tag: Van, others

23. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    NPC Group: SEAL Team 5. 1st Platoon Launched from USNS City of Corpus Christi.

Date and Time: April 3rd, 14:20.

Location: Southern end of Guam along the beach from Umatac, Merizo and Inarajan.

Three fast attack rubber rafts with high powered Evinrudes raced towards the southern beach of Guam as the shelling continued now hammering on the remaining Shade Turrets. New improvements in artillary technology had made a difference in how to dispatch those Air Defence Guns the Covenant had brought against humanity. With the last of them taken out and the barrage finishing off what was left in the way of vulnerable Covenant Grunts, Jackels, Elites and whatever else, the SEALs rushed from their respective race rafts and dashed up towards the target fabrication facility. The place had taken a pounding and was a little worse for wear, but still operational. The lead SEAL had a AA-12 with an extra long barrel for improved distance and the first rounds were two FRAG 12s in his drum. He fired at the nearest entrance with both rounds. Two explosions resulted in a compound crater where once stood a closed security door. Another SEAL fired two more of the Frag 12s through the cratered security door. Stopping any quick responce enemy troops dead in their tracks had they thought of erupting from within at those approaching from without. The Platoon sprinted up and into the facility and proceeded to search and destroy until they had cleared everything except the upper administration and control section. In their way were three members of a hulking Covenant species they'd never seen before. Though they'd been briefed on these ones. They stood 3 meters tall and had hairy bodys, arms and legs. They immediately fired red razor sharp crystal flechettes that exploded within a few seconds of hitting any object. Three platoon members were hit and became severe casualties when the crystal flechettes detonated. The fire fight was nasty in every sense as the word as the Brutes had time to prepare for this kind of assault. One of them laubed a plasma grenade down towards the Team just as their tech raised his M-4's muzzle up and fired upwards in retaliation. The round hit the grenade knocking it back into the hand of the Brute. It stuck to his hand, he tried cutting it off in desparation with a battle blade, then started to charge...too late. BOOM! The backblast threw what was left of the Brute into his fellows, knocking them in turn, into the back wall above and behind them. The one furthest back still got up and tried to fire his flechette weapon. Two red laser pointer dots targeted his head. Red mist was all that was left of it by the time his body dropped to the floor. The rest of the platoon charged up the stair way and up into the control room. They'd been trying to build yet another one of those big walking weapons in addition to the first two, they'd spotted earlier. The operations crew was captured without injuries to any of them.

"Mitch! Notify SOCOM we bagged an operations crew for this facility ask them if they're to be captured for transport or just scrubbed?" said Culluns. He turned back at the captured aliens. Two were Drones while a third was an Elite. The other three were Engineers, non combatants.

"Tell them we've got three of the engineer types alive too," he said.

"Get back on the ground!" yelled another SEAL named Chimp. The blue armored elite had jumped up and now grabbed the SEAL by the leg and used him as a body shield as he raced towards the main control panel. Chimp snatched a hand hold and hung on for dear life, dislocating his shoulder as the Elite came to a sudden stop. A shotgun slug missed his head by half an inch as a result. The Elite let go and tuck rolled across the floor towards the panel and a particular control array. More rounds went off through the air and into the far wall missing their intended target. The Elite made it to the panel and did something too quick to make out with it.

"Take it out, now!" yelled Culluns. Mitch swung and fired his 45 SOCOM mo

24. litterlad

litterlad Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2009
    Loc: Research Facility, Guam

*Sitting at a console, Mori stares blankly at the ground as he swirls the coffee in his mug, contemplating what to do next*

He notices something odd from the corner of his eye, a reflection off one of the stainless steel panels. With a glance over his glasses he notices the relic is no longer fastened down to the M.V.S.. Instead he sees a floating sphere with a singular iris portraying holographic images. Mori stands up and walks over to the changed relic, gazing at it and the images it spawns.
    Mori pans around the relic, getting a 360 view, analyzing its structure.

"Good morning" says Mori as he bows. "My name is Hisashi Mori, I apologize for waking you."

25. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    ********************************************************************************************

Fast Foreward to 4-3-09.

Time: 14:20

Brigadier General Philipp M. Ruhlmann and his Base Intelligence Officers were present, along with a retinue of security personel all heavily armed. Hasashi Mori had been working continiously with the Forerunner AI from the moment that Sprite174 revealed itself, snatching four hour sleep shifts and enough food to keep himself lucid. For the first time he'd come across something that challenged his mental prowess. Sprite174 was now proficient at understanding American English and Japanese in both written and spoken formats.

"Mr. Mori, we've determined that a move off the Island may have to be carried out soon. This area is being contested by the Covenant and what you have uncovered has received the attention of President George Bush*. As soon as possible we will be transporting you to another location along with your new...friend Sprite174," spoke General Ruhlmann.

*Since the Thanks Giving Day announcement had been made before November 6th of 2008. A State of National Emergency had been announced by then President George W. Bush, suspending the Constitution of the United States and placing the nation in a State of War Declared against the Covenant.

Tag: litterlad, othrs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.