main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Hamato Xiono (Kaz's dad)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ScorpioGirl, Feb 1, 2020.

1. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    You know, I just thought of something: If Kaz’s father (Senator Hamato Xiono) is with the First Order, what is his role? Would he just be a sympathizer? Would he be on the Supreme Council, or would he just command the military?

Kaz did say/hint that his father made him go to the Republic Naval Academy and joined the Navy, which is what he (Hamato) wanted. Plus there’s the fact that he was off-world when the attack on Hosnian Prime happened.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    They almost definitely had some plans for him and the rest of Kaz's family. I don't think he'd have been on the First Order's side, but I do think he would not have supported the Resistance in the slightest. Basically a more extreme version of Captain Doza, and could have been a good foil for him- one the former Imperial who sides with the Resistance and one a former Republic senator who wants nothing to do with either side.

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yah I remember in S1 it was a big deal who Kaz's dad was (they even didn't show his face) and in S2 he's just a guy who pops up in a hologram and there's way less references to him in S2 when the pilot has a few. I think if the series had gone on, they would have had the family in it more.

4. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    My question is...if Hamato is with the FO, how does Kaz NOT know this? How has he not noticed any talk about the First Order or any propaganda laying around the house (or maybe even Hamato’s office)?

I can think of three possibilities:

1. He’s completely oblivious (some spy he is)

This seems a little OOC even for Kaz, unless Hamato doesn’t have any propaganda laying around the house, and he doesn’t talk about the FO in front of Kaz for some reason.

2. He’s in complete denial

He doesn’t want to believe someone he’s known his whole life, someone he’s related to be part of something so evil. But deep down, he knows or at least suspects his father is with the FO.

3. He DOES know, but kept it a secret.

This seems less likely, but, he could have seen what happened to Leia when it was revealed that Darth Vader was her father and is too afraid to tell anyone his father is in the First Order. He doesn’t want the Resistance to think that he’s a double agent or a spy (ironically) for the First Order. Plus, he sees that the FO is evil, and he doesn’t like it or agree with it, so he joined the Resistance and stresses that the FO is evil and hates them (and that’s before they blow up his home planet!).

What do you guys think?