main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han and Leia: An EU Fan's Haven

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DantSolo, Mar 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Hi all :)

Been lurking for a while. Mind if I join?

2. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    Hi unicorn. I was wondering who was going to pounce and get the 1000th post. You got it. :)

3. DantSolo

DantSolo Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    Welcome unicorn! We're always happy to see another friendly face. :D

boushh2187: I could easily be wrong, but I *think* the Salla/marriage thing was in RD. Isn't that why he takes off for the Corporate Sector?

4. boushh2187

Jul 16, 1999
    Dant: You might be right... The two books are merging into one in my brain at the moment. That's why I asked. :) I'm away from my reference library so I figured this was the best place to ask. ;)

5. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    boushh2187: I may be right, I may be wrong :) My reference libaary is in the next room, but I am way too lazy to go look.....sad, I know. ;)

I really want to start Conquest, but I'm busy rereading BP for this fic. So, Conquest, sadly, will have to wait. :(

6. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Welcome unicorn. :)

Yes boushh, Dant is right. The Salla thing took place in RD. That is one reason I'm convinced Han and Leia belong together, as if there is any doubt. Han knew that Salla was not the right person for him and was unwilling to make that kind of committment. When the time was right he did not hesitate with Leia. :)

7. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    I liked how salla and xavierre (will I *ever* learn how to spell this woman's name?!) like really hit it off and became friends. That was funny. And Han was all uncomfortable and stuff because he just assumed they would be talking about him all the time and 'comparing notes'. Heheheheheh.. :)

8. boushh2187

Jul 16, 1999
    Sologal: I agree completely. I don't think there was every any doubt that Leia was the one for him. :)

I don't know... throughout the whole HST I just thought forward to what would eventually happen to Han and what kind of person he would become... Leia of course figures in, in a very big way. So everything that happend to him in those books I took as being things that eventually shape him into the man we see in ANH...

9. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    Yanksfan: X-A-V-E-R-R-I ;)

Sologal: Yes, that was quite funny! I don't think it ever entered Han's mind that Salla might be "the one." He never seemed to love her.

boushh2187: Yes, it was fascinating to see how Han turned into the man who eventually finds true love with Leia. :D :D

10. boushh2187

Jul 16, 1999
    Yanksfan: Holy Cow that is just too funny. :) I had forgotten about that, I guess. Hee hee... Can't you just see Han squirming in his seat at the sight of the two of them together?

11. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    I felt that way too, boushh. Although I think knowing the future made it easier for AC Crispin to construct a past for Han that moves him in that direction. :)

Yanksfan, I loved that bit with Salla and Xaveri too. Another thing I liked about that, is that it proved that Han is a one woman man. I always liked that he thought enough of the woman he was with to be faithful in that relationship. :)

12. boushh2187

Jul 16, 1999
    Sologal: You're right that knowing the future helped Crispin send Han towards that direction. :) I'm just glad that she chose to handle it that way...

And you are soooo right about the one woman thing!! How can anyone not love this guy? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.