main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han and Leia writers resource and Archive. We are comming up with names for the thread,come on in!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Princess1, Oct 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001

This is the place to archive your Han and Leia stories, through a link or a url, promote them through a short summary or snippet etc. And we can discuss Han and Leia,and writing about them to our hearts content! This is also where news on the Han and Leia awards will be until the nominations start.

Anyway, here it is.:)

AWARDS ARE OVER. At least until fall anyway. :) So now this is just a discussion, archive, Han and Leia fan haven. Have fun! :D

Anyway, the award got approved, so I'm starting the resource thread, and I'll have a week to plan, and let authors get viggettes out etc. And then start nominations.

Heres some catagory ideas I have worked out so far, tell me what you think. :)

Best Han and Leia romance story.

Best Han and Leia action etc. story.

Best Han and Leia romance writer.

Best Han and Leia action etc, writer.

Best Han and Leia viggette.

Best Han and Leia song fic.

Should I have some other catagories, will you tell me what you think?

And what does everyone think for a name for the award, perhaps, the "I know award?" "Princess and the pirate." "Carbon freeze award." etc... Any ideas.

Thanks eveyone. :D

Princess1

2. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Ok, I guess I'll try and get this rolling, I'll post the first URL for a story.

This is my story its called. "Love is Stronger" its a post courtship, Han and Leia AU. It starts at Han and Leia's wedding, and the villian is Xizor, who has survived, and is seeking revenge. He suchcessfully ruins Han and Leia's honeymoon, since they hadn't excatly planned to spend it on Tatioone. When they finnaly get back to Courscant, they find much has changed, treachery, a new chief of state, and a possible murder.
    This story is almost finished, but still in progress.

Here's the URL.

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=6677512&replies=0

3. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
  4. Neobi_Kenobi

Neobi_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 15, 2001
    May I suggest Best Han and Leia Heart breaker. It seems the there are a good amount of fan fictions out there that have it where one is missing or dead and it is memories and/or feelings from the other.

5. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Maybe Best Han and Leia Pre OT Fic/Author as a category?

There are alot of fics that topic Skywalker/Solo stories by different authors. Perhaps some sort of category for that too?

6. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001

Neobi Kenobi: Thats a good idea! I'll definitly add that one to the least, a good heart breaker, or tear jerker is something to be apreciated. :)

Sara: That could be good, there aren't many pre OT Han and Leia fics out there, and they deserve to be noticed. So, do you think I should divid it up into time catagories? Or would that be to many catagories? I'm not quite sure.

Heres the updated catagory list:

Best Han and Leia tear jerker or heart breaker.

Best pre OT Han and Leia fic.

Watch for stories everyone, get your Han and Leia viggettes etc out there, voting will start this weekend!

By the way, JG told me to encourage all of the winners, or even people who just get nominated, anybody, to submit to the archive, she said there is a shortage of Han and Leia fics there right now. :)

7. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Neobi Kenobi: Thats a good idea! I'll definitly add that one to the least, a good heart breaker, or tear jerker is something to be apreciated. :)

Sara: That could be good, there aren't many pre OT Han and Leia fics out there, and they deserve to be noticed. So, do you think I should divid it up into time catagories? Or would that be to many catagories? I'm not quite sure. When you say skywalker solo stories by differnt authors, do you mean co-written fics, or round robins? I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.

Heres the updated catagory list:

Best Han and Leia tear jerker or heart breaker.

Best pre OT Han and Leia fic.

Watch for stories everyone, get your Han and Leia viggettes etc out there, voting will start this weekend!

By the way, JG told me to encourage all of the winners, or even people who just get nominated, anybody, to submit to the archive, she said there is a shortage of Han and Leia fics there right now. :)

8. Neobi_Kenobi

Neobi_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 15, 2001
    The list sounds great!! You know I was thinking again, yes I know a scary thought, but what about Best fan fiction with Han and Leia as secondary couple, that would help encourage writers to pay more attention to Han and Leia. Also dividing into time periods might make too many categories maybe just have the one with the least amount of fan fictions in it.

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    That's a great idea Neobi! :)

Princess I ment just considering some sort of idea for a Skywalker/Solo category if they're are any that feature Han/Leia. Round Robins or anything. I don't know if they're any that feature Han/Leia though.

You're right though. There isn't many Han/Leia Pre OT stories.

10. Heather_Skywalker

Heather_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 13, 2002
    This is such a great idea! Even thought many people have said it already. [face_blush]

Hopefully these new awards will spark and new intrest in writting Han and Leia fan fictions. I know in the past few weeks I've only seen a few.

11. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Well, I have half a dozen H/L vignettes, but most of them are lost somewhere in the boards. Should I just put them here?

Here's a tearjerker. It's a post-Courtship of Princess Leia AU. It's very complicated, but to make a long story short, I wrote a short story (my first fanfic) and got it accepted at the Archive. Then people started begging me for a sequel, so I wrote one and put it on the boards. Then I tried to get the sequel on the Archive and discovered so many plot holes that I would have to completely rewrite it, so abandoned the effort. :)

But it case you would like to read it, here's the part that's on the Archive:

Almost Family

I have a few vignettes posted on SMOOCH, and soon I'm going to be compiling all my vignettes into a thread, so I'll put a link here when I do that. :)

12. Aanix_Durray

Aanix_Durray Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    This thread seems to be mostly about the awards for H/L writers, but since the title did say resource thread, I'll just ask this anyway.

I have a question for H/L fans: Would you read a fic where they didn't get together per se?

And before the rotten tomatoes start flying, I'll give a little explanation, the plot bunny goes as such:

Bria Tharen (Han's first love from before ANH [she was in the Han Solo Trilogy]) doesn't die, and as a result, they later marry. However, he still gets involved with the Alliance via Bria's connections with them, and still meets Leia. All the tention and everything is still present, but it's a little different since Han's hitched.

Shortly after the Truce and Bakura (or right aroun there anyway), Bria dies/is killed, leaving Han a widower and a father. This doesn't make it easy on him, and the responsibilities left to him keep him from acting on his feelings for Leia.

So when the events of Courtship roll around, Leia thinks that Han will neer act on his feelings, so she accepts Isolder's offer.

NEways, that's all just back story to a fic which would take place later on, and H/L would end up getting together... but it's the eventually part I was wondering about.

Would this still appeal to H/L readers?

Sorry for the long post.

Later,
    ~~Aanix

13. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Ok everyone, you guys are all so supportive of this idea, I'm so happy! :) I'm trying to promote it, let people know, I'll be putting it in my sig, could any of you possibly let people know, mention it in a few places? It would really be apreciated, that way we would get more voters. :)

Neobi Kenobi: Hey, thats a good idea to! :) So many ideas....;) But that would be cool, it might help encourage people to include Han and Leia more often, and not follow the trend set by recent NJO books that seem to push Han and Leia almost compltely to the side.

Sara: Oh, yea, I get it now. *blush* silly me, I was confused. The skywalker/solo idea is good, I'll look at all the idea again soon, I'm pretty much going to start the catagory list and finalize it by friday, since voting starts saturday or sunday. :)

Heather: Thank you. :) I agree, that was part of the reason I wanted to start this, it seems like Han and Leia haven't gotten much attention lately, hopefully this will help with that. :)

Mcily_Nochi: Oh gosh, I tottaly know what you mean, I have a ton of Han and Leia viggettes floating around to. Just post their links or urls here if you want, with a breif summary of what they are about, and I've been trying to repost or push up my old ones on the boards, give them exposure again, thats what I'd recoomend doing. :)

Oh yea, I read Almost Family, it was so sad, it made me cry.....I loved it, it felt like something Han would really do, a very realistic reaction. :)

Aanix_Durray: Thats ok, long post are perfectly fine, and don't worry, this is also a resource thread, so feel welcome to use it as such.
    I really like your story idea, its very orignal, and sounds like it would really go into Han's character, which people don't do very often. He's my favorite character, and I'll always read a good fic with Han in it. But I must admit, it would distress me if he and Leia didn't get together eventualy, but, its the wait that makes it good. :) So if you start writing it, pm, I'd be glad to help, and/or read it when you post it. :)

14. Aanix_Durray

Aanix_Durray Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    Thanx so much for the help, Princess1, just had to check with the H/L fans before screwing with the the relationship. :)

I plan and working on it soon, so I'll PM you when it's ready/posted.

Later,
    ~~Aanix

15. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Hey, if I'm not the only person with H/L viggies lying around, how about if I start a thread on the Fan Fic Board where people can post their H/L viggies? Would anybody be interested?

16. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Aanix that sounds like an awesome story! :)

And the awards voting starts this weekend Princess?
    That's great! :)

17. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Well, I'm going to start a thread for H/L viggies, if only so people can get them up in time for the awards. :)

H/L Vignette Thread

18. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Fantastic idea, Princess! Astonishing suggestions from all. I'm currently working on a short vignette-like Han/Leia scene, and hope I'll get it up in time for the awards.

By the way, nice thread, Em ;)

Am [face_love]

19. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Thanks, Am! I can't wait to read your viggy!

20. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Aanix: Your welcome, looking foreward to your story! :)

Sara: Yep, awards start this weekend, probably saturday or sunday. :)

Mcily: Cool thread idea. :)

Am: Thanks! I'm so glad this thread is getting a good response, I really hope people vote in it.:) Good luck with your viggette. :)

21. Heather_Skywalker

Heather_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 13, 2002
    When every Han and Leia are involved people follow. This is a wonderful idea.

Just for the sake of knowing, does the Fic/vig. have to be compeleted?

22. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    The fic doesn't, but if its a viggette it should be. :)

Awards start tomarrow everyone! :)

23. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
  24. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
  25. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Does the story have to center exclusively on Han/Leia romance? What if the story has H/L as main characters or in an ensemble, and there's some intimations of romance but no actual all out kissing etc? I'm writing a story now set in the OT between ANH and ESB. It's not an AU, so I can't have them actually acknowedge their love to each other, but there will be some hints. Is that too subtle to count?

Anyway, I know this sounds confusing, but anyway, my story is "Of Spies and Sabacc" and the link is after my signature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.