main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han and Leia writers resource and Archive. We are comming up with names for the thread,come on in!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Princess1, Oct 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aanix_Durray

Aanix_Durray Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    Okay, help H/L 'shipper, you're my only hope! :)

I finished the chapter summary for that AU H/L fic I mentioned earlier, and I was planning to work on the first post relatively soon. However, I'm having trouble getting inot the character of Leia (and I may have trouble with others, but since her POV is in the first post, this is the once I'm worried about). I could use any suggestions on how to get into her character!

Thanx--

-~Aanix~-

2. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    LadyPadme: Nope, it doesn't have to be romance, just as long as one or the other, or both are a main character. :)

Aanix: Ah yes, I've had that problem before, I had the worst time getting into Obi Wan's character for one of my stories. If I have a problem getting into a character, this is what I do: I use the actor questions. (I do alot of acting)(WARNING: This is long. ;) )
    First, you ask who?: Princess Leia Organa, of the destroyed planet Aldeeraan, a leader of the rebellion agianst the empire, and a former memeber of the senate.
    Theres your technical stuff.

So what does all that mean? What does it reveal about her?

Ok, so she's a princess, she's probably used to people listening to her, and to getting her way. But the planet she was princess of no longer exist, so that probably leaves her a little confused, in conflict over that. She's a leader of the rebellion. That again says she's used to people paying attention to what she has to say, and to being the one leading, not following. Because its a rebellion it also says she's strong minded, and stands with her ideals, determend, will stand up for what she believes. She was a member of the imperal senate, at a very young age in fact. So that says she's intelligent, and despite her determination, is perfectly capable of diplomacy when she wants to be.

So that gives you some personality traits to try and connect to.

Then you should think about more personal stuff, how all of those things would affect her personally, about the people and situations she would have been involved with because of that.

So you can answer these questions: What? When? Where? Why? How?

What is she doing, when is this happening (time period in saga), Where is it taking place. Why is it happening? And how?

Watch the movies, or key scenes with her in them, or read a little bit of one of the books with her in it, try and think of the subtext behind her words and actions (subtext, like I could say one thing, but what I meant, or why I said it could mean something tottaly differnt)

*deep breath* ;) Ok, I've rambled for long enough, hope all that helps. :)
    Good luck with your story, I'm looking forward to reading it!

3. Aanix_Durray

Dec 29, 2001
    Thanx so much Princess1, that was incredibly helpful.

And I'll probably be stopping by at a later date looking for a beta, so I will be back!

Later --

-~Aanix~-

4. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
  5. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Aanix: Your welcome. :)

Aunecah: I read your vigenette, its beautiful, absolutly beautful.

6. Heather_Skywalker

Heather_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 13, 2002
    Here's my little story. It's not too long, but it's not done. It takes place when Leia and Han are about 14/15.

Protector

7. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Oh, and I have one more H/L vignette in case anyone's interested:

Stolen Moments

This carries a big mush alert, but maybe some will enjoy it! :)

8. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    This thread is great! It makes finding H/L fics so much easier to find.

9. Aanix_Durray

Dec 29, 2001
    Okay, this thread was way to low...

Oh, and I started the H/L fic I posted about earlier (not posted yet, but I've got the first chapter done), and I wanted to know if anyone would beta read it for me. I know that there is a thread for this, but I was looking for someone with experience with H/L fics (cause I have none :) ) and I'm mostly worried about characterization.

Any help would be great!

-~Aanix~-

10. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    I'd love to beta read it for you, although after tomarrow I won't be able to get to a computer for two days, but I'm really interrested in that fic, I would love to help in anyway I can. :)

11. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    I may be able to help you out there, Aanix. I?ve written one or two H/L related pieces, and could have a look over yours. Contact me if you think I?m applicable.

Am [face_love]

12. Aanix_Durray

Dec 29, 2001
    Thanx guys :) , I PMed you both with the info.

-~Aanix~-

13. TheBiggerFish

TheBiggerFish Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    I wrote a H/L two poster, called "Day you went away" and "Soon I will be loved"

"Day you went away" Is my interpretation of how Han leaves Leia after Chewie dies. Warning, get your tissues.

"Soon I will be loved" is the reunion scene on Duro (which I thought was handled horribly in the books) which I rewrote.

Both are song-fics and can be found at this URL:
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=9632746

14. Aanix_Durray

Dec 29, 2001
    Wow, this thread was way to low.

**thou shalt rise**

Oh and I just posted my fist H/L fic, so you guys can check it out if you like:

For the Future: A Han and Leia AU

Later,
    -~Aanix~-

15. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    Hello fellow Han and Leia writers. I am looking for someone to help me with the story that I started a short time ago. I have the ideas and the plot. The problem is that I am a writer that cannot fill in the gaps between one idea and another. I am looking for someone that can help me. I will be more than glad to team up with someone in order to finish my story.
    This is my first H/L story so I want to have the guidness of an experience author.
    Please help,
    Darth Masan

16. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Darth Masan: Can you tell me a little bit more about your idea? I might be intersted, and I will certainly be glad to help in some way. :)

17. DarthMasan

Sep 20, 2002
    FIXING THE PREVIOUS SUMMARY:
    its an AU stroy that(i know that theres a million of these but.. oh well..) starts in
    ESB and its about Han leaving the Rebellion to go pay Jabba. Before he leaves he promises her that he will come back. Sadly he doesnt.
    Then ir fast forwards to about the time of CoPL, while on Hapes, Leia is negotiating with Isolder and Han happens to be sumggling something whithin Hapes. Han gets into trouble and the Princess runs quickly to his rescue....:)
    Its something like that....
    You like?

18. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Like? I LOVE it! Thats a great idea, I can soooo see Han running into Leia and Isolder.....he he. :)

That sounds great, I'd love to help you with that, and don't worry about there being alot of AUs, those are my favorite type.

I'd love to work with you on the story. :)

19. DarthMasan

Sep 20, 2002
    *stars to jump up and down in happyness!!!* wow!! really!? wow! thank you soo much!
    now, what should i do? (im such an ignorant here its making me look stupid..)
    I have some material, but it is only like the main ideas...
    wow PRINCESS 1 thank you soo much
    ill work my fingers off and type it all up and send it to you(where do I send it to you?)
    you can then see it(probably laugh at it) and change what ever you want... and of course add what ever want...
    wow! thank you sooo much!
    :D

20. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Oh this is sweet! :D

I just started a H/L AU fic. The first post is pretty dull, but I think I like the plot. :D

Forgotten

Hope you... like. :p

--Den

21. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Darth Masan: Just send it to me at IamaSkywalker@fanhost.net. :)
    Your welcome, it really does sound like a good idea, and nothing wrong with not knowing quite how to start, for me thats always the hardest part, the begining! Anyway, just send me whatever you've got, and then we can talk about it. :D

22. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
  23. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Hey everyone, I haven't been here for awhile (naughty me!) sorry.

But I have a update! :D

DelRey.com has a free Han and Leia short story up in honor of valentines day, its a little late now but its still there, at least it was a little while ago anyway.

Its called "Corphelion Interlude" by Troy Denning and its set during Han and Leia's honeymoon. (FINNALY some mush from offical star wars books!)

Anyway, its cute, you should check it out. :)

24. Tara

Tara Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2002
    Awww yeah, that story is adorable. I've waited sooo long to see Han and Leia be written write in profic. Can't wait for Tatooine Ghost :D

Anyway, if all H/L authors started posting announcements about their stories in this thread, that would be really great. I can't visit the forums as often as I'd like, and often fics I'm reading get buried or I miss them completely...

25. Lady_Moonbeam

Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    [face_blush] I wrote a short H/L vignette--just Han musing over Leia. Post-wedding bliss, if you prefer.

Beside Her

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.