main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han and Leia writers resource and Archive. We are comming up with names for the thread,come on in!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Princess1, Oct 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solosgurl

Solosgurl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2001
    Hey fellow H/L writers...

Well I am in the midst of writing a fic involving Han/Leia/Bria...ooohhh. I had a question regarding characterization since I need some ideas...My story involves Han being vulnerable right after they win the Battle of Endor. In my world(or cosmology as us writers say) I see Han as being thrust into a major decision, whether he stays with the Rebellion and Leia or leaves and does his own thing again. I can see him equally leaning toward both options, I mean even though he loves Leia and everything and his debt is paid, staying with the Rebellion would be a huge change of lifestyle for him and everything. Is he really ready for that kind of responsibility.

Do you think that's a believable aspect of Han? Or is it too far out to say that he has doubts about staying with the Rebellion? The entire story is resting on this idea.

Any ideas, suggestions, etc. would be appreciated.

Always,
    ~SG

2. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Before you read the rest of this, know that I am a die hard Han/Leia lover, and believe that they should live happily ever after. Also, that they should have married VERY soon after Endor. That being said, I think I would have a hard time with Han leaving again for a few reasons:
    1) Leia - how can he leave her when it's taken so many years to finally have them both admit they love each other?
    2) Han was a loner because he never had anyone really look out for him before, except Chewie and maybe Dewlanna. He's also a cynic because life has been hard on him. But (what I thought was) the whole point of RotJ (from Han's perspective, anyway) was that he learned from his experience, i.e. that his friends took time out and put their necks on the line to rescue him, and I thought this taught him that he needed his friends, and needed other people, and that he owed the Rebels his loyalty. So, for Han to light out and leave just because he doesn't like giving up his old ways seems anti-Han to me. If Han had a better reason to leave, I'd be okay with that, but Han, for all the cynic that he appears, is really an idealist at heart and intensely loyal, and I just can't see him being selfish and leaving.

Anyway, my two cents on my baby.

I hope that doesn't totally kill your plot bunny, but maybe you could just redirect Han's focus.

3. Tara

Tara Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2002
    LadyMoonbeam's fic is excellent. I highly recommend it :)

By the way Princess1 and I are trying to come up with names for this thread (since the award for H/L fics is over..) I suggested something to do with Troy Denning's H/L short story such as Corphelion Shooting Coments. If you have any suggestions, please post them here!

Interesting plotbunny Solosgurl. The only way I can see Han leaving Leia would be under extreme circumstances, having more to do with Leia than with him. Such as...Leia considering a political marriage proposal, or the rest of the galaxy not approving of Leia being with Han and her actually listening to them. I do see those two examples out of character for Leia though, so if you can think of a plausible one in character...

Even though I know AC Crispin has said Han would leave the Rebellion and Leia because of an out of sight, out of mind mentality, I think Han's loyalty is one of his most prominent qualities and I don't see him considering taking off for a very, very good reason.

My 0.02 c.

4. Solosgurl

Jul 27, 2001
    Hmmm...well there is a bit of a twist to the story...I agree that I don't think Han would leave Leia, but my question is if I wrote a story along those lines would it be conceivable? I guess anything is conceivable if you're a good writer,lol.

Thanks for the feedback...I enjoy it

5. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Tara asked me to post a link here to my H/L kiss poems. They cover all the kisses from the movies (even the deleted Bespin kiss). :)

Hugs and Kisses

6. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Yea, like Tara said, we are thinking of names for this thread, since just plan old "Han and Leia resource thread" is a little well....boring. :p

Anyway, we are thinking of either something to do with Troy Dennings short Han and Leia honeymoon fic, or something else like maybe "Rebel Hearts" or "Bespin Love" or......who knows?

So, we'll be comming up with ideas and posting them here, and please everyone else feel free to do so as well! Then we all can vote on a name once we've come up with enough good ideas. :)

Solosgurl: I am afraid I can't really see Han leaving Leia like that, it would have to be over something pretty serious, like he thought she wanted him to or something like that. Because Han's loyalty is a major part of him, and the fact that he's a cynic is really just due to the way he grew up, not his natural personalitly. I prefer to think of him as a fallen idealist. :)
    But don't let that mess up your plot bunny, just think of a good reason for him to leave if you have to, but truthfully, the idea of Han leaving Leia just breaks my heart. :( They are so perfect for eachother. :)

7. Tara

May 4, 2002
    My suggestion was Corphelion Shooting Stars as a reference to Han & Leia's honeymoon in Troy Denning's short story...That way, we could have this as somewhat of a cafe with cyber food while we chatted about Han & Leia fic ;)

Solosgurl: Yes if you write it well and in character anything is believable ;) Some fics where Han and Leia break up where I thought it was done well: Renewal by ivylore, The Wager by Cindy Olsen, Secrets by Martha Wells Wilson..It's always under extreme circumstances though...

8. Solosgurl

Jul 27, 2001
    Yes mos def....

Thanks for your feedback...the plot is still running around in my head, I'm not rushing anything.

Peace,
    ~SG

9. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
  10. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Will reiterate my idea "Nerfherders and Princesses".

or possibly "Scoundrels and Princesses"

11. Tara

May 4, 2002
    I like that too :)

Anyone else have any ideas?

Will go back to reading Tatooine Ghost now... :D

12. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001

Oh yea, I like those ideas to. Anyone else?

Tara: Oh goody, your reading Tatioone Ghost? Is it good? Oh gosh I hope so! Its been forever since a book focused on Han and Leia. I'm buying it next time I get to a book store, hopefully soon. :)

13. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    *whimpers, wishing she had Tatooine Ghost yet* I still have to get the book shipped down to me ;).

Anyone mind if I insert my 0.02? I like something involving ?Shooting Stars? and ?Bespin Love?. LP has some good ideas as well ? her first one made me laugh ;). Hmm, I can?t think of any titles at the moment, so I?m pretty useless when it comes to suggestions. I just wanted to let everyone know I?m still around this thread :).

Am [face_love]

14. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    Well, here's my opinion:

Titles are all really good. :) I won't suggest anything.

As for the Han leaving Leia thing--
    I actually think you might have a case. While I love writing H/L to death, as you plan to stage your fic directly after Endor, it could work. If Leia was still considering marrying Isoldor and actually thought she was in love with him that long after Endor, sure, Han's human-- and I'd say he's allowed to second guess himself as well. Han and Leia were in love, yes. But at that point in time, how much in love were they? Apparently if Leia could even QUESTION her love for Han for a second, even with the fate of the galaxy's political sanction...it may not have been 100% rock solid.

I think it is a very delicate subject, but if handled with the right scenario and tenacity, it would be very interesting. CoPL set Han up as a miserable lackey to Leia, but hey, the man was more than human, and I think realistically while Han loved Leia a tremendous amount...would he eventually get over her if she'd married Isoldor? Realistically, probably. We've all had our hearts broken at some point, and for the most part, we move on. Of course, I haven't quite mastered the moving on part yet myself...so I can't speak completely from experience, but as it is often said, yes, you do move on.

There are two ways I can see this: Leia is either going to really have to hurt Han something awful, something that he doesn't think he can forgive her for. And this may come about-- Han and Leia in the rebellion era were still like hot sparks flying, sometimes passionately with kisses, other time with tempers. An altercation would have to be really blown up, with yelling and arguing and maybe even a slap. But you know what they say about lovers' quarrels. This would have to be hot as heck.

The other way is directly afterwards, Han could easily find himself in a situation of confusion. Here he is, a bum pilot that signed on for a hot job, and a few years later, he's working for a war. The war's over, what is a guy like Solo going to do again? (Forget the EU continuancy here) She's a Princess without a planet, but she's a princess. And now the war is over. They lose equal footing, instead of General Solo that had something to do and Princess Leia, you're left with Princess Leia and Han Solo, renegade pilot. I think very well Han could possibly think about this, and kind of worry about it-- how is he going to fit into the same world with a princess. Feelings of inadequacy and not wanting to dig down too deep might lead to a good story about him trying to shut her out before it hurts more...after all, I don't think Han thought in the trilogy that he was going to MARRY her. It'd be a neat idea.

Just food for thought.

15. Tara

May 4, 2002
    Princess1 and anyone else who's interested:

Tatooine Ghost is very, very good. I'm a diehard Han/Leia fan and I was not disappointed. Denning did a great job with them, both in characteriations and in their interaction.

It's also a really good bridge novel between the prequel and the original trilogy generation.

16. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Oh my gosh Tara you just made my day. :D I am sooo glad that its good, I have been waiting for a Han and Leia novel for forever, and since I'm shelling out the money for a hardcover it better be worth it! Yea! :D :D Lets hope its the start of a new trend. :) :D

17. Tara

May 4, 2002
    Yes Princess1 go buy it right away!! :) It is a H/L fan's dream come true :)

On the topic of this thread: It's going to be re-started March 15 when the boards get split up, so we can archive all H/L fics in one area. So:

1) We need to think of a name! ;)

2) If you want your story archived on the first page, PM the user HanLeiaFanficGuru (you can find them doing a user search) with a link and summary of your story :) It's at your disadvantage, you'll probably get many more readers this way!

18. Teoni

Teoni Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2003
    Hi all,

*waves* Newbie here! I PM'd the gracious Empress Amsie *curtseys* and followed the link to this thread. :D

I am overjoyed to be among soooo many like-minded, diehard H/L fans. Think I'm gonna like it here :) We gotta stick together & represent. There should be a link to this thread in other prominent H/L threads, like "The Han & Leia Thread Strikes Back." I wouldn't have found this thread w/out the Empress' assistance.

as far as names go, I kinda like the "Cloud City Café." I know it's got a lot of resonance for H/L, more negative than positive, but it is an attractive, resort-type place. Or, maybe, along Tara's lines, the ?Corphelion Stars Café?? Perhaps even the ?Shooting Stars Café.?

? ...That way, we could have this as somewhat of a cafe with cyber food while we chatted about Han & Leia fic wink.gif ?

This thread should be the one-stop shopping place for all written H/L fanfic regardless of type or length, since it would make getting one's H/L fanfic fix sooo much easier *ahhhh!* *Gotta scratch my H/L itch!!* Takes much too long to browse through the current active fanfic threads, and I must admit I was deeply discouraged at the paucity of H/L generally on the boards, fanfic in particular :mad: Thank the Force you guys are bucking that trend! There can never be enough good H/L fanfic. Jmo. ;)

cheers,

Téoni

19. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001

Teoni: Hey, welcome. :) Yep, this is the place for diehard Han and Leia fans alright, thats why I started it! D

Tara: If I remember correctly is the fanfiction boards that are getting split, not the fanfiction writers resource. So why is this thread getting restarted? I didn't know anything about that.

Yes, we definitly need a name, and since Bespin Love and the Corphelian Shooting Stars Cafe seem to be the most popular, what about a compromise like Shooting Stars Above Bespin Cafe?

20. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Wow, a whole thread devoted to H/L fanfiction?

*puts hands on hips*

How come I didn't find this sooner?

So you'd reccomend Tatooine Ghost? I haven't got it yet, but I'm thinking of buying it. Do you think that Han and Leia are in character well? Do they argue? Is there mush? I'd just like to say that I love Han/Leia. I'll definatly be revisiting this thread.

21. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    I don't know, how did you miss it? :p
    Lol, anyway, glad you've found it now. :)

I havn't read Tatioone Ghost yet either, I ordered it off Barnes and Noble.com and am waiting. I HATE how slow the post office is! :p :D

Tara: I talked to JG, and the splitting of the boards does not affect this thread in anyway, there is absolutly NO reason to need to repost it. Especially since I knew nothing about it. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know. :)

22. Tara

May 4, 2002
    Teoni[/i]

I am overjoyed to be among soooo many like-minded, diehard H/L fans. Think I'm gonna like it here We gotta stick together & represent. There should be a link to this thread in other prominent H/L threads, like "The Han & Leia Thread Strikes Back." I wouldn't have found this thread w/out the Empress' assistance.

Hi Teoni! Welcome here! Always nice to meet another H/L fan.

That's a good idea, I'll post the new link in the H/L Clubhouse and other prominent H/L threads! There are SO MANY of them! :)

For all you H/L fans, if you like discussing Han and Leia in the EU books, the Han & Leia thread Strikes Back in Literature is a GREAT place.

As far as names go, I kinda like the "Cloud City Café." I know it's got a lot of resonance for H/L, more negative than positive, but it is an attractive, resort-type place. Or, maybe, along Tara's lines, the ?Corphelion Stars Café?? Perhaps even the ?Shooting Stars Café.?

Cafes is good, I love cafes! :D I like all three of the names you suggested, my top choice would be Corphelion Stars Cafe. It just sounds cool :cool:

This thread should be the one-stop shopping place for all written H/L fanfic regardless of type or length, since it would make getting one's H/L fanfic fix sooo much easier *ahhhh!* *Gotta scratch my H/L itch!!* Takes much too long to browse through the current active fanfic threads, and I must admit I was deeply discouraged at the paucity of H/L generally on the boards, fanfic in particular Thank the Force you guys are bucking that trend! There can never be enough good H/L fanfic. Jmo.

It WILL be so much more convient to have everthing in one place, so we don't have to hunt around! :)

If you do like H/L fanfic, my link (in my sig) is ALL H/L fanfic, just to shamelessly plug myself! ;)

Tara: If I remember correctly is the fanfiction boards that are getting split, not the fanfiction writers resource. So why is this thread getting restarted?

Hi Princess1!

I think I talked to you about this over PMs, but just so everyone else knows, we wanted to put the links to all the H/L fics on the first post, as the L/M fanfic thread does, and only the gracious LadyPadme (and when she's on vacation, me) says she would have time to do that. :)

Welcome crystal rain!

So you'd reccomend Tatooine Ghost? I haven't got it yet, but I'm thinking of buying it. Do you think that Han and Leia are in character well? Do they argue? Is there mush? I'd just like to say that I love Han/Leia. I'll definatly be revisiting this thread.

I would definitely recommend it. It's by far the best EU book in regards to Han and Leia. They're *gasp* together for the most of it, they act like a real married couple, and their characterizations are dead on, in my opinion!

There's a good mix of banter, flirting, mush, and some serious passion between them!

I havn't read Tatioone Ghost yet either, I ordered it off Barnes and Noble.com and am waiting. I HATE how slow the post office is!

Good luck! Let us know when you find it!:)

23. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Hi Teoni! Glad you found the place :).

Just to clarify, since Princess1 was concerned about this in the ?split? thread, the WR will not be affected by the board split. Of course a bunch of new topics will be added, but other than that, it will remain the same. You will not have to move this thread because of this change. However, as I?ve read, starting up a new thread and putting H/L story links on the first page is a brilliant idea. Could we also have people reviewing a story like other indexes often do?

I know I would be willing to pitch in a hand.

Am [face_love]

24. Tara

May 4, 2002
    Hi Amidala_Skywalker! Nice to see you here! :)

However, as I?ve read, starting up a new thread and putting H/L story links on the first page is a brilliant idea.

Thanks for the support! I think it would be much easier to have all the links on the first post for regular users. We could definitely link back to the old thread for reference, of course!

Could we also have people reviewing a story like other indexes often do?

I like that idea! :D

I also was suggesting to other H/L writers "Fic challenges" like once a month. You know, something like the OZ where they have "Write a fic with the following five items somewhere in it." Or "Write a fic about Han's reaction to Leia's pregnancy." That could be lots of fun! :D And it's a great way to cure writer's block!

25. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Hi, Tara! If you need a mod for anything, I?m your cursor ;). Being a devoted H/L fan myself, I love to help this genre out whenever applicable.

The ?Fic Challenges? sound wonderful. At the moment I?m stumped for ideas, and have DWB (Darth Writer?s Block), so that would surely help.

Am [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.