main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han and Leia's Club House

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Leela, Sep 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    No SBS south of the equator??

Au contraire, mon frere (Please tell me I am not the only one old enough to remember that quote)

Think again...that other Aussie hooligan already has her grubby mitts on it. No word what she thinks of it yet.

As for me, I've been wayyyyyyyyyyy to busy at work to read any substantial part of it yet. But from what I've seen thus far, I actually like the book. The style of writing is good, and I think Denning (woo hoo, fellow cheesehead per his bio!!)really does a good job of bringing and older Han and Leia to life. Yes, I would have liked more romance between them. But hey, they are definitely working together as a team, and that is more than many of the previous books did. To me, I'd take them teaming up any day to sending them to opposite ends of the galaxy only to get a two page "reunion" at the end.

Birk

2. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Wicked Game? LOL! That's too funny. I posted that song back in one of Dant Solo's H/L fanfic threads as I thought it fit the story and H/L in general. :D

Speaking of which... I filked another song recently... it's all Han about Leia. [face_love] To the oldies song Down in the Boondocks. :D
    Out in the Streets

For SbS, I'm about 1/2 way done. Won't be online again tonight, but I won't have time to read tonight as I'm attending a late Halloween party with some friends who are home from college. :D

~*~Bria

3. Leela

Leela Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    I have SBS, but only because my fanboy husband works in a Comic shop which imports stuff from the US. It won't be out in the general shops here for at least another week.

I'm still slogging through it... And Ms Blue, you know you can have it after me! ;)

That was a great song btw!

Nice job with the icons, Bria. The one of Han on the blue background is one of my favorite pics [face_love] and I like the Mark, Harry and Carrie pics too!

4. sweetheart

sweetheart Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Wow, birkendoc liking an EU book...this is such a rare event we should throw a party :D

Yeah, there's such a positive reaction to them teaming up you'd think Bantam would've thought of it YEARS ago! :p Oh well, hopefully they'll be together for the rest of the NJO :)

5. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Geez sweetheart! I'm still struggling to get through SbS the first time and you're already half-way through the second. I must really be a slow reader. Should be able to finish it tonight though. :)

6. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    I haven't even started SbS yet. I just don't want to read it really. I've skimmed through and read the good parts, but I just don't want to read about more death and destruction. I'll get around to it eventually I guess.

7. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Thanks, Leela. :) I think all of Carrie's turned out well and the blue Harrison (second icon) and mauve Mark (7th in row) were the best of the HF and MH rows.

Oh, while I'm thinking of it.... did anybody who saw Monsters Inc realize that Frank Oz was the voice of Fungus? :)

Haven't gotten as much read in SbS since most of the week I was up late studying and reading it and had sleep to catch up on. But I'm off to read some more of it. :D

~*~Bria

8. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    It's a better read the second time around Sologal, at least it was for me. I wasn't dreading the death during the whole first part the way I was the first time. Also, I notice the second time there's a lot more H/L time than the other characters except the Solo kids :)

9. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    The amount of screen time that Han and Leia had in SBS really surprised me too. From what Shelly Shapiro had said I thought it was going to be a lot less. The best part, they are together nearly the whole time and the interaction is written very well. I just really hate the spoiler event and all of the death/destruction that takes place in this book.

10. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    I'm planning on rereading it again too, sweetheart. I didn't think I'd want to, but like you, I was dreading the death scene so much that I'm sure I missed a lot of stuff. Maybe I'll just skip over the parts I really found offensive the second time around.

11. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    I was surprised as well by how much of Han and Leia was in it. The way Ms. Shapiro talked, it sounded like there wouldn't be as much of them as there was in Rebirth. I'm particularly pleased that they were together for nearly the entire book and I thought their characterizations were spot on. :)

12. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    I wrote to Ms. Shapiro, and if anyone wants to see her reply, feel free to PM me :)

I was surprised at the amount of screen time they got too; I was expecting this book to be all about the kids. It sounds like DR is trying very hard to balance the Solo kids and the adults, both with Rebirth, SBS, and the upcoming two paperbacks.

I would have liked more romance, but I liked their interaction and characterizations for the most part.

13. Ginger

Jan 27, 2001
    I've haven't been able to get on the forums at the official site for a couple of days. Is anyone else having trouble or is it just me?

14. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    I just got in. I think they were down for a bit over the weekend.

15. SuperFilly

SuperFilly Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2001
    Just a second- how old are the twins and Anakin (or whoever is still alive) in SbS? And is Jaina with Zekk? Or Jagged Fel? Or who? And Jacen?

Sorry- just random info for my story until I read the rest of the NJO books, and the rest of the Zahn trilogy, and Postcards from the Edge...

*SuperFilly*

16. Bria

May 15, 1999
    I'm not yet finished with SbS (stupid school work :mad:), but as far as I know, Jaina and Zekk are not an item. Jacen is still good friends with Tenel Ka, but I think that's about it.

Do remember though, I'm not done yet though, so the above could change. ;)

~*~Bria

17. Ginger

Jan 27, 2001
    I think that the twins are 19 and Anakin is 17. Jaina realizes that she doesn't have a crush on Zekk anymore. Jagged Fel hasn't shown up again but it's rumored that he will be in future books. There's still a possible pairing of Jacen and Tenel Ka, they seemed pretty close in SBS.

I still can't get into TOS. I think it's been since Friday or Saturday that I've been able to even pull up the site. Maybe I just keep catching them at a bad time.

18. Ginger

Jan 27, 2001
    Something of interest, according to Elaine Cunningham Dark Journey takes place right after SBS without any gap in time.

19. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    spoiler for SBS

I suppose that would make the most sense, since it would show Jaina's immediate reaction to her brother's death and how she goes over to the Dark Side. Jacen should be dealt with too, presumemly.

If Allston's books taking place right after too then, we should see Han and Leia's dealing with it. This is going to be depressing, I can tell.

20. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    Thanks for that tidbit of information Ginger. :)

Has it been announced officially that Dark Journey and Rebel Dream run concurrently? I know the little synopsis for each book makes it sound that way, but I've never read anything official and wondered if anybody else has. :)

21. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    I think it was announced officially Sologal, although I can't remember where :)

22. Bria

May 15, 1999
    TOS?

My guess is the server is being overwhelmed at the moment. :D

Can't imagine why. ;)

~*~Bria

23. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    So has everyone finished reading SBS, do we still need spoiler space?

24. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    For the record, Jaina and Zekk are not going to be an item (thankfully). Instead, Jag is going to be back in DJ and other Jaina fans and I are speculating that he'll be the one to help her return to the light side in the end.

25. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    Actually, I rather like Zekk and was sort of hoping he and Jaina would continue to be an item. Something about him reminds me of Han.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.