main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han and Leia's Club House

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Leela, Sep 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetheart

sweetheart Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    I want Jaina and Jag together.

At least one of the Solo kids has to pair up with a non Jedi. I'm tired of the idea only Jedi and Jedi can have good relationships.

2. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Sologal, I'm with you. I liked Zekk. Not sure if I want him and Jaina together, but I liked him. :) In many ways, he's like Kyp, only when he returned, he meant it. He didn't keep flirting with the Dark Side as Kyp continues to do.

Spoiler space... I'd say yes since not everyone is done. Thankfully I already knew of what Adi was talking about....

~*~Bria

3. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    Ok we'll use spoiler space. Or hidden text. What's the colour for it?

4. Bria

May 15, 1999
    seashell, but it doesn't hide like it used to. I think that was for the old color (before they went to blue), because when I used it the other day, I could still totally read what I had written (though it wasn't as easy to see as black text). :p

and color is COLOR. ;) Code won't work if you don't spell it that way. :p

:D

~*~Bria

5. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Sorry for not using spoiler space. I thought everyone pretty much knew that anyway.

But I definately like Jaina getting together with a non-Jedi.

6. Bria

May 15, 1999
    I would think so, but better safe than sorry, IMHO. :D

~*~Bria

7. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    Hmph, so the boards are prejudice against Canadians ;)

8. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Ok. Let's start a discussion here about SbS.

How has H/L's relationship changed from Rebirth to SbS? Or even how has it changed from before the NJO to now?

9. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Actually, sweetheart, HTML in general is coded the correct way. ;)

Hmm... well for most of the NJO, Han and Leia's marriage went down the garbage shut. Rebirth was a step in the right direction, and so far I like what I'm seeing in SBS. :)

~*~Bria

10. CorellianBlue

CorellianBlue Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2001
    Has everyone read SBS yet?

Heck -- it ain't even officially released down here in Oz. Remember, Leela only has it cos she's got an advanced import copy off her fanboy husband.

Has everyone seen the Breathing trailer yet?

No! Monsters Inc hasn't been released in Oz either!! And who knows if the trailer will be on then or with Harry Potter (which isn't out until the end of the month).

Shheeeessh! Will you guys just slow down and gives some of us a chance to catch up?? ;)

And COLOUR is spelt with a 'U'!!!

11. CorellianBlue

CorellianBlue Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2001

....on another more 'friendly' note, the Melbourne Cup was run in Australia today -- perhaps the only horse race in the world that literally stops a nation. (Melbourne even have a public holiday -- yes, for a horse race!)

Anyway, one of the starters was a New Zealand horse by the great name:
    MAYTHEHORSEBEWITHU.

No, it didn't win, but it's a great name. :)

12. Leela

Leela Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    HAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! [face_laugh]

And here I am in MELBOURNE, luxuriating in my Melbourne Cup Day Holiday, (lazing around dozing and reading SBS), and it takes a post from an Auzzie 400 miles away to alert me to the fact that there was a horse running - in MY city - with such a great name! LOL! Man, if I'd known I may well have been tempted to waste a dollar betting on the thing!

13. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    I see your point about Jaina pairing with a non Jedi. I hadn't really thought of that. I've just always liked the character of Zekk and I know nothing about Jag.

The code for hidden text is EEE4E4. I don't know what the color name is but the code number works just as well.

How has Han and Leia's relationship changed? I'm not sure this would be considered spoiler material but I'll go ahead and hide the text. Highlight to read.

[color=EEE4E4]I didn't see a lot of change between Rebirth and SbS. They seemed pretty much back to normal in Rebirth but with maybe a little bit of residual tension. If there was any change at all, I'd say by SbS they were feeling more confident and comfortable with each other. As for how their relationship has changed since before the NJO, I'd have to say they've probably grown much closer. Without Chewie to confide in, Han is now more likely to turn to Leia and I can see this only strengthening their bond. And after coming so close to losing one another, Leia to Han's estrangement and Han to Leia's near fatal injuries, they've come to realize how important each is to the other and how much they truely love one another. Hence Han's vow.[/color]

14. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    My site's back up for anyone who couldn't get in last week hansoloandtheprincess. No more ads at my new domain. Watch for falling links though, I'm still working on it.

[color=EEE4E4]

Good question Adi. I'd say Keyes writes them more romantically overall, but that's just a difference in writers. There was still a bit of tension in Rebirth, at the very beginning, but in SBS the only tension I saw between them had to do with all the horrible circumstances they were in, not in their marriage. They also seem more attuned to each other in SBS, in Rebirth Leia seemed to be trying to adjust to her new position as Han's co-pilot, while in SBS it's a regular thing now.

I loved Leia's thoughts that her and Han were closer now than they had been before, because I always felt like the way the estrangement was written, it undermined their relationship rather than strengthened it. Even though I still think the estrangement was written badly, at least we know the outcome and effects of it, and they're not all bad :)

[/color]

15. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    For some evil reason, the link I gave doesn't work, so just copy and paste

www.hansoloandtheprincess.com

16. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    I thought that their relationship appeared to be very strong in Vector Prime. Then it took a sudden turn for the worse. For the rest of story I agree with what Sologal said.

17. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    Must have been a busy day for everyone yesterday. I don't have much to say at the moment, just thought I'd give this thread an up. :)

18. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    Spoiler space . . .

I've been thinking, do you suppose it's possible that "Jimmy" may still be alive? I've lurked around other threads and I've read some plausiable ideas as to how he could survive. Add to that the fact that Dark Journey picks up immediately after SbS, and Jaina did retrieve his body, it just makes me wonder. ?[face_plain]

19. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    spoiler space...

I thought SBS made it pretty obvious he was dead. But then Buffy brought Buffy back after she died so you never know...Personally, I think that would be really cruel of DR to jerk us around like that.

I hope Jaina resolves her "Dark Side" issues by the end of her book and Jacen escapes in DJ. The last thing Han and Leia need is another drawn-out painful experience.

20. Ginger

Jan 27, 2001
    SBS Spoiler

I was hoping that Anakin wasn't really dead but now I've accepted it. I think that he is really gone.

21. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    This is no Deli. But it'll do.

BTW, my story Eart 1939 has a new chapter. Yep, I've picked it up again with prodding from my friends.

Ya know, I thought about it, and I'm dedicated to my ER forum, WHY can't I be to my SW forum? Alright, so I'll try. I mean, I'm not sure if I'll be able to, but I'll TRY!!! I'm trying to read the NJO, because I haven't yet. But I don't know what order they go in so... could someone make me a list? Yeah, I'm waiting. Where ARE you.

-Sj

22. sweetheart

Jan 19, 2001
    Welcome solojones! Good to see you.

Okay, I'm ALMOST done with my new design. Then I can finally update with like the 50 fics I'm supposed to post. I've redone all the pages but fanfic. They're taking me the longest....

Will some people here give me opinions? What do you think of this splash page (you have to copy and paste)

http://www.hansoloandtheprincess.com/splash.html

23. Leela

Leela Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Solojones! Good to see you here! :)

Sweetheart, what's a splash page? I got a page with colour-separated H&Ls across the top. Is this right?

24. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    Hey Solojones! Long time no see! Welcome. :)

I'm not sure what a splash page is sweetheart, but what I got was pretty. :)

SbS spoilers . . .

I think I've pretty much accepted that Anakin is not coming back. At first I wanted him to, but now that I'm used to the idea it doesn't seem so hard to take.

25. Ginger

Jan 27, 2001
    I'm no longer in denial either, I've accepted the SBS spoiler.

Solojones, the list of books are as follows:

1. Vector Prime by R. A. Salavore
    2. Dark Tide I: Onslaught by Michael Stackpole.
    3. Dark Tide II: Ruin by Michael Stackpole
    4. Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial by James Luceno
    5. Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse by James Luceno
    6. Balance Point by Kathy Tyers
    7. Edge of Victory: Conquest by Greg Keyes
    8. Edge of Victory: Rebirth by Greg Keyes
    9. Star by Star by Troy Denning

Coming soon,

10. Dark Journey by Elaine Cunningham
    11. Rebel Dream by Aaron Allston

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.