main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Han and Leia's relationship in EVII

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by DV75, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Hilarious? You're lucky. My parents seldom argue but they're real scathing. I'd love them to be humorous instead.

2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    To me, SW has always been escapism, a fairy tale in a sci-fi setting. In fairy tales, the hero and the princess live happily ever after. Divorcing Han and Leia would be too depressingly real-world for my taste. I have no problem with them struggling to keep their marriage together, but I don't want either one to give up on the other. They've been through too much together to walk away now, and they're not quitters.

If they're divorced but end up getting back together, I could live with that, but it's not what I'm hoping to watch in the ST. Han and Leia have had their courtship. Let's see something else from them.

I can see Han as the coolest granddad ever, holding kids in his lap and letting them steer the Falcon.

iluvkoalas likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Not getting into it but my kids have seen the "scathing" arguments. :( I'm thankful that with my parents it's funny and settled quickly.

Anyway, as far as fairy tales, I've outgrown "happily ever after." It seems less like escapism than a bull**** lie told to children.

Han and Leia seemed to work things out in the NJO, which is good, but they had enough tension to keep it from being stupidly unrealistic too.

4. maychild

maychild Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2013
    As much as I loathed their separation and how it was handled, I did like that they worked things out. It would have been nice to see them get credit for it in the books themselves, though.

I don't believe in "happily ever after" either. I would look askance at a couple that had no conflicts whatsoever...I'd say that one or both of them was in extreme denial. But, plenty of couples have worked through their problems and stayed together for the long haul, without separating.

5. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    anyone else think they might be in Owen and Beru situation, except living in a palace rather than holesin the ground

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    ... and Luke is still the brunt of overburdening parenting. Han gets to tell 70-year old Luke that he can waste time with his friends after his chores are done.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    i meant with their own kids not Luke, Luke will be a hermit somewhere if we get the mirroring thing

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    If by Owen and Beru you mean ending up as charred remains I certainly hope not.

9. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    iguess i mean bringing up the next potential saviour

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Well, I definitely think they'll be the parents of at least one of the main characters. Personally I do believe their child will be the main protagonist but it's anyone's guess at this point. However, I wouldn't really compare them with the Larses because I think their roles will be significantly larger.

11. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
  12. JStepp

JStepp Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 10, 2011
    Personally I hope that Han and Luke are together they would make a cute old couple. [face_dancing]

iluvkoalas likes this.
  13. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Know what I could imagine? A very "Incredibles" kind of dynamic between them--in the sense that, hey, the adventures are over. Life is kinda....meh. But they still love each other and all that. Then Episode VII drama comes along and it's time to dust off the old "Rebellion-era" attitudes, and hey! Suddenly that old spark is back.

Of course, I see it as "Incredibles" but with a bit more bickering. They definitely seem like the kind of couple that would continue to exasperate each other and their "banter" from earlier years could easily morph into that.

I don't know. In any case, I'd like them to still be together.

14. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    In keeping with the fact that all characters in the Star Wars universe are related, they will find out that they are actually 1st cousins and will be really grossed out.

15. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I want to see the same old comedy relief between the two. Whether it be plain old arguing over Han's tactics, or maybe another love triangle concerning a new character that makes Han jealous, it's a must that they fight like they always had.