main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Han Solo #1-5 (5/5 released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bsmith7174, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Yep. Maul taking over Black Sun, which is run by a board of Falleen all dressed pretty much like Xizor.
    [​IMG]

2. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    What better way to make sure Maul doesn't kill the right Falleen by having an entire group dressed like him just so he'd have someone to kill and assume he's seized control after all before TPM Maul did pretty much the same thing except back then the leader was a force sensitive who went rogue...

3. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Absolutely phenomenal issue, loved every panel! The art is gorgeous, definitely the best looking SW comic by Marvel so far, and even among SW comics in general. Excellent way to build the tension and intrigue, can't wait to find out what happens next. And I cannot praise enough the alien diversity we got in this issue alone! We got OT aliens, PT, TCW, TFA, Legends and even some brand new aliens that haven't appeared anywhere else before...or at least not that I'm aware of.

Overall, A+ issue.

BigAl6ft6 and Giovs like this.
  4. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    The prerelease overall consensus on the comic was 'ho hum'?

5. SabineFett

SabineFett Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 17, 2014
    Anyone know who the side shave Bounty Hunter girl is? The wiki doesn't list her in character appearances.

6. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    So has Issue 2 been released yet?

7. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    One thing I'm confused about is the whole spy infrastructure of the rebellion. Last issue the rebel dude said something on the lines of "over the years we've gathered a wide array of informants with one mission, now they're all being murdered"

Soooooo does that mean ALL but three of the rebellions spies are dead. Or where the informants the guys was talking about different to say the spy network on coruscant?

8. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    That's why they needed to eventually contract with the Bothans, I guess :p

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yes. We try to keep the title thread updated with the release progress. 2/5 issues are out in this case.

10. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006

Quite possibly for the same reason the First Order was able to keep tabs on Poe even though it should have been obvious by that point that if they were keeping that close an eye on him they should have sent anybody else!

Is there some connection between the race and the rebel spy network?
    Because that would explain the surprise attempt to wipe them all out!

11. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Finally read this issue, now that was a clever ploy!
    Typical you'd think the Empire would have the smarts to just watch the race and then spring their ambush at the end not at the end of the first day of the race!

Anyone know what those orbs are?
    If this was Orin Legend of the Starchaser those might be Force Ghosts but who knows!

12. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Loving this series. The art is amazing, the alien diversity is great, and the racers are all pretty cool characters.

I like the look of the bounty hunter who tries to take Bot. Was she using a slugthrower as well? Pretty neat.

I'm positive this is just one spy ring with a specific mission. They've got the information, but now they are all being murdered trying to get it to the Alliance. If all but three of the Rebels spies were dead and their identities were known by the Empire, the Alliance would be screwed.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  13. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    Overall good issue.. Love the drawings and the visuals.. And the tempo of action at the beginning.. good job!

14. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    Not quite as strong as the first issue, but still great. Chewie is having some nice moments in this series so far, it's impressive that he continued the mission after Han got distracted. The new bounty hunter women is cool looking too.

15. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    The bit I was surprised about was that the
    Imperial Officer only confronted Han whilst the others discovered why getting in front of an annoyed Wookie is a REALLY bad idea!

Loved that they really didn't like their race being interrupted!

vncredleader likes this.
  16. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    If only there was a thread with the weekly releases listed accurately......

17. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Or someone posting when a new issue was released?

Still for a short series I rate this higher than Poe's but that's probably because they don't want to reveal anything not already known which is particularly frustrating as I'd have loved a comic based version of Bloodlines!

18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Han talked to a Dug! I hadn't seen that before!

19. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    This may be the best new canon Star Wars comic so far. It is working on every level, distinct Han feeling, great consistent art throughout, dynamic action, lots of spaceships, interesting new characters, a nice air of mystery, a really nice way of bringing both the Rebels and Imperials into the story, mix of both classic aliens and new TFA aliens, and it's just fun.

My only complaints are that the next issue cannot come out fast enough and the cover art on the first issue that I have which I may 'replace' by getting a more expensive variant (Celebration Europe has an exclusive).

Senpezeco likes this.
  20. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I think between this comic and Life Debt it's pretty much confirmed for me that Han in nucanon will never be as badass as he was in legends. It just seems that he's constantly getting captured or one upped (usually by Leia) in canon nowadays. I have zero faith in Han actually winning the dragon void run, my moneys on the twi lek girls because......well they're girls

21. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Old Canon Han got captured all the time. Heck one of the most iconic bits of Star Wars imagery is him being turned into a statue.

22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Everyone gets captured all the time. It's freakin' Star Wars. If a Star Wars protagonist isn't currently doing dering then they're captured so the bad guy can monologue.

23. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Its only the second issue of five, Han will break out or something. This comic is a way better portrayal of Han than the main Star Wars series (where he's just comic relief... or a hostage or something like that?).

Though Han might win, but he will never get enough money to pay off Jabba, he'll never really walk away from the Rebellion, but at least they have the personality down. That's why I wish we weren't stuck with so many stories set post-Yavin, but that's always been the most popular era.

CnlSandersdeKFC likes this.
  24. Darth_SHOT

Darth_SHOT Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 11, 2004
    Hey did anyone notice the freaking Mynock (the ship not the creature) on the first issue?

Also points for putting a cellegian in the background with all those aliens.

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

25. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I love how many aliens and ships are in this series. The callbacks in this book are fantastic. This is the kind of star wars book I would have expected dark horse to make. something that uses a popular character but is not gonna relive their greatest hits but rather give us something new the the universe with lots of classic races and ships to make it feel grounded in the GFFA.