main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Han Solo (Harrison Ford) in Episodes VIII & IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by BigAl6ft6, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Unless Blake Edwards is not dead and still alive and directs a SW movie ...
    Han is dead. Is he?
    [​IMG]

2. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    Well, that is an important distinction that you make, being 'fair' to the actors versus what is best for the franchise moving forward. I guess what I am trying to say is that the sword cuts both ways; not only might having Ford back undercut the new cast, but it might also hurt the viability of the cast moving forward into other projects and that hurts Disney just as much, if you believe that this film is a back-door way to rebooting the franchise for future Solo/Skywalker stories.

At the end of the day, I guess I would a agree that a quick Ford cameo would be a way to 'pass the torch' but I can't help feeling it would cheapen the impact of Solo's farewell in TFA. Maybe seeing him one last time in a happy moment would be better closure.

3. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Man Chill out.

That he is the one and only Han Solo.

The quote "I used to be" struck me as very curious response.

Han has changed.

He now views the Force as REAL.

As you know "The Force resides in all living things" - Obi-Wan.

This fella died on screen and also fell down a deep hole:

[​IMG]

4. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 2016

I am chilled. I just didn't know what you were seeing in it.

I still don't.

5. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    I hope he gets a funeral to remember.

Baron_Papanerd and Wildcatbarry like this.
  6. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    There not much rumor of a Han funeral or a Lament to Han since his body may not have been recovered. (or was it?)

Seems fishy.

There was possibly fake leaked trailer description that showed up a few weeks ago.

Here is some discussion from another thread.

7. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    Being 'fair' on the new cast... well, if it weren't for Harrison Ford they wouldn't even be making the Solo movie. Also, the ST wouldn't have had that true connective feel to the OT. He made TFA the real deal! Would still have been cool without him, but it would have needed something pretty special to replace having Han there front and centre.

Baron_Papanerd and Wildcatbarry like this.
  8. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    So... no new rumours on a Han funeral or memorial? Sad.

9. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Did like everybody know who Han Solo was though??

10. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I think most folk would know who the Bosses hubby was.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  11. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    If Finn as a much younger stormtrooper Knew of Han Solo the General, then yes I'd say Han's name and accomplishments with regards to the Rebellion and the destruction of the Death Stars got around quite a bit. I'm sure he was a hero to many people in the years and even decades after Endor. Certainly he was worthy of some kind of memorial service or parade on a Republic/Rebellion-centric planet or on his home planet of Corellia, but whether we will get a glimpse of that in TLJ, I'm doubtful. Somehow I think we'll just get a mention of Han by either Luke or Leia in TLJ. In 9, I hope we see Han in a Force vision that Kylo has. Of course, with the way TLJ may be set up, and it taking place right after TFA, perhaps we will get a glimpse of a Han memorial in the ending montage of the movie. Seems there's little time for reflecting back in that way at any other point in Ep. 8...

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  12. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I still hope Han Solo cameos in this and the next film.

Since TFA was the 1st film to allow a force vision flashback, I wonder if films will go beyond that with regular flashbacks. In the trailer we already saw Luke near a burning building (likely the academy).

With the techniques that already exist for deaging actors, I think Harrison Ford should return to a flashback with Ben and Leia. See them as a happy family.

Their is also the possibility we could see a dream sequence/hallucination of Han. Such as Kylo talking to "Han", who represents his conscience/inner light.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  13. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    This is what I see them doing with Ford, but probably in 9...Kylo has some kind of vision/nightmare/flashback to mirror Rey's Force vision from TFA, and in his mind one of the scenes he flashes back to is of himself as a young boy (maybe between 5-9 yrs old), and Han and Leia are there, seen briefly as their younger selves (think: Jyn's dream of being a child on Coruscant), looking more similar to how they did in ROTJ. Then a glimpse of Kylo killing his father to end the vision, so maybe we see Han's death from another angle or outtake footage from TFA here too.

Of course I'd love it if Han had recorded some kind of message to Luke during the time Luke had vanished, and Chewie plays it for Luke on the Falcon in TLJ. Just Ford's voice in new VO recorded for TLJ.

14. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Good idea. A hologram form of ones last letter.

I disliked how we never got to see Han Solo share a scene with Luke in TFA, so Luke listening to holo Han or see a flashback with both of them together is the next best thing.

JediLight and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  15. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Happy Birthday Harrison![face_party]

16. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Seconded. Harrison has always been a hero of mine since I've been young.

B99 likes this.
  17. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    My all time favorite actor!

18. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
  19. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Happy birthday, Mr. Ford!

20. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I don't see Harrison Ford willingly returning to the series after his time is finished. He said before 2012 that he'd never reprise the role of Han Solo and indicated over time that he was glad to put the series behind him.
    Unlike most of his costars, Harrison Ford never attended conventions and did no publicity other than what he was required to do. I don't even think he went to the 1997 Special Edition Premiere.
    I know he went to Celebration 2017, but I think that he was mostly there as a tribute to Carrie Fisher.
    "No, I got paid." I forget the source but he definitely said that when asked if he got emotional putting on the Han Solo costume.

But let's say he did return again by some miracle. I dont think we'll be seeing the dead body, since it was likely destroyed along with Starkiller base. I think the most likely way we'll see Han is in the Netherworld of the Force or in a flashback.

Iron_lord likes this.
  21. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    If they give him a million dollars for a V/O or Hologram message appearance to Luke, he'd do it. They probably don't need Ford physically for a brief flashback or Force vision scene that Kylo may have. There's enough footage and technique to cobble that together with CG and clever staging.

22. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    I'll never forget the most brave thing Ford made
    [​IMG]

23. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill are immortals.
    [​IMG]
    @extratv: Chatting #BladeRunner2049 with Harrison Ford! (He says the stunts are still easy!)b

Demsa Aztor likes this.
  24. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    https://www.gq.com/story/harrison-ford-gq-cover-story-2017

When it comes to 'Star Wars', given the nature of science fiction, are you absolutely, incontrovertibly—
    “Dead?”
    —finished with ‘Star Wars'?
    “Um, I mean, I'm finished with Star Wars if Star Wars is finished with me.”
    And if 'Star Wars' isn't finished with you?
    “I can't imagine it. But it is science fiction.”
    He pauses and considers what he has just said, maybe realizing that he is leaving the door a little further ajar than he means to.
    “I'd rather not,” he concludes. “You know, at this point I'd rather do something else. Just because it's more interesting to do something new.”

I suppose it's possible but highly, highly doubtful. Although he always seems to leave the door open when asked that question.

I noticed in the book Leia: Princess of Alderaan

her mother had a terrible accident and has a mechanical heart and lungs and it's emphasized often. Again, I don't think it's even remotely possible that Han survived that and I don't think if he does it would be good for the story and whoever went there would be ripped to shreds (presumably jj - who has a great relationship with HF) but it could help to fill in the void of Carrie's absence in the predicted story of Kylo's redemption. Just spitballing here. [/SPOILERS]

Darth Nikean likes this.
  25. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Normally I'd be for that, but it seems too cruel to bring Han back just as Leia presumably dies or is off screen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.