main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Han Solo in Episode 9

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by GoJohnnyGo, Dec 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Obi-Han?

I'm down with it.

2. jofos

jofos Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 25, 2015
    If bring back Han is horrible story telling then its a good chance it will happen.

Bad Cane and rebelknight1 like this.
  3. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    In a flashback form? Sure. Is there enough money in the world to convince Harrison to even do flashbacks? I'm not sure.

4. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    I could see him having a change of heart if they asked him for help with some kind of screen time with Carrie passing.

5. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I don't think Ford needs a change of heart to make a cameo in Episode 9. He needs money. Give him $2 million. A million dollars a day to film for two days, some kind of dream/nightmare sequence that Kylo has of his father. Film something new in the Falcon with Ford and Driver together. De-age Ford and make Driver look young, maybe the moment Han drops him off to Luke's academy? Then use alternate footage of Han's death scene and maybe the cut footage of Kylo on the Falcon in TFA to end the dream. Kylo wakes up freaked out.

Luke did tell Kylo that Kylo's father would always be with him...So, let's see that play out and how it affects him.

Honestly, without Fisher really in the movie, it would be heartwarming to have Ford back, even as a brief cameo. As silly as it sounds, a set photo of Ford and Hamill would be wonderful.

I think it would be neat to start the film inside Kylo's dream, so the pan down from the crawl is to the Falcon zooming past. Cut inside the falcon and it's younger Han and Ben Solo! That would blow minds. Then after the dream Kylo wakes up and the film really kicks in. Some kind of FO assault is underway...

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    TadoFett, rebelknight1 and NileQT87 like this.
  6. Jamtia

Apr 5, 2016
    That would work seeing as we don’t get to see a flashback of Han and Luke in TLJ. I feel like 9 should be a big fan service, see a lot of cameos and planets we knew, especially if you are tying the saga? Go out with a bang, and bring the OGs back one more time. I wouldn’t be saying this if Carrie was still here.

TadoFett likes this.
  7. yanote

yanote Jedi Knight star 2

May 1, 2016
    They can easily bring back Luke or even Anakin. No need to waste millions on a 10 seconds Solo scene.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  8. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    [​IMG]

Django Fett likes this.
  9. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    You could have a sequence where Han seemingly appears to Ben, after a brief conversation it is revealed that it is the Dark Side of the Force really speaking to Ben just as it spoke to him as Vader before.

10. Jamtia

Apr 5, 2016
    I could see that. Luke hinted at it. I think the dark side of the force can provoke him making Ben go even crazier.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    What we'll find out in IX is that while falling down the endless chasm Han's jacket got snagged on a protruding pipe which saved him from certain death. He then swung himself into a garbage chute and rode it all the way down like a slide. He then found himself in the First Order trash disposal system which is regularly ejected out into space. Han had just enough time to climb into an old refrigerator before everything was ejected into space around the planet. It was at this moment that the planet exploded and the Resistance were flying away. The refrigerator that carried the still living Han Solo inside collided with the Falcon just as the ship went into hyperspace. This allowed the refrigerator to coast into hyperspace for just a few seconds which was enough time to travel to the nearest star system. The system was home to the best medical facility in the entire galaxy. It was renowned for being able to treat lightsaber wounds with relative ease. Unfortunately for Han before he could make it down to the planet his refrigerator was intercepted by a spaceship full of the worst pirates in the galaxy. Even more unfortunately Han owed thousands of credits to the Captain of the pirates. However Han was able to make a deal with the pirate lord that allowed him to travel down to the planet to receive the care he needed. His chest wound was fixed up in no time. Unfortunately he developed a mild cold during his journey and while this hospital was renowned for treating lightsaber wounds it was completely rubbish at recognizing anything as common as the common cold. They misdiagnosed it as a rare case Corellian Yellow Fever and gave him an antibiotic that he was unfortunately allergic to. He died within an hour.

So no Han will not be in IX. :p

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  12. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Didn't, whilst he was falling, grab his whip and used it to catch onto some piping or other structure. He swings onto the sidewalk as John Williams brilliant theme tune kicks into full swing...oops wrong franchise.

Darth Nikean, 11-4D and oncafar like this.
  13. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    "Solo will always be with you"

[​IMG]

oncafar likes this.
  14. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    At this point I wouldn't mind if Han showed up and revealed he somehow hadn't been killed despite how that is pretty much impossible.

I would like FG Han maybe. Though I guess maybe Han would not like that, so maybe not.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  15. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Flashback scene only.

wobbits and themoth like this.
  16. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    I'll say this. If Disney thinks that bringing him back would make Ep9 more money, he'll be back.

17. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    And that's a great point @HankSolo ... Ford is money ha. The fact is a couple million for his salary for a cameo will result in more than a couple million in higher box office for sure. Even if they kept it a secret for the premiere. Once word got out then I think a Ford cameo would really help second weekend Box Office.

18. TheLateAdmiralPiett

TheLateAdmiralPiett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 1, 2004
    I would prefer that Han not come back in any way. Flashback or otherwise. His arc is done. What we're seeing now is how his death is directly affecting his son. That's enough.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  19. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    If they can digitally do it with Harrison, why would anyone be opposed to a flashback showing Han, Leia, and Luke with Baby Ben?

Imagine in their final duel, Rey somehow causes Ben to see the visions of his past that he has tried so hard to vanquish? That would be very powerful.

TadoFett likes this.
  20. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    Rumors are there will be a flashback to a young Kylo (either when he's first dropped off at Luke's school, or even younger Kylo and he's like demolished his room with the force)...both could call for seeing Han in the background. I'd be gutted if they just keep Han blurry or in shadows to avoid having to pay Ford. I mean, it's the last movie, and sure it's a cameo, but seeing that Ford is actually there goes a long long way IMO. Disney needs to pony up the cash for Ford to make a cameo in one new scene.

Cut footage from TFA and or CG could be used also if Kylo has some type of Force vision or nightmare about killing his father. And new VO with Ford could be done in 20 minutes from anywhere practically.

This is the final film of the saga. He's the main villain's father. I think actually seeing Han is pretty important.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    Wildcatbarry likes this.
  21. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    This. They've already undone enough. Luke's resistance to the Darkside, his redemption of Vader, the Rebel's victory over the Empire, Yoda's dramatic and beautiful sendoff in ROTJ...They don't need to have us all see Han again and undermine anything else.

wobbits likes this.
  22. CaptainCrunch2007

CaptainCrunch2007 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 10, 2007
    We see Han striding out of the fog during a battle between Rey a 0-nd Ren. He eyes up Ren who stops fighting and gasps This Solo is played by Harrison Ford except he has a goatee, which means . . .

Ren - "Dad?"
    Solo - "No I'm his evil cousin from the legends EU" goes into a long winded narrative "And then I woke up here and in my universe Ben is Skywalker's kid and Han has twins"

Ren looks at him like he's crazy and Rey takes advantage and runs through him with her light sabre"

Rey - "Hi Yah. Thanks Han"

He turns around and shoots her between the eyes"

Solo - "Evil"

23. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Flash back where Han is talking to Luke about not wanting Ben to start training ,

" Han and Luke together in the ST" the biggest missed opportunity in the history of cinema !!!

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  24. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    Harrison Ford isn't opposed to cameos. He did one as Indiana Jones in the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles years ago. A flashback with Leia, Luke and Han would be bittersweet, but potentially touching. Maybe dropping Kylo at Luke's academy?

25. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    This type of scene-as a flashback-would be the only way I'd be okay with seeing Han. Something involving Han sending his son off with Luke-maybe reluctantly, and Luke making promises to take care of him, etc. All that that would entail. But I'd still rather they leave Han alone.

I'm actually okay if we never see Han and Luke together in the ST. I could see the value of that to many fans, but I personally can think of many other things instead that would qualify in the category of "biggest missed opportunity." After all, Luke and Han didn't really have all that much screentime together in the OT either. Basically in about half of ANH, but in ESB they were only together at the very beginning, and in ROTJ-a bit more, but after rescuing him and leaving right away, mostly just at the middle before they finally reunited for the iris out. So IMO their screentime together in the ST (or lack thereof) is consistent with what we've always seen from them...

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.