main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Han Solo in Episode 9

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by GoJohnnyGo, Dec 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    IMHO - seeing Han walk around a corner as a FG would be akin to the 1st time I saw Yoda ignite his light saber in AotC.

2. Chewie's flea powder

Chewie's flea powder Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2015
    I don't see the point really. The writers went out of their way to paint Kylo as the opposite of Luke. I mean...Luke saved his father, Kylo killed his father. You can't possibly get more opposite than that. Han said he would do anything to help his son, and he got killed for it. Not much point in showing up after that. Kylo needs to die and I don't think either Luke or Han would disagree on that.

3. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    There would be no point other than to win back some fans... Maybe bring Holdo back also... Would give the can base a huge lift!

4. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    He could be in a dream.
    Making Ben feel a pang of guilt, or Leia feel a little sadness.

A 5 second cameo.

I suppose the movie could be all about the ghosts of the past, full of little memories of those who have fallen

5. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Luke's FG might take on the appearance of Han, might scare the **** out of Kylo.

6. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    There could be a scene or scenes set before the events of TFA, where Han might appear. Maybe with Kylo as a baby or a teenage boy, to show that he was troubled since childhood and perhaps create some sympathy for him from the audience.

GregMcP and teamhansolo like this.
  7. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    I would love that. :)

8. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    A good place for old stock footage of Carrie.

9. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    If they’ve been sitting on footage of a scene with Luke, Han and Leia onscreen together then I’d be interested in that but otherwise I’d prefer they leave him at rest.

10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Either they have some Ford TFA shot footage with Fisher and Hamill somewhere which would be awesome. I am also not opposed to Kylo going completely nutty. "I'll always be with you, just like your father." Han as a Force Ghost is a pass on that one, though. It'd be something like this

[​IMG]

Also option #3 is Han isn't dead, he caught a buzz droid and flew to safety and escaped SKB. Just took him about a week to catch up with everyone else. "I wasn't dead, you moof milkers!"

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    Wildcatbarry likes this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    What if Rey summons Han’s force ghost, and he starts where he left off in TFA, after Kylo killed him?

Han looks around, down at his chest, then shrugs and says:

“Boring conversation anyway.”

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    If they are going to have Han appear in any way to Ben it would have to be a dream sequence. I don't think it will happen because Harrison Ford costs $$$$$$$$$

Django Fett likes this.
  13. Scruffy nerf

Scruffy nerf Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2015
    I’m sure it was already talked about with Ford when negotiating The Force Awakens. I imagine there was always the intention of bringing him back for one scene in his glory. The last image of Han will never be him falling into an abyss. We’ll see a smiling Han at the end of the movie.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Even it is impossible, I wish I would have kept Han longer. He is by far the character that has aged the best among the OT cast.

I would have Rey train in the first movie with Luke, have him killed and then have Han and Leia for the other two movies.

15. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
  16. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    So the last guy we saw chopped in half and fall down a pit reappeared in the Han Solo movie? Any hint hint there... Han was stabbed at about the same place Maul was cut in half...

And ironically it was the Han Solo movie he came back in...

Could be more to it..

Darth Nikean and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  17. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Han will be in Episode 9. They've been playing a long con on the audience. Kylo Ren is a double agent. He didn't really kill Han. He and Han worked together to fake Han's death to trick Snoke. It was all part of a plan to make Snoke vulnerable to attack. Rey's in on it too. She's Han's daughter. Han knew that. Kylo knows Rey's his sister. They're all in on it. They had to keep all of this a secret because it turns out Luke and Leia have turned to the dark side and Han, Kylo, and Rey are planning to take them both out in the end.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    FG Luke, FG Leia and FG Han in council. (like the end of RotJ with Obi-Wan, Yoda and Anakin) What a great closing on the Skywalker saga that would be.

19. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    That would be a really confusing ending. They would have to explain when Han had Jedi training, and that would require some serious ret-conning.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. Scruffy nerf

Jul 11, 2015
    Wasn't the whole Force Ghost thing a throwaway line in one of the prequel things that most people wouldn't care about anyway. Star Wars through Return of the Jedi there isn't any mention of Force Ghosts, it's just the spirit of dead people appearing to their loved ones. I think they'll retain that, especially if it means having Harrison Ford appear (although briefly) in their movie.

21. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    Not Really. The broom boy in TLJ got no explaining.

22. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    I don't know about that. I remember even back in the 80s (before the prequels), pretty much everyone I knew understood that becoming a ghost was a something only a Jedi could do. The big hint was Obi-Wan saying he'd become "more powerful than you could possibly imagine," followed by him disappearing when he died, and then his voice immediately being heard to guide Luke. And then the only other ghosts we see are all force users. Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru never appeared to Luke.

I remember when TPM came out, people were initially surprised that Qui-Gon did not disappear when he died, since many of us believed that all Jedi disappeared upon death, and so we kept wondering when the prequels would explain that, and then we got the explanation (brief as it was) in ROTS.

So I think bringing in a Han Solo force ghost just for the sake of showing the character to fans again would be a mistake. If they manage to get Harrison Ford to agree to appear, then use him in a flashback or a hallucination, but not as a FG.

BigAl6ft6 and chrcharcor2 like this.
  23. Scruffy nerf

Jul 11, 2015
    but i think it means that sure jedi could do force ghosty things -but still people in this world are never really gone and live on. like only jedi experience life after death? I'm not familiar with the prequels - what do force ghosts do?

24. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Force ghosts mostly sit around eating biscuits, but pop up every quarter century or so to berate people.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    to be fair, Han randomly coming back as a ghost to complain about stuff would actually be perfect.

Or maybe Lando sees Han's face in the mirror as he's shaving. "Ahhh!" "I told you it was my ship!"

Wildcatbarry and Bor Mullet like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.