main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Han Solo in Episode 9

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by GoJohnnyGo, Dec 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Trevius

Darth Trevius Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    i am holding out for a cameo from han and chewies love child .. becky ... i am pretty sure she is gonna restore balance to the universe

2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Becky with the good hair.

3. Darth Trevius

Darth Trevius Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    hans got 99 problems but chewie aint one

Bor Mullet likes this.
  4. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    Jordan had a few 45+ point games with the Wizards... Never too late to come back Han!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. MingLives

MingLives Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    ...or he could just sort of cut him off with his own ship and then yell something like "Hey man. I'm sorry if I scared you!"

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    Giovs, BigAl6ft6 and TadoFett like this.
  6. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    All joking aside, it would be great if Ford had a cameo, even if it's for a brief flashback scene, such as Leia and Han dropping Ben off to train with Luke. That was in one of the earlier script versions as something Rey saw in TFA during her force vision. Assuming it was never shot, but maybe they could still do that by using old film or effects. It would be touching to see the big three together, even if just as a reminder of better times.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    No. We’ve never seen a non-Force user as a ghost, because they can’t be one.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  8. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    I can't imagine Han bothering to be a force ghost even if he was riddled with midichlorians, let alone appear to impart pearls of sardonic wisdom to loved ones.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I have to think Han will at least be mentioned in this film. Or a "your father" mention if it's Luke or Leia talking to Kylo.

But perhaps we will also glimpse Han one other way. Either with Ford in the role through a force vision/dream Kylo has (using TFA/Starkiller footage), or if there's a shallow-depth-of-field flashback to Kylo's youth, maybe we see Han in the background (using a stand in/CG so it looks like Han but he's not the focus of the shot).

10. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    What is that thing about Han ‘cheating’ in the TLJ novelization? In TFA Han recognized Kylo Ren as his son in Takodana, so in a way Ben had been ‘cheating’ Han in the past by hiding behind a mask, but Han got to know the truth. When?

Behind Kylo ‘cheating’ was Vader and behind Vader was Snoke. Who was behind Han’s ‘cheating’? Snoke remembers in the TLJ ‘ensnaring’ Luke’s family. Perhaps Han and Ben discovered each others ‘cheating’ at the sale time.
    The thing that comes to mind is the ‘ill come back sweetheart’ scene in the TFA novelization. A KOR raid. If that was Han and the girl was Rey, who had been a Han cheating with?

I wonder if Leia knew about the cheating and also that it wasnt cheating at all, but paying a visit...in those msw leaks or 2015, it is stated that Rey’s parents were part of the clan. Leia didnt tell Han about Snoke and perhaps didnt tell Ben about those visits of Han...because she knew Snoke would know in the end if Ben did. Like, there was something -someone- to be protected from Snoke and Ben, but not from Han.
    Snoke’s ‘ensnaring’ would have been a success; the purpose was to weaken Han and Ben relationship. But that ‘someone’ escaped...because of her parents. If Han knew those ‘parents’, ‘cheating’ would refer to the female one. Female parent+jakku sounds like Rey’s buns to me.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  11. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I would love a secret cameo flashback where Luke, Leia & Han are together............

themoth likes this.
  12. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
  13. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    One line synopsis please?

14. RiddleMeThis

RiddleMeThis Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2017
    littlewaves and chrcharcor2 like this.
  15. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    A post about Rey Solo and the ST 'Beru' and about teenage Ben discovering Han&'Beru' together and wrongly assuming it was cheating.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  16. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    Please don't let the reason Ben turned to the dark side be that he thought Han had an affair. That would be so ridiculous.

Prediction! Ford films for 1 day, a secret cameo for Episode 9! Could be part of a dream sequence for Kylo, or a hologram message of a de-aged Han talking to his son after he'd gone to train with Luke. "Your mother and I..." Somehow Kylo stumbles across the recording and it impacts him greatly.

JJ wants to light all the fireworks for Episode 9. He and Disney backed up the money truck to get Ford to return for one scene. Maybe?!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It would be a lovely surprise if he filmed a scene with Mark that they can also slot Carrie into so we get the three of them together again in the last film in the Skywalker Saga. Obviously it would be a flashback of some kind. Hopefully a happy one.

18. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    Or they could all meet up in the Netherworld of the Force...

Which by the way is absolutely definitely going to be the title... or not

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  19. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Yeah, I'm not huge on the idea of flashbacks in Star Wars (though we've had two in each of the new saga movies so far and they've worked fine), but if they've somehow found a way to use existing Leia footage to work seamlessly into some newly-shot stuff with Mark & Harrison, set a few years before TFA, that could be pretty incredible. [face_dancing]

Usually I'd be skeptical on a theory of Han being in this, but damn, that picture is pretty uncanny. Somehow semi-convinced it might be happening now.

20. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    I mean I'm all for a scene with Luke, Leia and Han together, and obviously it would have to be set sometime at least a few years before The Force Awakens. But would a scene of Han and Leia bringing Ben to Luke really be that fulfilling to see? I guess it could be if extremely well written, but how exciting of a moment is that really, especially given the gravity of what followed that decision?

If not that moment, what could a Han-Leia-Luke scene even be? It would be nice if they do all appear together if it's not a sad moment.

21. ChipRock

ChipRock Jedi Padawan

Dec 21, 2015
    I support this idea. Yes, flashbacks have so far been a thing and have worked, and being as this is the last chance to have everyone together, why not go for it? It need only be a very brief scene and the audience will go nuts. It also makes sense to me to cover a little more of what happened to Kylo/Ben. Just as long as they can make it fit with Carrie footage without making her too CGI-d...

22. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    I see that kind of scene basically with De-aged Ford and Hamill doing most of the talking, Driver is made up and lit to look teenager, and either digitally or with forced perspective made to look a little shorter than Ford, and Fisher will probably have 1 line lifted from somewhere, but she'll be in the background mostly, or like quietly holding Ben's hand or arm to the side.

I'd still prefer a hologram recording Han specifically made for Ben, that Kylo watches in 9, and just bringing Ford in to nail this one monolog to his son. They could de-age him just a little to shave a decade off his face. Maybe we see Han in his classic vest in the recording. This method could also be used to have a message from Leia delivered to Kylo. Han could say something like "Your mother wanted you to know..."

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  23. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Yeah, that's why I thinkit may be doable, you probably wouldn't even necessarily need the characters speaking. If there's some cutting-edge whiz-bang ILM way to line up a longer-shot of Carrie and transpose that into a brief scene of Mark & Harrison standing around smiling, looking like a big happy family, better times before Ben went bat****, and it looks seamless, it'd be awesome. You wouldn't need close-ups or some big conversation, so dialogue left unshot with Carrie probably wouldn't be an issue.

You'd only want to pursue something like that if they were really sure they could pull it off without looking artificial/forced though. Then again, I had no problem with Tarkin or young-Leia in R1, and some people seemed to, so maybe my standards are a little more lax.

TadoFett likes this.
  24. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    I really wish they had all one appearance together (the big 3) in TFA, in a flashback or something. I think they could pull something off though for 9. I have a feeling he will be back in some capacity, even if tiny.

My main dream is to see Hamill and Ford act together again. It's really a crime some of the things the sequel trilogy hasn't been able to do. But as Hamill says "you can't please everyone."

25. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    This could be a flashback scene to when Han and Leia bring Ben to Luke for training.

Also this got me thinking

In The Last Jedi, during Luke and Kylo's confrontation, Luke says "If you strike me down I will always be with you like your father" and then say "See around Kid".
    This is so very dramatic when you connect it with TFA/Han's death and RotJ/Anakins death.
    Luke saved his father from the darkside as his father died.
    Han tries to save his son from the darkside but his son kills him.
    Rhyming/Mirroring that GL was so famous for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.