main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Han Solo in Episode 9

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by GoJohnnyGo, Dec 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Tarkin was pretty great! I'm glad they took a chance there and pushed the envelope. I thought Leia was not as well done, even though her appearance was brief, I think her scene at the end should have taken place in a much darker room then the super bright room they used. The shadows in the Tarkin scenes certainly helped. Any flashback that's putting de-aged Luke, Han and Leia together should be set at NIGHT in dim light IMO.

For such a scene, I agree with some posters above...It could be pulled off as a brief moment without dialog, or maybe it's just one line from Luke and one from Han, really quick, maybe Ben says something. Leia could just be there and wouldn't necessarily have to say anything.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    TadoFett likes this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Tarkin and Leia weren't de-aging though. Those were complete CGI recreations. Sam Jackson in Captain Marvel is a much better example of what can be accomplished. He looks like 90s Jackson and it's completely seamless.

11-4D and TadoFett like this.
  3. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    I don't know about completely (looks a little off to me with the hair so far, but we're only going on trailers so far), but Douglas & Russell & RDJ all look amazing in the others films, and little-Evans in TFA. And yeah, the de-aging is easier than th bigger-deal they had to do to resurrect Cushing.

Leia looked fine to me too, my only quibble is maybe they should have kept both she and Tarkin in longer shots, the mouth-movements in closeup is pretty much the only thing that gives it away, that "digitalness" to it.

TadoFett likes this.
  4. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    Getting Fisher in there with Ford and Hamill though could require lots of CGI beyond de-aging (face mapping/swapping with a stand-in actress, etc.). I think it's still better as a night scene to be on the safe side.

5. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Depends how long ago it is. 5-6-7 years prior to TFA wouldn't be something where they'd look too much different. That wouldn't be anywhere near as severe/significant an alteration as in the Marvel movies, going back 20-25-30 years. Change the haircuts on them a bit maybe, you wouldn't have to go all "remove everyone's wrinkles & ageing lines!" if it's only a half-decade back, they wouldn't look too different in that sense.

6. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    All of these ideas sound really cool, but I think the movie needs a current point in time scene with the big 3. Of all the things to complain about in the ST, I think the biggest is no apparent plan for a big 3 reunion with Han getting killed off...

Maybe something like a force ghost still alive mix of the big 3 like at the end of the movie ghost... Or maybe Luke or Han come back alive somehow or never died..

Any return of Han would be awesome, but a current living Han would be epic.

7. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016

NBC News - Where is Harrison Ford's earring?

Rodie likes this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think the better question is who cares? :p

DARTH_BELO, Rodie and Jedi Older Code like this.
  9. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    Ford's looking good here! He looks cameo ready ;)

"I'll always be with you, just like your father." - Luke Skywalker to Kylo Ren.

10. Darth Nikean

Darth Nikean Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 30, 2016
    I I can’t get your link to work for some reason I might have a bad connection or something my phone is bad

11. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    If they retcon TFA and tell us that Han survived being stabbed in the heart, tossed down a enormous pit, and having the entire planet blown up around him, it will REALLY stretch credibility, and it will reek of the worst kind of fan-service. It also lowers the stakes for all future SW, since it tells us that popular characters will just be given plot armor. I hope they don't do this. I'd be very happy to see him appear in a flashback, or as a figment of Kylo's imagination, but not alive in the present time.

12. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    Well it IS the Daily Mail so it could just be that your device is merely trying to protect you from the world's worst newspaper! :)

Basically the link is just to some classic tabloid style filler article about how Harrison Ford was seen out and about doing some shopping.

I only really linked to it because the pictures were from December and his haircut was pretty much the same length as TFA Han. Which gives me hope. Misplaced though that hope may be!

Darth Nikean likes this.
  13. MagnarTheGreat

Jul 21, 2016
    Here's what Ford has at times playfully claimed in the past after The Force Awakens:

Harrison Ford: “Is [Han Solo] dead? He’s resting.” (January 11, 2016)

Harrison Ford: “[GESTURES TO ZIPPED/LOCKED LIPS AND THROWS AWAY THE INVISIBLE KEY]” Ford declines to answer the question if he will continue as Han Solo. (March 21, 2016)

Harrison Ford: “[Han Solo’s return to Star Wars…] anything is possible in space.” (March 22, 2016)

Harrison Ford: “I’m not dead. I’m just resting.” (April 13, 2017)

Harrison Ford: “I was surprised [when the call came from George Lucas]. It was proposed that I might make another appearance as Han Solo. And I think it was mentioned, even in the first call, that he would not survive. That’s something I’d been arguing for for some period of time [since the making of Return of the Jedi], so I said okay.” “[It was] not necessarily [a prerequisite for my involvement]. But it was, you know, an interesting development of the character.” “[What you want to ask is if am I absolutely] dead [in Star Wars]?” “Um, I mean, I’m finished with Star Wars if Star Wars is finished with me.” “I can’t imagine it. But it is science fiction.” “I’d rather not. You know, at this point I’d rather do something else. Just because it’s more interesting to do something new.” (September 12, 2017)

Mila Lazarus likes this.
  14. GoJohnnyGo

Nov 19, 2012

This is what I'm seeing. With no body or funeral there is still a slim glimmer of hope. Watch the lightsaber go through Han at a weird angle and not crystal clear... I truly believe JJ had a plan to bring back Han if needed and with Carrie gone I think Han is important to the story..

Harrisons comments about not wanting to do Han are like 30 years old...

I think there is a reasonable chance Han Solo will be in 9 and a slim chance he's alive.

15. MagnarTheGreat

Jul 21, 2016
    I thought there was at least a small chance Ford might show up in the Solo movie as part of a framing device like Wonder Woman but then I read he wasn't in it.

16. Mila Lazarus

Mila Lazarus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2018
    How on earth could he have survived? It just seems so unconceivable that every explanation they could give would seem gross and would make SW's ST look like a huge joke...

I'd appreciate him to come back as a cameo in a flashback, or in Kylo's tortured dreams, but if he's still alive or a FG, it will be self-parody in my opinion.

17. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    There might have been a trampoline at the bottom of that thingy he fell into and while he bounced back up he had time to sew himself up and walk home. Legalize it!

18. Mila Lazarus

Dec 29, 2018
    Yeah, and what about Kylo's laser saber which cut right through him? Oh, I have an idea: they had an agreement and Kylo's saber was actually a toy...

19. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Dude Han sewed himself up while bouncing.

20. MagnarTheGreat

Jul 21, 2016
    Han was just a projection.

21. Mila Lazarus

Dec 29, 2018
    Ah yes I missed the "sewed himself" part [face_laugh]

Sure, and all these times he was in Leia's ship, laughing his ass off....

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  22. GoJohnnyGo

Nov 19, 2012
    Obi Wan Kenobi aged 50 years in a 20 year period between episode 3 and 4... So anything possible

23. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Han’s going to bounce back!

24. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018

*Gruff & grumpy Harrison voice, on Conan* "Who gives a ****?" :p

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  25. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    Desert living, man. Unkar Plutt just turned 18!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.