main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Han Solo in Episode 9

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by GoJohnnyGo, Dec 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Phew...that's a relief.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  2. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Maybe Kylo acquires the Falcon and accesses The Han Solo Chronicles, an idea that Han picked up from Lando.
    Han: "Okay.... here goes.... this is an idea I picked up from a new friend."
    Solograms of Han's life. Kylo skims through the catalogue of files, starting off with the Alden-era Han (causing a raised eyebrow on Kylo's face) then jumps forward in time to an Alden-Harrison morph, then OT-era Han, entries about the birth and childhood of Ben, and then older Han. Finally, he watches the last entry, where Han talks about Ben. The concept might be a bit too much like Galen's message to Jyn, though. Maybe the last entry could also include the unused TFA footage of Leia, joining in on Han's recording..... Han turns the camera toward her.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  3. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

I would be down for that. :)

4. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Interesting. I do like the idea and have posted about it, that Kylo stumbles across a hologram recording Han made at some point before TFA. Maybe after the destruction of Luke's temple and Han knows Ben is responsible, he records an emotional message and plea for Ben to come home, and not knowing where Ben is, Han just beams it out, IDK. Could get Ford back for this monolog, and maybe work Fisher into it, too, if footage can be manipulated for that.

Would be a great way to give Ford a meaningful cameo, and to give Driver the opportunity to react and act without words to a Ford performance.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    Mila Lazarus and TadoFett like this.
  5. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    That's actually a very good thought.

6. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    "No one is ever really gone."

7. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Zombie Solo?

8. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Han could appear in a force vision *shrug*.

I suspect there is alot of stuff you can do with Force visions that wouldn't need explanation.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  9. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    To get Han in a Force Vision they wouldn't even have to get Ford back for additional shooting, alternate camera angles or outtake footage from TFA would suffice.
    If Kylo has the vision, maybe some combination of Han in the Falcon and that scene of Kylo walking into the Falcon that was cut...
    If Rey has the vision, it could be any number of Han outtakes, maybe alternate footage of Han's "it's true, all of it" speech about the Force.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  10. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Why couldnt it be ford? He could come back to film something small.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  11. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    Oh absolutely it would he Ford, I'm just saying if Ford doesn't want to do any more filming as Han, they would have outtakes they could use for a Force Vision appearance.

If it's a full-fledged flashback or hologram recording, then yeah absolutely you need to convince Ford to come back for a real cameo.

12. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    I'd kinda figure Ford would be up for doing it if it's a flashback scene or two, uniting the three OGs and honoring Carrie.

Probably about the only way he'd come back, but something like that doesn't seem out of the question. If that's the intention and J.J. asked him, pretty sure he wouldn't turn him down.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  13. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    As for the flashback...Han had not seen his son for 13-15 years in TFA, but in Takodana recognized him behind that mask. We dont know about Leia and Luke, but certainly Han had seen the mask before. When?

In TLJ, Luke enters Ben's mind. Ben was 23-24 at the time. Whatever he saw was from Ben's POV; through his eyes. Some have especulated about it being a vision, but I think it was a memory, related to his 'Ive been torn apart, I want to be free of this pain' line, and going back to his teenage years, masked but not yet Kylo Ren.

While in his mind, we hear a lightsaber being ignited, and a woman and a man screaming. Was that man Han? Did he know this woman?

'Han Solo’s days of cheating and disappointing people'. 'Disappointing' is clear.

What about 'cheating'? Its a new word, and here it is presented as being no less relevant, from Ben/Kylo's POV.

'Cheating people'. What people? 'Disappointed', from his POV, does not refer to 'people', but to himself. Maybe 'cheating' does refer to 'people' (Leia and Ben). But, again, from his POV -he would have misinterpreted what he saw.

According to those MSW leaks from 2015:

a)The KOR attack the Clan, and they have done so before.
    b)Rey parents belonged to the Clan.

A) would explain masked Ben being around. B) would explain Han being around. Father and son would have met each other then -while one of those attacks were taking place-, the father 'cheating', and the son 'cheating' too in a way, hiding behind a mask.

The 'attack':

TFA junior novelization: Deep in the forest she heard the sounds of war. The ping of blasters. The sizzle of lightsabers. Death"

Clashing of weapons, blasters, lightsabers. “I’ll come back, sweetheart. I promise”

Lets say this sweetheart guy was Han. What was he doing there? Visiting Rey's parents and their child? Or visiting her adoptive parents and his child?

In that case, Leia would not have been cheated -she would have known from the beginning:

'Even before I realized' is simlar to Luke's 'By the time I realized I was no match for the darkness rising in him, it was too late' in TLJ.

Was she pregnant when she 'realized'? Has 'realized' something to with the force, as in the case of Luke? If little Ben knew about the child, Snoke would know too, sooner or later.

At some point Snoke left, leaving some wreckage behind ('when he gets what he wants hell crush you'); but Han would not know about Snoke and little Ben until TFA. Leia didnt tell him. But maybe she did tell him about the girl. He would have met and lost his daughter back then, and met her again before being killed by his own son.

Depressing, if your child-in-a-mask mind gets flashback'd with all this while chasing your sister.

A theory I entertain. Sorry for the long post.

Edit: Another entertained possibility: Leia played her cards ever closer to her chest, and Han thought little Rey parents were indeed her parents, and he was around the clan visiting one of them -a previous daughter of his, half sister of Rey and Ben. If Qi'ra was pregnant by the time of solo, this daughter would be 42-43 in IX. Thats Keri Russell's age. (Rey was 'Kira' at some point, and can still be Qi'ra Solo) Theres never been a half-sibling in SW, and from the soap opera POV a half sibling has more potential, dramatically, than an classical SW adoptive parent figure 100% outside the family (=blood. Owen, Beru, Breha, Bail,etc)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  14. Mila Lazarus

Mila Lazarus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2018
    [​IMG]

It's a Star Wars movie, SW stories are never that convulated, at least canon SW. The last episode of the ST has to bring a closure to what was introduced in the last movie, not to bring a whole new story that would make almost no sense with what we've seen before. Just my opinion of course.

I love the idea of a recording of Han talking to Ben though, especially with Leia's appearance besides him.

CrazyOldJedi and HevyDevy like this.
  15. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I do like the idea of him coming back as a "shade" that warns Kylo about the perils of the dark side or some such.

Mila Lazarus likes this.
  16. PhantomUltron

PhantomUltron Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2019
    If The Emperor can survive after being thrown down a hole, Luke surviving that jump then Han Solo can survive anything too.

17. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    It does make sense (=does not contradict) with what we’ve seen before. We have seen very little in any case.
    As for convoluted...visually it would take 20 secs for the audience to connect all these dots. This theory spans 44 years (Solo+ST) more or less the 47 years of the PT+ST which, on paper (from Shmi, Cliegg, Qui-Gonn etc to ‘so you have a twin sister’ in ROTJ) seems convoluted too.
    We’ll see.

18. PendragonM

PendragonM Force Ghost star 4

Mar 7, 2018
    It is never established in TFA how long it's been and in Bloodline, where Kylo's attack on the Jedi Academy is what splits up the family, it's six years before TFA. Now, yes, how the hell does Han know that Kylo's mask looks like that or his name is Kylo Ren is missing information, explained nowhere that I've heard about or seen. He was also too far away to see anything behind the mask, so he recognized the mask. There's not been any good explanation for how Kylo goes from slaughtering Luke's students to #2 in the First Order. I'm sure we'll get a book eventually, long past the point most people will care.

We're not really going with the Q'ra is Rey's mom, are we? Han cheated on Leia? I mean, seriously, LFL hasn't done enough to Han/Leia fans?

Ben is older than Rey, that's established. How Han knows that Snoke will drain Ben's power and crush him is not explained anywhere.

But hey, why not run the bus over Han again? He's left off the posters for the ST despite them selling TFA off Ford, so why not blame him? That cheating and disappointing people is exactly what I'd expect to read from the villain, and, frankly, is rich coming from Poor Little Kylo.

19. Baron_Papanerd

May 1, 2014
    I think so too. But I still think there is a good chance that Harrison (and Carrie) shot a flashback Scene or two, during the filming of Episode VII, so they wouldn't need to get Ford back for Episode IX. ;)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  20. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    He already warned Kylo once about Snoke and what he wanted with Kylo's power.

21. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    I feel in TFA that Han knew exactly who Rey was. I haven't ruled out completely that she's a Solo, but I'm not putting any money on it at this point. If we're going to have flashbacks (which I'm not convinced will happen), I would love it if they had taped Han and Leia talking about Rey. If they had that footage, they could even have Leia talking to a vision of Han or something. Honestly though, I'm not expecting to see Harrison in TROS.

22. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I'm not either. I feel like they possibly focused on what footage they had of Carrie and how best to use it more than bringing Ford back. I haven't seen any rumors or mentions in interviews about having any past footage of the two of them together or with anyone else that would make me think Han is going to show up.

23. Baron_Papanerd

May 1, 2014
    I am not going to hold my breath. But again, they wouldn't need to get Ford back, if he (and Carrie) already shot scenes to be used for Episode IX flashbacks, during Production for Episode VII. Just drop them in. But yeah, we wont know until we see the movie in Dec.

Harrison Ford even keeps the door open a little (video 2:56 - 3:26). :D He is probably just messing around; but there could be something to it. [face_praying]

24. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I think we’ll see Han in one form or another in TROS. Flashback, probably. For the end of the saga, JJ won’t resist bringing Harrison into it. Exactly the kind of thing he’d do.

25. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    TRoS has been categorically stated to be the end of the Skywalker saga. There are a few key non-Skywalker people who have been very closely associated with the family. Han Solo, for example, with 3 of them, Luke, Leia, Kylo. I think chances are good that we'll see a Han cameo.

Bor Mullet and Baron_Papanerd like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.