main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Han Solo on Hoth - Blue or Brown coat?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TK-6873, Mar 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK-6873

TK-6873 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Ok, so I just read a Hasbro ad in my new toy magazine debating whether Han wore a blue or brown coat (the Parka, not the jacket he wore to Bespin) while on Hoth. Their answer is to make two versions of the Hoth Han Solo figure, one with a blue parka, one with brown.
    Naturally, I pulled out my tape of the original ESB. Every scene I saw Han wearing a parka, it was a very dark navy blue without a doubt. What's up with folks thinking it was ever brown? Does anyone else see this as a brown coat?

2. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    I don't know, this is the first I have heard of the controversy. Maybe they confused his brown pants/blue pants.

3. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Its just another way to get collectors to shell out more $ for the same figures with slight variations in production. No controversy, just capitalism at work. It looks blue to me too. What can ya do (shrugs) ;)

4. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Even if you watch the tape on an old black and white tv,...it still ain't brown! What are they cutting their crack with, drain cleaner?

5. TK-6873

TK-6873 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    I think this will connect with my "conspiracy theory" on the thread where the multiple DVDs sets were discussed. Its the Lucusfilm playing the sucker card again.

6. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    I must twart your theroy on 2 threads.

Well sort of. It may be a conspiracy for our $, but its Habro this time. Lucas already has his $ from this deal.

I dont buy variations and I only plan to buy the blue Han. I am conflicted on weather to buy the Teebo wave AGIAN.

What really gets me about Han is that Hasbro is making like they did a good thing making an inacurate figure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.