main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Handmaidens: Eirtaé's story ~*~*~*~*~Finished Sept. 26

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Obischick, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    I really, really love that post Chiquita. I've re-read it twice and am posting just to tell you. ;)

**sigh** Why do you keep going away for so long?

UP.

2. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    *drops bags on the floor*

Well, I'm back and I'm dirty and I spent a week on Lake Michigan, and it was fun, but......

....*pause*....

I MISSED YOU GUYS!! *hugs*

:D

Yes, Aly, I am evil! *helps Aly up* Now, don't fall anymore. We have chairs and couches for that!! :p BTW, if you still want my Rabe story, PM me with your e-mail again and we can try and try and try until you finally get it!! :D

I know Sache, I know. I'm hurrying as fast as I can! Happy Birthday, btw!! :) And I keep going away so long because my parents like to take me places. :p Pooooorrr me....

Yes, she's very worried, Angel! [face_shocked] Wouldn't you be too?? :_| I probably wouldn't have Eirtae's restraint to stay, but who knows? :confused:

Thanks for the descriptive and helpful feedback Denny! :p

Thank you so much bobill!! I'm glad you like it! [face_blush] :p

Thanks for the ups Angel!

Of course I had to do that lija! It's the way I do things! :p

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I barely recognized him. His hair was longer and he was so much thinner. His clothes were ragged and worn, dirt was everywhere. But his eyes. I knew his eyes. I took all this in about a half second. Then, suddenly, I was in his arms, hugging him, holding on so tight I probably cut off his circulation. Tears streamed down my cheeks. He was okay, he was here and that?s all that mattered.

?Eirtaé?? he murmured in my hair as his arms held me close to him. His voice was ragged and tired. ?I was so worried?so scared.?

?I know.? I wept. ?I know. I was too.?

I don?t know how long we stood there, holding each other and rocking back and forth, but after a time, Dev broke away from me a little. He looked me straight in the eyes. ?Rissé and Alexé-? he began as my heart dropped and my breath caught in my throat. They aren?t dead, they can?t be. I told myself. ?They?re really sick.? He whispered, his gaze dropping to the floor. ?I tried to help them, I really did--I-?

?Where are they?? I demanded.

?I?ll show you.? He said, turning and walking down the hall. I almost followed him, then remembered Dek.

?You can go to Riv?s room if you like.? I told him. ?Try to stay lying down, and don?t move much.? He nodded and I ran to catch up with Dev. He took me down to level two, in a small room far away from the commotion of the main part of the hallway.

I was almost too afraid to go in, but I forced myself to anyways. The room was dimly lit and two figures lay on beds, silent and non-moving. I almost threw up at the smell in there, but used all my willpower to quell it. I went over to the closest bed, and looked down at Rissé?s almost unrecognizable face.

She was so thin; just skin and bones, really. Her lips were chapped, cracked and bleeding slightly. Her skin was dry, except for her face which was covered in a thin layer of sweat. I pinched her skin, and it stayed that way for a second after I let my fingers go, it slowly formed back to her bones. I sighed, not good. Very severe dehydration. I choked back a few tears and went over to Alexé. She was the same.

I rubbed at my temples, then turned on the comlink to the wavelength that was Dr. Maurer?s.

?Rowan?? I whispered in it.

?Eirtaé? Eirtaé is that you dear??

?Yes. I-I need your help.?

?I?m a little busy here dear.? He said, his voice slightly strained. Anger welled in me, my friends where on the brink of death and he was helping strangers!?!

?I don?t care!? I snarled. ?I need help now Rowan! Not tomorrow, now!? I was shrieking into the comlink now. ?My friends are near death! Get over here this instant! Level two, room 215!?

And with that, I snapped the comlink off, collapsed into a chair and did my best not to cry as Dev came over and comforted me. It was a few minutes late

3. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    Ewwww! That wasn't very nice of Rowan! But she probably needed to sleep anyway.

And she would get in trouble with Padmé, I suppose.... **grumble**

Hoping for more soon! And I hope Rissé and Alexé pull through okay! And I hope.... Well, I'm not sure what I hope with Dev, but we'll see.

4. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    actually, my appetite has only been whet. i want to know what happens~
    Great post!

5. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Wow. :eek:

:)
    That was great! :D That was awesome! :D I just finished reading the whole thing and it was just awesome! I know you live for feedback so here it is!

In the movie TPM, I noticed that Eirtaé didn't look too pleased....now I know why! You really bring Eirtaé to life! You are a very talented writer.

Now instead of just knowing Eirtaé as the blonde handmaiden, I know her. :)

I was so glad when Eirtaé started kicking droid butt! That was awesome! :D And stubborn Taé! If Rowan hadn't put that sleeping sedative in her, she would have kept on working! :p

The parts about Saché kind of clashed with my Yané story, but that really can't be helped. I think those parts were still great.

Oh, and Obischick don't let all this go to your head! :p

But seriously, you are a great writer and all the compliments you bestow on my fanfics are now extra special!

More please! :D

*~Handmaiden Yané~*

6. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    Upperoonie!

7. HandmaidenEirtae

HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2001
    Great posts, Obischick! I like how you're showing the chaos immediately following the BoN. I sure hope Dev, and Risse, and Alexe come out all right, and I again plead that you don't kill of Firenze, even though she's a brat. I mean, considering what happened to her in my fic, I don't know how much more she can take. Besides, the name's from my fanfic, so I Feel especial attachment to her. ;) Anyway, I think it's wonderfully sinisterly hilarious that Rowan used a sedative on Eirtae. I know that's what I would have done. :) Post more soon!
    Eirtae

8. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Tehe...yeah Lolo....ermmm...ummm...I mean...Saché. :p Yeah, Rowan was just looking out for her, and he had a feeling that she would need her sleep anyways. ;)

Thanks bobill!! [face_blush] Yes, I really want you guys to find out what happens too! :D I'm just full of surprises!

Yané!! You finished reading it! Yipee!! :D Thank you so much for your compliments! I'm so glad that you feel a better connection to Eirtaé now! [face_blush] That makes all my hard work worthwhile.

Thanks for the up Saché!

*soothing voice* Don't worry about Firenzé, Eirtaé...everything will be okay in the end, I promise. That's true. I don't think the two of us should beat up anymore on a person with the name Firenzé! :p [face_shocked] :D I'm glad you liked what Rowan did! We have very similar senses of humor! ;)

More later peeps!

Here's a preview:

I lifted my head up to feel the warm breeze on my face, and removed the head-shawl that kept my hair down. Looking back down from the sky, I saw two older people, hand in hand, walking up the main boulevard. The woman?s hair was frosted through with white and the man leaned on a cane, favoring one leg over the other. I frowned, they looked awfully familiar.

Then it hit me.

[face_devil]

~Obischick :cool:

9. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    That was such a tease, Emma-dahling. I wonder who the two people could be? Hmmmn...... ;)

10. PadmeAmidalaNaberrie

PadmeAmidalaNaberrie Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW!!! [face_shocked] :D OOOOoOOOoOHHhhh!! I'm so excited! Do post soon Obischick, teasing isn't very nice! :p

Wow, the last posts were great, pooor Dek! Eirtaé's a fiesty one isn't she?? :p Hmm... but not when she's tranquilized! :p

Argh! I'm worried about Rissé and Alexé!! Don't choo be killing off anyone close to her!!

You wouldn't do that.... [face_plain] ... right?? :confused: :( Okay, MORE PLEASE!

-*Padmé*-

11. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    Lovely teaser...you do it so well along w/ your cliffhanger. ;)

Good for Rowan in getting Eirtaé to sleep properly. She is sure a fiesty one...especially when her friends are involved. ;)

Want more....

12. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    Oh Obischick, splendid as usual! I love this story, but at least I don't have to wait to know what happens... gee I'm so glad we're sisters! :p

Rowan is so cool! He's a good guy, but he also gets to use those little injection thingys from the hospitals! WEeeeEEee! What fun!! :D :D

I love the reality of it all, I accually feel sorry for Dek! :( The funny part was that I was waiting for him to go:

"Why'd she have to die? Why couldn't I save her?"

Then Eirtaé would be like:

"Sometimes there are things no one can fix."

Hmmmm... maybe not. [face_plain]

Looking forward to more girl! This story kicks! [face_blush]

-~Dormé~-

13. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Hey look! Another post!! [face_shocked] Within a couple days! [face_shocked]

Threepio: My goodness!

:p

Thanks for the up Saché!! ;) There's no fooling you on anything, is there? :p

Calm down there, Padmé!! :p Don't worry about anyone dying, that's all I have to say about that! :)

Yes, she's definatly fiesty when it comes to her friends lija! That's what makes her such a great one!

Thanks so much Dormé dear! [face_blush] You're always so sweet. All you guys are! Lol! I don't think that they would say those lines, though... :p

Okay, here's todays post! Enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The only good thing about sleep-inducing drugs is that you don?t dream. I don?t think I could have stood more nightmares. I?m not sure how much I slept and how much were the drugs sleeping for me, but I did wake up about seventeen hours later.

I was back in the palace, in my bed, the curtains pulled shut, but the window open, letting in fresh air and the sounds of birds and running water. The silk of my sheets felt good on my face and toes. I turned over on my back, opened my eyes and looked around. The beauty of the room I was in seemed to make the darkness of the hospital seem like a distant dream of some sort.

I looked around the warm room, the few rays of sunlight seeming to make it glow a golden color. I sat up and looked over at Saché?s bed. All I could see was a large lump under the covers. I smiled and threw the sheets off my legs. I blinked and rubbed sleep-sand from my eyes as I stretched and yawned. I fingered my dirty hair as I tasted a weird flavor in my mouth. Ugh, I felt really gross.

So, me being the person that I am, I got up and went into the ?fresher adjacent to Saché and my room. I thought about what Rowan had done to me. I was rather put out with him. Yes, I had my duty to the Queen, but Rissé and Alexé are my friends. I couldn?t very well leave them, could I?

I took a quick shower and dressed in my favorite dress. My stomach grumbled demandingly and I slipped out of the room to find some food. I thought for a moment, trying to remember the last time I ate. I couldn?t and was thrilled beyond all possible belief to discover a small table of food in the main room.

I quickly went through the table, grabbing bread and jam, my favorite Naboo fruit, some small pastries and a glass of juice. My mouth watered at the very thought of food, to say nothing of the delectable aroma. Just as I sat down on the couch, a door opened and Sabé poked her sleep-tousled head out of her door.

?FOOD!? She cried. Then she ran out of her door, grabbed a plate, and piled it high with fruit and bread, then came over and hunkered down next to me on the couch, crossing her legs so her feet tucked under her thighs and balancing her plate on her lap. ?Yummy yummy!? She declared, then dug in. I smiled and giggled, then started wolfing down my own food.

The connecting door between Amidala?s suites and our own opened, and the Queen came in, she smiled at us, then sat down in a chair opposite us, watching us eat.

?Horrific, isn?t it?? I asked her teasingly.

She shook her head, sending thick brown hair flying in the wind. ?It?s like watching two tusk-cats gobbling down a Shaak.? She said mirthfully. We all giggled and eventually Padmé got some food as well, although she claimed she had already eaten. Yané soon joined us, piling up a plate that rivaled Sabé?s.

?Okay.? Padmé said when she was done, her tone very businesslike. ?Today Chancellor Palpatine and the Jedi Council will be landing. There are no people in the streets, so I?ve given them permission to land on the main boulevard. We need to be ready soon. Yané- the yellow dresses. Sabé- the black dress with Venda beading.? She clapped her hands. ?Chop chop girls. We still have a schedule.?

Sabé, Yané and I hopped up a

14. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    Ooooh boy, I hope there's gonna be a part where her father says how wrong he was about Amidala! I've been waiting for that since....

....about May, I think. ;)

And yes, that was very sweet, and very sentimental.

15. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    yeah, very, very sweet.
    poor parents, though, weak, and frail.

16. Angel_Jedi_Master

Angel_Jedi_Master Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 18, 2002
    that was good. ;)

17. HandmaidenEirtae

HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2001
    AWWW!!! That was so great! At least your Eirtae's parents are okay. Thank goodness for that! ;)
    I loved the part where they were all stuffing their faces. Very typical teenager and very unhandmaidenly like.
    More, soon, Obischick!
    Eirtae

18. Amidala14

Amidala14 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Hi, uh, this is actually Handmaiden_Yane, but I'm too lazy to log into that username!

Great post Obischick!

Hmmm, I am still a bit suspicous about Rabé and Obi-wan being muddy that one time.
    Hmmm......

19. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Yeah! That´s really sweet *grin*
    Cute enough to forgive Eirtaé her statements about Palpy.

*No more trouble for us with Palpatine running things*

It could be almoest an amusing joke, if it weren´t so sad...
    She´s so naive, I mean , Palpy bringing peace and justice?

NEED MORE

Angel

20. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    Well, Handmaiden_Yane/ Amidala14, to discover the history behind Rabé and Obi-Wan's muddy debacle, you must read the Rabé story. ;)

21. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    AWWwWWWwwWW!! Her parents are OK!! YAY!! Hopefully they've changed enough to Eirtaé, so that they can get along again!! :)

I loved the handmaidens little pig-out there! Very funny, and much like them, especially good ol' Sabé!! :p Quite har-larious!! :p :D

I loved it! And I can't wait for more! Must... find... out... what... happens... :p

UPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!

-~Dormé~-

22. Denny

Denny Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 29, 2001
    aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww

she's complete! so cute!

I'm already missing this story!

More more more more!

Denny

23. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Where is that Rabé story? :confused:

I can relate to the pig out! [face_blush]
    Yesterday my friend Anja and I pigged out on chips and salsa! [face_blush]

Chips and salsa is soo good! Yum! :D

Ok, carry on, carry on, more story please!

*goes off in search of chips and salsa,sighs knowing she'll be pigging out alone :( )

24. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    Well, there's a link to it in Obischick's bio, but she'll probably tell you not to read the link because she's edited the story and have it emailed to you.

25. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    He he. You're right Saché. I am going to tell Yané not to read that story. If you wants to read my Rabé story, PM me you're e-mail adress and I'll e-mail the NEW and IMPROVED Rabé story. [face_shocked] :D [face_shocked]

Saché...yes, you've been waiting a long time...we all have. ;)

Thanks bobill! Yes, they both didn't nearly survive, so they are both very frail.

Hi Angel_Jedi_Master! And thanks so much. :)

:D Thanks Eirtaé. [face_blush] Yeah, at least one of us make Eirtaé's parents okay, and I'm glad you liked "The Gouging" :p

Thanks Amidala14/Yané! Ah yes, the Mud. A very fun incident. Nothing stupid like they where making out in the mud or anything. Very fun....*sends psychic message to Yané saying that she WILL read my Rabé story!*

Thanks Angel. Yeah, the whole "Eirtaé thinks Palpy is the best" is very ironic, but I think it shows how much he had people decieved.

I think you know the anwsers to your questions, Dormé...hMMmmmmMMMMm...and Sabé pigging out? Well, that was influenced by someone....HmmmmMMmmmMmmmm...

More on the way Denny! Which should be a surprise to us all! [face_shocked] Myself included!

I help you pig out Yané, I've very hungry and chips and salsa sound extra-doublicious! MMMmmmmm.....

I'm going to be busy for the next couple of days (more like week or so), so here's a new post!

Here?s the post, finally! :p Enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I held onto my parents for dear life, relishing something that I hadn?t felt for a long time. Mother was blubbering into my shoulder and father kept kissing my forehead or my cheek, and gripping my waist tightly, as if he was afraid I would vanish if he let go.

Mother?s head lifted from my shoulder as she placed her hands on my cheeks and looked into my eyes as tears poured out of her own. ?I knew it wasn?t true!? She exclaimed. ?I just knew it. I knew you weren?t dead, I just knew!? Then we hugged again and I felt that nothing in the universe could ruin this moment.

Standing there with them was the best feeling in the world. It?s the feeling you get when you?ve had a horrible day and suddenly one person says or does something that turns the whole thing right side up. It?s the feeling you get during your first time zooming across a lake in a boat. The unconditional love and affection that you feel is enough to make you think that you could absolutely burst with unrestricted joy if you even got the slightest bit happier.

Mother slipped out of our embrace and slid and arm around my waist, directing me down the boulevard. She wiped at tears on her face. ?Now darling, we were going to go home and have some lunch, how?s that??

I nodded eagerly. To be home? ?It sounds absolutely divine.? I sighed. Father took my hand and smiled.

?Let?s go then Princess.? He said.

We walked slowly, so that father with his cane could keep up. It was nice to walk someplace, instead of rushing around like I had been for the past couple of weeks. Seeing people wandering the streets, fixing their homes and gardens and repairing damage the Federation had inflicted made me feel warm inside. It was nice knowing that people could rebound from such a traumatic event. I suppose that most people, like my mother, are made of tougher stuff than they let on.

We arrived at our house a while later, and I looked at it in awe, it had been so long since I had seen it, since I had been in it. The grass was long and out of control, the vines that wound around the gate outside were green and thicker than I remembered. The gardens were littered with w