main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Handmaidens: Eirtaé's story ~*~*~*~*~Finished Sept. 26

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Obischick, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    I'm crying right now! I can hardly see the keyboard! :_| That only happened to me once before, when I read the part in Little Women where Beth died( er, sorry if I spoiled anyone who was reading that, but it's sad anyway). Very rarely does a movie or story move me to tears! Count yours special Obischick!

Still...crying... :_| :_|

*digs into chips and salsa*

I was saying thanks for the compliment about bringing them, Obischick!

2. Alybrylla

Alybrylla Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
  3. Lady_Tahiri

Lady_Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2001
    :_| *bursts into tears* Sweet Force that was probably the most emotional post I've ever read. *pauses to grab a tissue - decides to grab a box instead* You made it all so real that I felt like I was Eirtae, and I really had been through a war. None of the movies and very few passages in the books make me cry like this, Chicks. *shakes head, then stares down at the empty tissue box* What? Already?!! *groans* Just don't write scenes like this too often, or else I won't have enough money to pay for tissues. ;)

Yes, China is pretty great. These days thouogh, anyone who isn't suicidal knows better than to go outside - it's an overheated oven out there! But the stuff is amazingly cheap, there are actually ways to protect yourself from the 200 mosquitoes that infest every street, and overall I'm happy. I would be elated, though, if I saw a postie soon ;) ... No, take your time. Keep turning out these good ones, Chicks!

4. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    [face_blush] Thanks Saché! Yeah, I figured that the Jedi probably have some sort of tradition, along with the cremation, so I made one up! :)

And yes, Firenzé and the rest are a lot more serious now than they ever were before... :(

*hands Aly some tissues* There there, it's okay. I'm glad you thought it was good, it took me a long, long time to write that post...

Happy stuff coming up soon Eirtaé! The Mem service won't take up as much time as you think, and then we're on to Parades and Balls... :) I think everyone will like that.

Thanks
    Denny
    . I like Saché a lot too. * ;) @ Saché8* no dear, we're not talking about you... :p

Thanks bobill. I like to think that I'm good at describing things...sometimes I get carried away though. Just hit me when I do. :) ;)

*hands a couple of boxes of tissue to Yané and pats her on the back* I can't believe I made you cry!! I cried at Little Women too, that was really sad.

Yes yes, eat all your troubles away! :p

Thanks for the up Aly!

*hands new box of tissues to Tahiri* Here dear. [face_blush] I still can't believe I made almost everyone cry like this...

Heh. Guess this is a bad time to mention I wrote a short, but sad, Leia Vignette...

Alderaan is Gone

(Sorry about that shameless plug... ;) )

Don't worry though, I only do a few sad scenes every story, so yeah, I'm gonna milk 'em for all their worth. ;)

I'm glad you're having fun in China!! I would love to go someplace cool like that!!

*NOTE TO ALL:*

Next post sometime soon, I promise... :)

~Obischick

5. Lady_Tahiri

Dec 23, 2001
    Read the vignette ..... *wipes away the last tears with Obi Tissues* ... Uppers!

6. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Don't apologize for the plug! It's your thread after all! :p

7. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    Wow. [face_shocked] Beautiful post for Qui-Gon's funeral.

That's all I can say girl.

I loved it! [face_blush] Perfect emotional reactions from Eirtaé! And, I still want more! ;)

-~Dormé~-

8. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    Very powerful/emotional post. :_| :_|

Eirtaé have finally realized that war has no mercy for anyone. :( :_|

9. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Thanks Tahiri! *hands her more tissues*

Okay, I'll stop apoligizing Sache! If you insist... :p

Thanks so much Dorme! More is coming up...promise.

Mucho gracias lija...I do think that Eirtae finally realized that war effects everything and everyone...

And now...as a special present for you guys on MY birthday...I give you...

A short post. :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I was up a few hours later though, showered and preened, in pale blue handmaiden robes, rubbing sleep-sand from my eyes as Saché, Yané and I headed down the hall that connected our rooms and Amidala?s. I zoned out through most of my shift, and before I knew it, I was back in the suite, changing again into a black dress appropriate for the sad occasion and finally, on my way to Lucé?s house, which was close to the palace at about noon. When I reached Lucé?s large house, I took a deep breath, straightened my dress and rang the doorbell.

Almost immediately a servant answered the door and ushered me into the house. He showed me to the main sitting parlor, bowed and left as I entered the room. I scanned the large crowd quickly, recognizing several faces I had not seen in a long while. I smoothed the front of my dress and started to go over to Lady Moraana, Sofié?s mother, when Firenzé swooped down upon me and hugged me tightly.

?Oh Eirtaé! It?s so wonderful to see you again. I was afraid you hadn?t gotten my message. I?m so glad you came, I was worried you wouldn?t have been able to come, that you?d be to busy, that you didn?t want to, that-?

I blinked in surprised. Firenzé was never this emotional, not around me at least. I patted her back awkwardly. ?It?s fine. I arranged it all. I wouldn?t have missed this for anything.? I said soothingly as Chellé helped Danzé over to us, their faces set in sorrowful expressions, joined us over by the door. I gently disengaged myself from the now softly weeping Firenzé and gave them both hugs.

Pretty soon, I found myself sitting on a couch, surrounded by Danzé, Firenzé and Chellé. I had gone over to Sofié?s and Lucé?s families and talked quietly with them, expressing my sorrow at their death, though I knew that no words helped in a situation like this. The four of us sat around a small round table, and I bit my lip, I had nothing to say, no words to offer, and by the looks on the other?s faces, they had nothing to say either.

I?ll say this for them though; I had never, ever seen all of them looking so solemn, so serious. I could tell that the camps had changed them all, a reality check, or something across those lines. Rissé never showed up, she was still confined to the hospital, but I stayed the entire time that I could, providing support.

The service itself was very sad, and sort of a reality check for myself, they didn?t have Lucé?s or Sofié?s bodies, they had died early in the Invasion and had been cremated, then nobody knew what happened to the ashes, but just seeing Lucé?s and Sofié?s families in mourning brought it closer to me.

I think that was when I realized that I would never, ever see them again. Their bodies where gone, burned by the Federation days ago, and the only time I had seen them before that was sitting in a café with Firenzé, Danzé and Chellé a few days before the actually Invasion. They had been laughing and happy. I fixed that memory in my mind and refused to let go.

When I got back to the Palace that evening, Yané, Saché, Sabé and Rabé were all in good spirits. Amidala had announced that after the Celebration Parade, she would hold a Ball, and the prospect of going to a ball, even though we were on duty and would not be attending as private citizens, was enough to lift anyone?s spirits.

The following day, Amidala somehow arranged for each of us to have an hour or so off duty, I went to the hospital because Rissé and Alexé were being released. Unfortunately for me, they had already gone, but Dev was

10. Denny

Denny Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 29, 2001
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMA!

You old girl you! :D

Great post! Sad and sweet at the sametime!

Love Táe

Denny

11. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    wow! love how you showed the emotions really well! don't worry about details. if there are too many details, i can skim past them, but if there aren't enough details, i get lost.

12. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Favorite line of the post:

"I fixed that memory in my mind and refused to let go."

And ballroom scenes, ballroom scenes, ballroom scenes!!!!

**does crazy dance around the fic**

I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!

13. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Qui-Gon´s funeral was truly sad. I understand why she was crying, there wre too many deaths.

And she had to go to too mucch funerals the last time, poor girl.

But the ball sounds good and her "chattering" with Dev was interesting as well ;)

NEED MORE SOON !!!!

Angel

14. HandmaidenEirtae

HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2001
    Good post! So sad.... Waiting eagerly for the ball!
    ~Eirtae

15. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Yeah, me too. After all these sad funerals, a ball is a great chance ;)

UP! UP! UP!

NEED MORE SOON !!!!

Angel

16. Lady_Tahiri

Dec 23, 2001
    *takes tissues*

Well, I can't comment on how great your post was because [face_ashamed] I haven't read it yet - copied it onto Word because I'm sneaking time online. Hehe. The reason is because I'm not supposed to be online more than once a week now that boarding school is starting - must get good grades or else I am so dead. Which means ... less TFN!!! NOooo!!! :_| *takes a handful of tissues* Don't worry though, I'll squeeze time to finish this awesome story - in fact, off I go now!

17. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    wingarium leviooosa!!!!

18. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    :D Thanks Den!! Yeah, I'm really getting old. 18, I'm now officially an adult. :p Yippee!!

Thank you very much bobill! [face_blush] I do the same thing. Too many details, or the paragraph is too long, I just end up skimming! :p

Yes Saché, ball scenes are soon. Then you and Dormé can stop bugging me about it! :p ;)

:D Glad you liked the posts Angel! I agree, so many people's deaths are terrible.

Thanks Eirtaé! Lol...you people and your ball!! :p Soon, I promise you! Soon!! :D

Thanks for the ups Angel and bobill!! Loved the HP refrence! ;)

Oh no Tahiri!! :( Well, at least you'll be getting a good education...right?? Right??? [face_concerned] Well, I think I'll be finishing this story soon, so if you don't have time to read it all, I can always e-mail the whole thing to you...

Anyways, new post, cuz Saché and Denny have been bugging me.. ;) :p

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Saché, Yané and I had morning shift the next day. That meant we were up and about at 0730 in the morning. We encountered a strange sight, though, as we entered Amidala?s rooms, fully dressed in our green handmaiden robes after devouring our breakfast. Our Queen was sitting in a chair with her nightgown and dressing robe on, stuffing her face with a pastry. She didn?t notice us though, and my mouth dropped open at the size of her pastry.

Then Saché sniggered.

?Mmppff!? Amidala said, her brown eyes widening at the sight of us. Yané goggled, Saché?s hand flew to cover her laughing mouth and I pursed my lips tightly to make sure not to smile or laugh at the icing that stuck some strands of hair to her cheek. She quickly put the pastry down on the plate before her and wiped her mouth with a napkin.

?I wasn?t expecting you so early?? she said, standing up and coming over to us.

?Should we start getting you ready your highness?? I said carefully as Saché and Yané struggled to regain self control. Amidala looked shocked.

?Getting ready?? I nodded. ?For what?? She asked, incredulous. ?The Celebration?? I nodded again. She waved a hand. ?That?s hours away, we can do that later.?

?Yes your highness.? I said, then looked around, unsure of what to do next. Amidala looked at Yané.

?I need you to type while I talk.? She said. Yané nodded, took off her hood and went over to Amidala?s desk, starting up the computer terminal. She looked to Saché and me and frowned, thinking. ?I don?t need you two right now, but could you stick around in case I do?? Saché and I nodded and went to sit down on some couches by a window as Amidala and Yané got to work. We chatted for a little while, then Saché?s eyes lit up as she thought of something.

?You wouldn?t know how to play Sabacc, would you?? She asked me. I had heard of Sabacc before, it was a card game that was sort of complicated, but no one had ever taught it to me. So I shook my head no. Saché frowned for a second, the shrugged.

?Oh well, I?ll just have to teach you, wait here.? And with that, she raced back to our rooms, and returned a few seconds later with some cards. She sat down on the floor in front of the short, round table and I joined her. She shuffled the cards expertly, then began to teach me Sabacc.

It was about an hour later when Rabé and Sabé entered the room. They gave a start, though as they spotted us not really doing anything. I still wasn?t getting the hang of Sabacc, though I was trying, and I was a lot better than I had been.

?Ummmm?? Sabé said tentatively. ?Your highness?? Saché and I turned from our game to watch their conversation. Amidala stopped pacing and her recitation to Yané.

?Hold.? She told the younger girl, turning to Sabé and Rabé. ?Yes Sabé?? She inquired.

Sabé bit her lip. ?Shouldn?t we be getting you ready for the celebration ri

19. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    ".....my mouth dropped open at the size of her pastry."

This line merited a LOL accompanied by a **snort** on my part. It was very undignified. ;) Just like Padmé, eh?

Yay! Ballroom scenes soon!

**Hurry up parade**

20. Denny

Denny Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 29, 2001
    Saabac! :D

Can't get the picture out of my head. Five old maids playing Saabac and complaining about arthritis! :p Saché and Sabé always beating grumpy Táe and Rabé!

Lovely post Chiquita, simply lovely.

Denny

21. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    Yay! Two lovely posts to read. :)

LOL Padmé stuffing her face w/ a huge pastry. It's making me hungry. :D

How sweet of Padmé to give them gifts. [face_love] It's too bad that she couldn't do it in public. :(

Yay! The celebration is on its way. Can't wait. [face_love]

22. menilma

menilma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    *claps hands in delight* wonderful Obischick! No wonder I was wondering where this story went, I missed a post earlier! But so much better a sursprise when you get to read both :) Lovely.

23. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    wow! love the rings!

24. Alybrylla

Alybrylla Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Wonderful post :)

That's when we start kicking out the drunks. *giggles*
    I loved that line, and the whole pastry thing :D

I'm confused... what's wrong with Saché? ?[face_plain]

Oooo, a ball next? Sounds like fun :D

25. HandmaidenEirtae

HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2001
    Ooohh, the rings were such a good idea, Obischick. Our girls do deserve something for all their bravery. Icing...Pastries...ummm. ;) Padme's forcing Panaka to take a day off.... heheheh. [face_laugh] What's wrong with Sache? :eek: ?[face_plain] Waiting (im)patiently for the ball, Obischick..
    ~Eirtae