main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Handmaidens: Eirtaé's story ~*~*~*~*~Finished Sept. 26

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Obischick, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    WOW!! [face_shocked]

Angel_Skywalker Hi! I'm glad you like my story so much! Her mother really is awful!! :p But that is all resolved, for now! *shifty eyes* :p She'll become Ami's Handmaiden when Amidala becomes Queen...still a few posts away...I think. I can't remember. But no, the assitant isn't Sabe, she's still in school. It's just a random assistant!

DENNY! Thanks for the erm, compliment about my rambling. Sometimes I think it gets out of hand, but Eirtaé is a very analytical person. And drunk guys are stupid. Stupid guys are even stupider when they are drunk. ;) I had fun writing about this "underground society" of all the Naboo nobility?s children.

Princess Sari--if dev hadn't come along...well...bad things would have happened. [face_shocked] :( And I'm glad you liked Eirtaé?s questions. Although, she's not really going to change what she thinks. She's very set in her ways.

Thanks Sache8!! I'm glad you stopped by and that sweeping shot of Naboo really is gorgeous. When I saw it the first time, I was totally blown away.

Hi PadmeAmidalaNaberrie!! Wow you have a long name! :p can I call you PAN?? :p I hope you stick around!!

Okay, more story!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    My thirteenth birthday came during this period of silence between me and my parents. It was horrible. They knew it and I knew it, but they did nothing. The cook remembered, though, and when he brought a cake he made to my room, I burst into tears and locked myself in the ?fresher for a half hour, crying and sobbing. It is the worst feeling in the world, when your parents ignore your birthday. When I emerged from the ?fresher, Rissé was sitting on my bed, her golden red hair braided back into a bun.

?Happy Birthday, Taé.? She said with a soft smile.

I attempted to smile, and failed rather miserably. ?Not so very happy.? I said, sniffing.

She stood up and hugged me around my shoulders. ?Come on Taé, we need to get you out of here.?

I protested of course, but it was to no avail. She somehow managed to get me into my cloak and out the front door. We walked down the river and went to a small café, the Patona, which was quite popular with all the kids at school, and we sat and talked and listened to the live music. I was having a great time. I thought it couldn?t get any better.

I was wrong.

One of the songs ended and everyone clapped and cheered and then it got sort of quiet. I turned to Rissé.

?I wonder what they are doing.? I said to her over the babble.

Her cheeks went pink. ?Yeah, I wonder.? She said in an excited and trying to be curious voice.

I eyed her suspiciously. She didn?t seem very curious. ?Rissé.? I said in a calm but suspicious voice. ?What are you-??

?Happy Birthday toooooo You!? The glorious voices of a chorus of waiters sang from behind me. I froze. She didn?t, she couldn?t have!

?Rissé.? I said warningly. She grinned. She did.

?Happy Birthday toooooo You!? The waiters sang as the crowd started to sing along as well. My cheeks burned as I turned to the group of 20-some waiters who held a small cake between them.

?Happy Birthday deeaar Eirtaé!? They sang with enthusiasm. I scanned the crowd to see if there was anybody I knew. There was. Riv Jakeen, Joss Bibble and a cute blond guy sat in a corner of the café, singing along with the waiters. I saw Sabé Hirota in there with a girl who had black hair and I also saw half my Naboo Law class singing rambunctiously with the rest of them.

?Haaaaappppyyyy Biiiirrrthhhhdaaaayyy tooooooooooooooo Yoouuuuuu!? The entire café finished up, band included.

Three waiters kneeled in front of me, holding up a cake with thirteen candles on it, the percussionist in the band struck up a tense beat as I sucked in my breath and then, quickly, blew all the candles out. The café shook with cheers, applause and some cat-calls. I blushed; the waiters set the cake down on the table. I half glared at her,

2. Denny

Denny Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 29, 2001
    AAAAAACK! I HATE THESE HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE PARENTS!

Nice post though! Wooo hooo... she came!

No really Obichiquita, I have nothing against rambles, you should know that by now. Eirtáe is really analytical, and you've been dealing with that beautifully. I'm glad you adopted the 'Táe' nickname too, is so sweet, all the girls should be called like that! *grin*

I can't wait for your next post!

HUGGLES Denny

3. PadmeAmidalaNaberrie

PadmeAmidalaNaberrie Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    Oh no!! :p Not PAN!! Eck! I never noticed that... Well, OC you can just call me Padmé!

Epp! Poor Eirtaé! I HATE it when I get sung to on my Birthday... *especially* in public!

I'm so glad her mother accually cared!

Suddenly, it felt as if I was free. As if I had been let out of a cage.

Oh dear, I know all about that! Eventually the anger stops, no matter how badly you "hate" your mom!

hmmm... And what about that Dek boy?? Is love in the air??

-Padmé

4. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Well, I figured I'd wait 'til this was down a ways before replying so I could give it a real UP. :)

Wonderful post, as always, Obischick! I'm so glad that Eirtaé and her mom finally made up. That's so true to life, too. A fight seems to last forever with no end in sight, and then in an instant it's over. :)
    I like Eirtaé's thoughts on the dance, too, the way she isn't really all that into it, but she doesn't want to be left out of it either.

Can't wait to read more!!! :)

5. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    Sending this to the top! :)

6. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Denny- I hate horrible horrible parents too, unfortunatly, Eirtaé's got pretty bad ones. And if you liked Eirtaé's Analytical side before, get ready for a lot of it. Eirtaé has a very soap opera-ish life. I like the Taé nick name as well. :D

Padmé Welll, I won't call you PAN, as long as you don't call me OC. :p Eirtaé was very embarassed, and Eirtaé isn't the best at apologizing to people.

As for love in the air....let's just say the feeling isn't mutual....yet! MWHAHAHA!!! [face_devil] :cool: [face_mischief]

Princess Sari-Thank you so much!! Yes, that fight is out of the way, but who knows what will happen next?? (Dang it, where's the sneaky face?? :p ) I also figured that Eirtaé would be the type not to want to be left out, but at the same time, not want to waste time doing frivolous things.

Did that make sense at all??
    ps. thanks for the up!! :)

Okay, well, my smart half says "Don't post more now, you need to ration it out."

But when have I ever listened to my smart half??

Here's the story (be forewarned, it's a long one :D ):

Her name was Rabé Napola, and she and her entire family made me and my entire family angry. Father was upset because Cadwal Napola, Rabé?s father, was Mother?s ex-fiancée and because Duke Napola was a minor threat to father?s job. Duke Napola was held in high esteem in the Royal Court, and not only did he once own the largest import-export business on all of Naboo, but he was just returned from a twelve year ambassadorial stint on Ma?lacia, a neighboring planet where his wife was from. This posed a problem. Father loved his job, but Duke Napola was held in such high esteem, that virtually any job he wanted, it would be his. This made everyone at the Ministry nervous.

Mother was angered by their coming because Duke Napola was her ex-fiancée and by the fact that his wife, Adela Uchida-Napola, a very un-Naboo-ish woman if there ever was one, was the exclusive reason Duke Napola had called off the two-year engagement and the five year relationship. Mother was not looking forward to seeing either of them again.

I got upset because Rabé Napola totally and utterly ruined my entire life. She was the new girl, quiet and shy,
    but smart and pretty. She had a musical voice, when she actually spoke, which was rarely, and she took dance.

She was better than me.

She was the best in the entire class. She was now Madame Joualier?s pet, and the rest of us despised her because of it.

The rest of us, meaning, of course, Firenzé, Chellé, Danzé, Sofié, Lucé, Rissé and I. We sat in a corner, stretching and glaring at her, muttering things as she practiced by herself, with the bar.

?Look at that.? Firenzé glowered as Rabé practiced one of the harder moves. ?She can?t even do it right. She
    took one step to many, over spun on the last spin and her finish lacked grace.? We all glared at her with scowls on our faces, and part of my brain laughed at Firenzé, because she couldn?t do the work as well as Rabé was doing it. Firenzé was not very good at dance. We all watched as Rabé frowned to herself as she finished the routine and did it again, this time, perfectly.

?Her landing still lacked grace.? Firenzé sniffed, trying to save face. I rolled my eyes at Rissé, got up and started practicing. There was a competition coming up, and I wanted to get to the next class before then. I was at the tip top of Class B, and Class A was where I wanted to be. There were three openings, and I wanted one badly. Rabé would defiantly get one, hopefully the second on would go to me, and the third would probably go to Danzé or Lucé. I was hoping it would go to Rissé, but Rissé had already told me that at the end of this season, she was quitting. So, I practiced, I practiced, and I practiced some more.

It was three days later when Madame Joualier announced who would be moving to Class A. Rabé, Danzé and me. When her name was announced, Rabé smiled smugly an

7. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    That´s really great!!!!!
    Poor Eirtaé, I can imagine this ball must be very interesting and if this wouldn´t be enaough, her mother wants her to become friend with Rabe!! But I think they´ll become friends, right ;) ???
    More and more handmaiden are coming *smile*
    Can´t wait for more!!!

Angel_Skywalker

8. Denny

Aug 29, 2001
    I love what you're doing with this story. It's so analytical! :p

Is the Rabé you described the same from your Rabé story? Do they connect? I don't remember much of the beginning of the story...

anyways... I hate social meetings like this... they're so antagonic. It makes me wanna puke. People trying to sound better than they actually are.... disgusting.
    :D

Great story.

Denny

9. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    Great post, Obischick!
    I love the background story about Eirtaé's mom and Rabé's dad being engaged and how Quellé reacted when she knew she'd be seeing him and his family at the ball. [face_laugh]
    I feel sorry for Eirtaé being stuck in the middle though. Especially considering the way she feels about Rabé. [face_plain]
    The part where she was wondering why she was still hanging out with Sofié and Chellé cracked me up. I guess it's because I can relate to her frustration with their pointless games and intrigues. That kind of stuff drives me crazy after a while too. But I'm too wimpy to actually tell people that most of the time, so I loved seeing her do it. :D

Can't wait for more!!! :)

10. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Oh my god...arg! I just wrote a looooonnng response to you all and I just closed that window by accident!!! ACK!! I can be sooo stupid sometimes.

Okay...I'm okay.... :p

Angel_Skywalker-thank you so much!!! Eirtaé's mother is very socially oriented, so Eirtaé is used to going to balls like this...the poor girl. :p Yes, Rabé and Eirtaé will EVENTUALLY become friends, but things get worse between them before they get better. Sabé is the next to make an apperence, but that's not for a little while. ;)

Denny- Why don't we call her "Analyticallaé"???? :p That would be interesting....kidding!!

Yes, Rabé in this story is the same from Rabé in Rabé's story...it's hard writing it because Rabé makes Eirtaé look so terrible in her story, so making Eirtaé look like she's doing good in this story is difficult.

Did that make any sense???

Princess Sari- Eirtaé's mom and Rabé's dad have quite the past history. I will be expanding upon that in further posts...you'll see!! [face_mischief]

And Eirtaé hasn't gotten rid of those friends yet....

In the next post: Eirtaé gets insulted, rejected and she gets revenge!!! :cool: [face_mischief]

Stay tuned for more!!

~Obischick

11. Denny

Aug 29, 2001
    it's hard writing it because Rabé makes Eirtaé look so terrible in her story, so making Eirtaé look like she's doing good in this story is difficult.

Did that make any sense???

Yes, indeed. I remember. Rabé made even Sabé sound terrible. I think it's nice to clip both stories here, as difficult as it is, we know Eirtáe is not really bad.
    keep it up, :)

Denny

12. PadmeAmidalaNaberrie

PadmeAmidalaNaberrie Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    Good post Obischick! Did you write another Handmaiden story because I feel like I'm missing out on the bigger picture... :p

Up please!

-PAN

LOL! jk! :D

-Padmé

13. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    LOL Padmé!! Thanks for coming by and for you nice compliments. Yes, I did write another Handmaiden story, about Rabé, but it is so far back on the boards now, I'm not even going to attempt to find it...if you want me too, I will, but *shudder* that'll take a while... :p

Denny- I changed that part with Sabé by the way. I changed a LOT of things about my Rabé story once I was done writing it. There was this period of about two weeks after I finished Rabé's story and before I started Eirtaé's story where I just edited and edited. :p Now that was fun!!

Okay, more story!!!

The next day at school, Firenzé, Danzé, Chellé and Sofié all ignored me. Lucé and Rissé had taken my side. I didn?t care at all that they weren?t talking to me. In fact, I enjoyed not having to put up with them. I also decided, after talking to Lucé and Rissé during lunch, that I should not be afraid to ask Dek to the Mai Alai dance. After all, I was the undeclared Queen of the School, why would he say no?

It turns out, he had plenty of reasons.

It took me a week to gather up the courage to go up to him when he was by himself at his locker in between classes. I approached him confidently, I was nervous up until I took my first step towards him, then I threw my nervousness out the window and adopted my confidant posture and voice. I walked up to him, he looked over at me, then went back to rummaging through his locker.

Okay. I thought. I cleared my throat and he looked back to me. I smiled at him, wow he is cute. ?Hi.? I said. ?You?re Dek, right??

He nodded cautiously. ?That?s right.? He said slowly.

I stuck out my hand. ?I?m Eirtaé Bukuro.? He took my hand and briefly shook it, then went back to his locker. I blinked. This was not going the way I thought it would. I tried again. ?You know the Mai Alai dance is coming up, right??

?Uh huh.? He said in a preoccupied tone.

?Are you going to it??

His response was cautious and drawn out over several syllables. ?Maybe.?

?Are you going with anyone?? I asked in a, hopefully, nonchalant voice.

?Not that I know of.? He stated rather apprehensively.

I took a deep breath; this is the moment to ask. I toyed nervously with the chain of my necklace. ?Would you go with me?? I asked.

He took a deep breath and leaned his head on the door of his locker, then looked up and looked at me, confident and superior. I had a bad feeling about this. ?No.? He said lightly.

My heart plummeted, my breath rasped in my throat and the feeling you get right before you start to cry welled up in me, but I smothered it as quickly as I could. I regained control of myself, then asked, rather shakily, ?And may I ask why not??

He slammed the door of his locker shut, making me jump. ?Number one,? he ticked off on his fingers, ?you?re incredibly mean to people. Number two, you have a really snobbish, superior attitude that really is a turn-off, and number three, the only reason you want to go with me is because you think I?m good looking.?

Anger burned in my stomach.

?If I may be allowed to rebut,? I said stiffly, ?your looks are not the only reason I asked to you go with me, my attitude is the result of a rather harsh life that I don?t expect you to understand, and finally, the people you refer to deserved every last bit of my anger.?

He looked rather surprised. ?Who are you to decide whether they deserve your ill-favor or not?? He asked me.

I gaped at him. He smirked. I glowered.

?For your information, idiocy is the biggest illness in the galaxy. If you need to administer the cure, then you do just that.? I snapped.

?Being mean to people isn?t going to make them smarter.? He growled. ?And what was the reason??

I blinked. ?Excuse me?? I said short tone.

?Why did you ask me?? Real curiosity invaded his voice, and I forgot for a second that we were arguing. I started playing with my necklace again.

14. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    Here's the link to Obischick's other fic:
    Handmaidens: Rabé's Story

Wonderful post, as always, Obischick!

Poor Eirtaé. There she was expecting Dek to just say yes and he sure gave it to her. :(
    I can't blame her for being mad and plotting revenge, although I agree with Dev that the rumor about trading with Gungans went too far.

Oh, one little, picky thing I noticed: when she was giving it to Dek, I think you described her as having brown eyes. But doesn't Eirtaé have blue eyes? ?[face_plain] Or am I confused, which is very, very possible. :p

Anyway, I'm almost afraid to read the next post; how can her week POSSIBLY get any worse?! :eek:
    But I'm certainly not too afraid to beg for a new postie SOON!!!!!! :D :) :D

15. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    That´s great!!!!
    I can imagine that she feels bad!!!
    She had a very bad week!!!
    Ok, the rumor wasn´t nice, but hey this foolosh guy hurt her in an very unfriendly way and she´s only a girl, nobody can´t perfect!!!!

I hope for more soon!!!!
    BTW, how are you able to make so long posts, that´s a really nice idea ;) !!!

Angel_Skywalker

16. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Looks like our heroine has some major growing up to do. Good job, Obischick.

17. Denny

Aug 29, 2001
    let me add my praise for your post dear Obichiquita

I really admire you. This thing you do with your characters (meaning... George's) you dissect them to levels I don't feel capable of. Not with 14 y.o. characters. I wanted to make my Sabé TPM story go deeper into her life before the movie, but I couldn't. I think mostly because I didn't really remember what was like to be 14 in many ways. I wasn't a normal teen I think, part of the abnormality I am today is due to that :p So anyway, I made Sabé be kinda like me there. Not exactly a friend magnet.

But I loooove what you do here. The point where it interwines with Rabé's story is adorable! You're making Eirtáe a pretty likeable character, trust me, that's hard to do!

keep on rocking~!

Denny

18. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Yay!!! :D :D :D

You people do this amazing thing to me everyday. You make me feel soooo good about myself and my writing. Thank you so much!!

Sari-Yeah, Eirtaé isn't used to getting 'no' for an answer. :p

No, I don't think you're confused, I think I was. I made her have brown eyes because Amidala does, then I realized Friday "Liz" Wilson (or whatever her name was) has blue eyes. I thought I changed them all, but I guess I missed some. Sorry. :p My mistake, and trust me, there are a lot of those. :D

And you'll see how it gets worse. [face_devil] MWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Angel_Skywalker- Thank you so much. She is have a terrible, terrible week. I make such long post because I write a lot of the story before I start posting it, so I don't have to write it and then immdeietly post it. I have time to write a lot, then post a lot. :D :D I feel good and you readers like it, so everybody wins!!!

Sache8- Yes, Eirtaé thinks she's very mature, and she is, but she still needs to learn a lot about life and people and how NOT to offend them. :D ;) :p

My dear Denny- I am a VERY nitpicky person. You should know this by now. :D I think the way that I am able to write for the HM's so well right now is because I'm sorta near their age group, granted, I'm 17, and they're all 13-16, I have a younger sister that age, and it keeps me immature. :D

When Eirtaé and Rabé's story's connect. I like that too. I don't have to write much, I just copy and paste and edit!! :D :D

And I'll keep on rocken'!!

And since you people are so wonderful, here is some more!!

The next day, my locker was glued shut. I made a complete fool of myself trying to open it, and falling down on my rear on the floor. The janitor had to come and open it for me. It turns out if was glued shut with spaceship solvent. I was confused and angry. I immediately thought of Dek, and any sort of guiltiness was gone from my system. I was angry. I would never apologize to him now.

The next day, there was a rumor floating around that I liked Kal, the short, scrawny, quiet, smart kid who had fifty too many pimples and a million too few good-looking genes. I was mortified, and to top it off, Kal knew that I supposedly ?liked him.? Ugh. I thought I would throw up, and I set out to squash that rumor at once. Once I had my friends working on correcting the situation, I got around to thinking that Dek would never have thought of something so terrible. It had a certain feminine flair. A certain woman?s touch.

Rabé.

I almost groaned out loud when I thought of her. It was dead on target. It only made sense. She was getting me back for the insult to her family. Great. I thought to the Gods. Why don?t you just have Rabé and Dek join together and start a ?We Hate Eirtaé? club?

I thought I had seen the worst of it. I thought wrong. On the third day, a holo appeared on every single monitor of the school. It plastered all over the school until the Headmaster and the computer technician finally got it to stop. It was of me. I was laughing or something, but I looked terrible. It was the most humiliating experience of my life. I thought I would die. Dek smirked at me in the halls and Rabé had this insufferable expression of pure joy on her face. I would kill myself. It was the only way out. I hated them both. I was glad I had been so mean to them.

My first thought was of revenge, but I quickly squashed that. I would not stoop to their level, I was above all that. I would only kill what they had done. I would not start anything new. The pranks stopped for about a week, and I was confused. What was she waiting for? Had she stopped? What was going on?

I was walking through one of the more deserted halls one day during the quiet week, when I came across Rabé and one of her brothers. Natan, I believe, because I would remember Jayen. I remember guys who wink at me. Natan handed her something, and wa

19. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    Great post, Obischick!!

I feel so sorry for poor Eirtaé!
    Let's see, working backwards...
    I can definitely understand her wanting to get a higher score on the test; I was always obsessive about grades, too.
    I feel so bad for her with all these pranks and rumors! Rabé's point is interesting, though. Maybe each one was the work of a different person that feels Eirtaé insulted them in some way. It would be horrible to feel that many people disliked you that much. :(
    I'm proud of her for not retaliating, though. Good for her! :)

Can't wait to read more! I'm feeling nice and spoiled getting a new post every day. :D

20. Denny

Aug 29, 2001
    ack.... this is soo dramatic! :p

it's like the teen version of Days Of Our Lives or some mexican soap.... kidding. I wouldn't mean to offend you dear! ;)

Just school life sucks... I have terrible memories of it. And reading through this is too much for my head! I had to say something.... I love not been in school anymore. kids are cruel!

Keep on rocking :p

Denny

21. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Uggh. I despise standardized tests. Not learning, just standardized tests. Fortunately, I was already going to college at the same time I graduated high school so I was able to side-step the SAT's. I took the ACT but I don't even remember what my score was.

Kudos to Eirtae for her determination.

22. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    You lucky people you. A post a day. Don't get used to it...I'll probably have trouble posting around May 16th. I have a previous engagement. :D :D :D :D

Sari- Yeah, Eirtaé gets it rough sometimes. She's very obsessive-compulsive about how she does. She is a very ambitious person, and she knows she needs good grades to get to where she wants to go. And some of those pranks were by Rabé, the first three, but the others where by random people that were empowered by Rabé's revenge. [A sneaky face would go here, but we don't have one.]

Denny- A mexican soap!!! ACK!!! :p Kidding. I don't care. George called Star Wars a Space Opera which kinda sounds like Soap Opera, so...well, you figure out the rest!! Oh, Eirtaé had a good school life until Rabé came, but a writer doesn't write about the boring parts of the story!! :p Kids are cruel. I agree.

Especially litte sister type kids. Blech!

Sache8- I took my standerdized tests last year, and I am sooooo glad to get them over and done with. And one of Eirtaé's strongest traits is her determination. She is insanly determined and single-minded sometimes.

Okay, you spoiled people, here's another post.

Dev was over. We were going to go on a picnic in the highlands with Rissé, who had received a less-than-wonderful score on the Exams and was extremely depressed. This was our time to cheer her up. We were in the kitchen, it was mid-morning, and we were talking with the cook about the food we should bring when father burst into the kitchen. He had a wild look in his eyes and he immediately turned on the holonews panel that was on the wall.

?Daddy, what-?? I began to say.

?Hush child, watch.? Father cut me off. Dev, the cook and I all sank into bar stools and watched the holonews. It was carnage on Coruscant.

?This is Nali Termantis, live for Coruscant First News.? The reporter said as I watched the screen in disbelief. ?At approximately 9:20 this morning, roughly 10 minutes ago, Assassin droids attacked the plaza outside of the Senate Chambers?? My mouth dropped open as I tuned out the woman talking and watched the clips taken from Hovercam. I felt sick to my stomach as I watched the people running and screaming and beings falling to the ground, dead. My eyes
    caught one girl.

?Daddy.? I croaked disbelieving, as the girl cradled her dead father. Father and Dev looked to me, confused. ?Daddy, that?s Rabé and Cadwal Napola.? I whispered, pointing shakily to the screen.

?Well, I?ll be damned.? Father said, shocked.

Someone gasped from behind us and I had to tear my eyes away from the screen as father, Dev and the cook did the same. Mother stood in the doorway, a hand over her mouth, and tears in her eyes.

?Quellé,? father began, soothingly. Mother turned and ran up to her room.

Father went after her as Dev and I turned back to the screen to watch the carnage on Coruscant. A hotel exploded. More people dead. Dev and I sat side by side with the cook, watching in horror.

?Guess this means the picnic is off.? Dev whispered hoarsely to me.

Images of the hotel exploding flashed before my eyes. Green laser fire, Senate Guards in a flood of blue attempting to fight back, a young Jedi Padawan doing his hardest to protect everyone. I felt sick. How could something like this happen? How could we allow something like this to happen? The galaxy was civilized, was it not? ?I don?t know whether to cry or to throw up.? I said softly to him. He put his arm around my shoulders as he shrugged helplessly. So we watched, in shock and horror, for the rest of the day.

The next day, on the local Naboo news, we learned that Duke Cadwal Napola was dead, along with his wife, and three of their sons, Jayen, Rayel and Jonas. Dek, Joss and Riv wandered around town, their faces pale and filled with apprehension and grief. I, for my part, wore the same expression of sick horror as other people seemed to wear.
    However, people seemed to get over it q

23. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    These two posts were really interesting!!!!

I like the way how Eirtaé deals with thr rumors, you see she´s really smart ;) !!!

At least she got 97% ;) !! She has her dreams and fight for it, that´s cool.

I can´t wait for the moment, when she´ll become one of the handmaiden of the queen!

NEED MORE SOON !!!!

Angel_Skywalker

24. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    I didn?t know what this meant to our family, what it meant to the galaxy, and I didn?t realize that while this seemed like a big deal to a lot of people, that this kind of violence happens everyday on some planet to some person that probably did not deserve it.

I really liked that line, because it's something I've thought a lot about since 9/11. Tragedies happen every day and most of them never reach the news. It's a horrible thought, but I think it makes you more human and more compassionate to realize it.

Anyway, I loved it as always, Obischick! :)
    I think it's kind of funny that after everything Eirtaé had to say about her crush on Dek, her first boyfriend gets only a few paragraphs. Maybe that means there's more to her feelings for Dek than she'd like to think? ;)

I like the way she kept her mother's secret for her, even after all the difficulties they've had in their relationship.
    And good for her, getting a 97%!! Although she certainly worked hard enough--she earned it! :)

Can't wait for more!!! :D

25. Denny

Aug 29, 2001
    lovely post Chiquita.

ah things are changing... life's so fugacious.... ack.... ain't I poetic today?

UP!

Denny