main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Handmaidens: Eirtaé's story ~*~*~*~*~Finished Sept. 26

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Obischick, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Lady_Tahiri

Lady_Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2001
    *joins the ranks of the uppers* UUUUUUUUP!

2. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    ¡Y mi también!

3. Lady_Tahiri

Dec 23, 2001
    Gosh, I really hope when Obischick comes back she'll be sufficiently flattered by all the upping tp give us a nice long post.

4. Denny

Denny Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 29, 2001
    ah wonderful post Obichiquita. it really sucks to feel like that when you have to be at someone else´s house. It´s hard, you feel like you´re a problem all the time.

Hmmm... where did I heard the name Lucen before. Hmmmm? Taps finger on chin. :D

UP!
    Denny

5. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    WOWWWW o_O It's mind-boggling!!

Ack...to little time right now!! I am VERY flattered by all of you, and I promise, POST TONIGHT!! but, unfortunalty, my disk is at my dad's house, and I am at school. supossedly doing work. :p Whatever, Seniors don't do work. :D :D

See you all tonight!! (erm...my tonight, by the time on the boards, erm....about... 3-4-5 pm) yessss...

~Obischick

6. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    okay, third times the charm. I've tried writing this out to you guys THREE TIMES. i am going crazy.

just take the post, just take it...I'll respond to you individually when my patience comes back...

[Edit] Okay, lets try this again...

Angel_Skywalker- thank you so much!! Eirtaé does what she needs to do and yes, sometimes she does feel guilty about it.

Jedi_Cyana don't worry, the post is right here.....or is it.....here...or maybe over....HERE! Kidding! Here it is!!

flying_fishi-Lucen is a semi-majorish character, somewhat akin to Wedge or the HM's in the movie. Always sorta around, even if no one knows what he's doing.

Dormé-of course you're jealous of me.

Padmé!! You're back! I was worring about you! Rissè is a sweetie, even though she's not so very clever.

Thank you Lady Tahiri and Dormé!!

Wow, thank you twice Lady Tahiri!!!

Y muy gracias Saché8!!

As for the name Lucen, Denny, I think you know where it came from. *smug look* [/edit]

Sabé's in here somewhere for all you Sabé lovers!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I hurried up the stairs to the Palace, hoping no one would be bothered by the fact that I had a chronic lateness problem. I was wrong. Panaka greeted me at the stairs with a grim sort of expression. In other words, his normal one.

?Where were you?? He asked.

I hesitated, forming excuses in my mind at light-speed. None of them knew I was having family troubles, but all knew the reputation of my mother. ?Sorry Lt. My mother--she was blabbering and crying and-?

Panaka held up a hand. ?I get it. Run to the Queen?s chambers and fix her face.? I hurried off, holding back giggles at Panaka?s command to fix the Queen?s face. It had worked. I entered Amidala?s rooms to Sabé making a giant mess of the closet and Rabé trying not to jump around very anxiously.

?Sorry I?m late!? I said before any of them could say anything. ?My mother was blabbering and blubbering and generally being oversensitive and annoying and-gods-? I took Amidala?s hand and forced her to sit in front of the vanity, immediately doing her make-up. ?Thanks for getting this out Rabé, I came as quickly as I could, I swear.? I said, throwing in some frantic-ness into my voice.

?It?s all right Eirtaé; we?re all a little tense.? Rabé said as she shredded her fingernails to pieces. ?I?ll go get our dresses.? She said as if she had just thought of the greatest thing in the world. I nodded as I powdered Amidala?s face dead white. Rabé left the room quickly.

?I can?t find it!? Sabé wailed, standing knee deep in a pile of silk and chiffon and velvet. I looked up from Amidala?s face, which was doing it?s hardest not to smile. I sighed and went over to Sabé.

?Here, Sabé, remember, we put it in the other closet, so we wouldn?t go through this??

Sabé?s eyes widened as I bent to start picking up dresses. ?Oooooh.? She said. ?Stupid me! I remember. I?m just a little stressed.? She went over and got out Amidala?s dress, which was the exact one I had picked out for her coronation during the trials.

Sabé was technically in charge of wardrobe, but I manipulated her a little to pick that one. It was just too exquisite. Sabé laid the dress on a table and shooed me away from the pile of dresses on the floor. I went back to Amidala and had just finished her make-up when Rabé came back with three peach dresses and matching shoes.

?Here they are.? She called out.

?Good.? Sabé?s voice floated out of the closet. She stuck her head out. ?Lay them on the couch for now.? She commanded in an Amidala type voice as she pointed at the couch.

Rabé made a face at her. ?Yes mother.? She said in a faux obedient tone. Amidala and I snickered at that, then we both changed into our silken robes of state. Rabé did Amidala?s h

7. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    Coolies, Obischick, coolies. :D

8. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    Ok, I don't know how this happened, but somehow I missed an entire post! I was reading everyone's recent responses, and I'm going "Lucen? Who the heck is Lucen?"

Duh.

Oh well, double treat for me tonight (and backwards at that).

"Go to the queen and...fix her face." LOL! That's funny Obischick!

BTW Dorme, your sig is really great. Here's another one: "[gulp] Yes, Hermione. I think this is gonna be... exactly like wizard's chess."

And the ever classic:

"That was bloody brilliant!"
    "Oh, thank you for that assesment Mr. Weasley."

Yeah, this is my 300th post! Can you believe I've been on the tfn boards for over two years and I'm only at 300 posts? Of course, now that I'm a fanfic resident they come alot more quickly.

Sigh. Well thank-you Obischick for my mid-evening homework break. Back to the grind.

9. Lady_Tahiri

Dec 23, 2001
    Another great post! :D

UP

10. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    no problem!

chick

11. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Really great post !!!!

Sabe and Eirtaé are both cool!!!

She was disappointed not to be next to Palpatine???
    I can imagine worse things!! ( for example beeing close to him :) )

NEED MORE SOON !!!!

Angel_Skywalker

12. Lady_Tahiri

Dec 23, 2001
  13. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    Great Post Obischick!! :D

Loved these lines:

"...Me and you on my bed in the Palace have a little impromptu pajama party.?

"...and Rabé the quiet, foreign dancer.?

LOL!
    Perfect little conversation going there! ;) You know I still want more... :)

Saché8 thanks for your lovely compliment! I like your sig very much too! :D I love all of Ron's lines in the movie! He's so dern funny and cute! Well... that's my humble opinon at least! [face_love] [face_blush] tehe!

Here's another great line:

"I wasn't looking at its feet. I was more preoccupied with its head in case you didn't notice, there were three!"

Hehe! UPPPPP!!!! :D :D :D

-~Dormé~-

14. Denny

Aug 29, 2001
    lovely post chiquita. I love when they start with ´girl talk´ is so ´girlie´

UP

15. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    Now Dormé, I am not quite at an appropriate age to be putting lovey faces when I think of Ron, but I could spare a few for Sean Biggerstaff (aka Oliver Wood). [face_love] And to quote that illustrious Quidditch captain in book 3:

"McGonagall seemed to think I had my priorities mixed up. All I said was, I didn't care if you got knocked off your broom, as long as you caught the snitch first. And she acted like I said something terrible!"

Oh yeah, er..... good story Obischick!

:D

16. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    Tehe! Well Sache8 I am the appropriate age! [face_love] Tehe! Okay, maybe I'm just crazy... yes, I think we can all agree on that. Hmmm.. no weird and crazy... yes. It's funny, I seem to have an attraction to the loser side-kicks! No not Chewie! ;)

Wood... *sigh* is very cute though... :D Eeek! And his accent... :D Great quote you had there! Wood's so funny! Too bad he's only in 3 Harry Potter books. :(

Here's my little Ron quote for the day:

"It's Leviosa not Leviosar! She's a nightmare, honestly. No wonder she hasn't got any friends."

Tehe! He always makes me laugh! :) [face_blush]

Well, anyways, Obischick you know we still want more girlie! :p UPPPP!!!

*waves happily at Denny* Hola Dennycita!

-~Dormé~-

17. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Great post, Obischick!!
    Lol at Eirtaé being late! [face_laugh] Hehe, I'm late a lot, too. :p

I liked the camraderie between Eirtaé and Sabé there at the end. It made them both seem much more like the teenage girls they are, even though they're taking on a huge responsibility as handmaidens.

Keep up the great work and please POST MORE SOON!!!!! :)

18. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Ugh, I feel sick. But thank you all for the lovely compliments!! :) [face_blush]

I'll be back tonight with more story (hopefully) and a more detailed response!!

~Obischick

19. PadmeAmidalaNaberrie

PadmeAmidalaNaberrie Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    Uppp! More please Obischick! Your fic is great!! I love the girl talk! So cute!

-Padmé

20. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    So help me, Dormé, if you ever insinuate that Ron Weasley is a loser again, I might have to.... well it'd be drastic. I might not put [face_love] faces up for him but he is still my favorite character. True, he might be a little pathetic, but he's not a loser!!!! :::Saché8 cries hysterically:::

I can't believe I didn't think of that line myself! That's the one my brother and I say the most! And you need to get it right:

"It's Levioooosa, not Leviosaaaa."

Doesn't it just break your heart during the chess scene the look on his face when the Queen's coming towards him? That part gets me every time. I also love the way Hermione says "No you can't, there must be another way!" She says it soooo desperately.

Ah the seeds of young love...

Ron & Hermione forever!

Hope you feel better Obischick, and are able to post soon. Gettin' close to TPM! Woo-hoo!

21. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    *hacking cough* I'm okay, I'm okay. Uuuuuhhhh....

Flying_fishi, thank you very much! :) :D

Saché8- You missed a post? Oh, brother! *rolls eyes* Too busy with school work perhaps?? Happy 300!! *throws confetti*

Lady Tahiri- Thanks!! And up it is!

Lol, Angel Skywalker!!! That was funny!! It's hard writing about people who think Palpy's the best thing since sliced bread, but *shrugs* You gotta do what you gotta do.

Thank you again, Lady Tahiri!!!

Yes, Dormé, I liked those lines too!! :D

DENNY!!!! Thank you so much! I had a lot of fun with the "girly talk"!! :D :)

Don't worry, Saché8, as long as you mention Wood, I'm okay with the HP talk. [face_love] Wood....*sigh*

Hang onto your pants there, Dormé!! I'm getting to the story!

Sari!!! Lovely to see you again, and thank you so much for the compliments!! Eirtaé has a very bad sense of punctuality! :p

Thank you Padmé!! One post, coming up! :)

Now now, Saché8, no fighting. Yet. :D

Ack, onto story time now!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    The next week flew by extremely fast. Talking to Sabé helped me adjust better to the life of a Handmaiden, snd brought the two of us a little closer together. I spent my first day off with Dev, Rissé and Alexé. Dev had wanted to go boating, but I was rather violently against that idea. Boats don?t appeal to me much anymore. About five days after that, while I was on duty with Sabé as Amidala did the daily Royal Court routine, bad news was brought.

Amidala was just finishing up negotiating a resolution to a dispute over funding between Graf Zapalo, Dev?s uncle, and Hela Brandes, one of mother?s old friends, when Lucen, dressed in the full Security Guard regalia, hurried into the Throne room and whispered something in Lt. Panaka?s ear as he stood next to the Queen?s desk. Amidala watched with detached interest until Panaka blanched, which is rather hard for him to do.

?Are you sure?? He asked Lucen as Sabé and I watched with curiosity. Lucen nodded.

?What is it?? Amidala commanded. Panaka nodded to Lucen, who went rather pale at the prospect of talking to the Queen. He walked over to the center of the room, standing directly in front of her desk, saluted, then spoke.

?You highness, we?ve just had a critical report from Captain Magneta at Lord Veruna?s residence.? Amidala nodded slightly for him to continue. He gulped and forced himself to stare past the Queen as I regarded him with interest. What was wrong? ?You highness, Captain Magneta reports that the former King and his sister, the Lady Jakeen are dead.?

The Royal council all jumped or gasped or something to show surprise. My face was a blank mask, but inside I was confused. How had this happened?

?How?? Amidala asked calmly.

?I don?t know your highness. The Captain did not say in his report, and the officer on duty did not ask.?

?I see.? Amidala said neutrally. ?You are dismissed Corporal Rukan. Lieutenant Panaka.?

?Yes you highness?? Panaka asked, taking a step forward as Lucen left the room.

?This situation needs attention. Take a team and assist Captain Magneta in any way she needs it.? Amidala commanded.

?Yes your highness.? Panaka saluted and left the room.

Amidala turned to the council. ?Is there any other business?? No one said a word. ?Court is dismissed.?

Amidala said formally. The council all stood up and, murmuring, left the Throne room. Once gone, Amidala sighed and slouched a little. Then she straightened and stood up. Sabé and I stood at the exact same time. We exited the Throne room and went down the hall to Amidala?s real office. The one that she actually works from. She sat down behind her d

22. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    Yikes! I have confetti in my hair!

Ah, the ever classic bump-into-the-guy-you-like-in-the-hallway routine! Yesssss!

Not that it's ever happened to me. Sigh.

So Eirtaé's finally starting to do the right thing. Maybe not in the most tactful manner, but she's getting there.....

Yeah I'm pretty busy with schoolwork. One more week, and I'll be freeeeeee (and working on my story of course :) :)!!!!!!!

Also I'm in a play that's in its second (and final) weekend right now, so I'm away from home alot.

Good post Obischick!

23. Lady_Tahiri

Dec 23, 2001
    Nice to see that Dek isn't all bad. :)

No, now the post is UP. :D

24. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    ?My Gods!? He said, astonished still. ?It?s a miracle! Say it again.?
    [face_laugh]
    Great post Obischick! And thankyou for reading my dtory!

25. Denny

Aug 29, 2001
    lovely post chicks!

It´s nice to see characters grow. Táe´s definetely growing.

Denny