main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Handmaidens: Eirtaé's story ~*~*~*~*~Finished Sept. 26

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Obischick, Mar 12, 2002.

1. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    I don't blame Dek for being a little surprised at Eirtaé's apology there. Maybe now he'll realize she's not as bad as he evidently thought she was. [face_hopeful]

Great post, Obischick!! :)

2. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Interesting post!!

The whole szene about Dek and Eirtaé is cute [face_love] !

Sot the handmaiden come closer ;) !! Finally!

MORE SOON PLEASE !!!

Angel_Skywalker

3. PadmeAmidalaNaberrie

PadmeAmidalaNaberrie Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    Excellent post! Poor Eirtaé is *so* misunderstood! Dek was horribly funny!!

?It?s a miracle! Say it again.?

lol! I would have responded the *exact* same way to him if he said that to me!

Oh, and I very much like her sass! ;)

?You?ve got real good coordination there.?

More please! Uppp!

-Padmé

4. Adora

Adora Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    Wow, Obischick, I am truely impressed! This is a very, very, VERY, well done story! It's wonderfully in-depth! Most of the HM stories I have read just cover TPM, and really, nothing else. You have given Eirtaé a strong personality that suits her perfectly!

Please post more! I really can't wait to find out what's coming next!

~*Adora*~

5. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    ugh, I've got a cold. Yuck!

Okay, here we go!

Sache8, I've never bumped into a guy in the hallway either, but it sounded like fun!! so I made Eirtae do it. ugh, school can be very evil some/all of the time. :p

Lady Tahiri, No Dek isn't a bad guy, in fact, he's a very nice guy, one of Rabe's good friends, its just him and Eirtae got off on the wrong foot. :p :)

Glad you liked it, flying fishi!!! It was fun to write that dialoge because both of them have such quick wit!! And no problem for reading your story, it really is very good!!

Thank you very much, Denny :) !! Tae really is growing, she's becoming more, um, aware of things that she used to not be aware of. Hmm.. not making sense am I!! :p Oh well!! And you are very good a making characters grow!! Everyone go read Denny's Sabe stories!!

Obi-Wan and Sabe
    TPM Sabe story

Sari, yeah, Dek just had an epifany (sp??) about who excatly, Eirtae is. :D It all works out, I promise!

Angel Skywalker, yeah, that scene is very cute indeed!! And Sabe and Eirtae are becoming very close. Sache and Eirtae going to find things in commen as well. Yane and Sache ARE coming soon, I promise!!

Oh, Padme, Eirtae is misunderstood and Dek is hilarious!! He's one of my favorite non-movie-people-that-I-made-up characters!!

Welcome, Adora!! I'm glad you like my story!! Thank you so much!! [face_blush] [face_blush] And here is the next post!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

During the next month, there were a few unpleasentries we had to go through. Magneta had retired, and Panaka was made Captain. This was unpleasant because of the fact that with his new title, Panaka thought it would be fun to work us twice as hard. I hated working on Martial Arts and weapon practice. It was so vulgar. I couldn?t believe that anyone would want to make a machine solely for the purpose of killing people, which, of course, is what a gun is. I detested practice immensely.

Another unpleasantry was the fact that in a few die-hard Veruna factions, rumors where spreading that Amidala had secretly been behind Veruna?s death. There was no serious threat because the Anti-Amidala factions were few and far between, but Panaka decided it would be wise to add more Handmaidens to the Queen?s entourage.

The final unpleasantly was that mother kept sending me messages trying to get me to reconcile with father. I refused to say anything to him unless he talked or called me first. And unless he admitted that he was wrong about Amidala. Other than that, I would not speak to him.

I never heard from father.

Panaka assembled us one humid and rainy afternoon right before Mai Alai to introduce the two new Handmaidens to us and the Queen. The four of us gathered in the Handmaiden suite to await Panaka and the new arrivals. I curled myself up onto one of the cushy chairs, as Amidala maintained her Queen facade and sat regally in another chair even though she was dressed simply and wore none of her make-up. Sabé and Rabé sat on the couch, watching.

Panaka stepped in. ?Ladies,? he said, ?I would like for you to meet Saché Obaro from Soria, in the Ranchlands.? A slender young woman stepped into the room. She was older than the rest of us, with thick, dark brown hair and liquid brown eyes. She was very pretty, and she had a beautiful smile, although her clothes were slightly worn at the edges and had a more peasant look to them.

?Saché,? Panaka continued, ?this is Rabé, Sabé, Eirtaé, and Queen Amidala.? Panaka pointed to each of us as he said our name. We all murmured hello as she grinned jauntily at all of us and gave a quick curtsy to Amidala. Panaka gestured to her to move and she quickly hopped

6. JazzyJedi

JazzyJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2000
    Very good work, Obischick! :)

Sorry about the lack of detail in the review right now. Pressed for time here and I have to get ready to go to work. :(

I'll keep an eye out for more, though!

7. Denny

Denny Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 29, 2001
    aaack... lovely post chiquita... wait does that mean Sabé will be sleeping alone? :(

I don´t remember much of it from your Rabé fic :D

ah, you´re advertising me. well will you remove that ridiculous title from the Obi Sabe fic? I changed that a long time ago thank God. :p

Denny

8. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    Wonderful introduction, Obischick!! The Fab Five are finally all together! :)

It makes me so mad that people would think Ami is behind Veruna's death!! How wrong they are! :mad:

I'm glad that Eirtaé has found a friend in Saché. It's kind of interesting, considering that Saché's background seems very different from Eirtaé's, at least as far as money goes.

Can't wait for more, Obischick!! :)

9. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Yeah! Saché's here!

I loved it Obischick. I really like your explanation of why the other two were added.

I actually mentioned the bump-in-the-hallway thing because it seems to be a recurring theme in the Jaina/Kyp stories, no matter who the author, which is something I always thought was really strange.

But don't worry, I didn't think your's was unoriginal. Obviously, I liked it very much. Anyway, in none of those stories is Jaina ever carrying a huge stack of papers ;)

Is Kaserta another planet or a town on Naboo? I just thought it was kind of funny, because the Caserta palace in Italy is where they film the palace scenes for the movies.

10. Lady_Tahiri

Lady_Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2001
    You just keep on whipping out awesome posts! Loved the last couple of lines, glad to see Eirtae's making a friend - and they're very descriptive of me, too ;).

11. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Hey Jazzy!! Thank you very much!! Don't worry, I understand being pressed for time and such. Just the fact that you posted to tell me you like it is good!! :D

Yes, Denny, Sabé will have her own room. And as you can see, I changed the title. What are you calling it now??

Thank you VERY much, Sari!! Eirtaé and Saché are from very different backgrounds, but I think ALL the Handmaidens are similar in many ways, so they all can become such great friends. :)

As for bumping into hallways, Saché8, I don't read many Jania/Kyp or Jaina/Jag stories, so my only inspiration are wonderful shows like Friends and the such. :p :D

Kaserta is a city on Naboo, I first found out about it in the Secrets of Naboo RPG Source book. I ran across that book while I was writing my Rabé story, and it really is a good resource. So I bought it. :) And the fact that Caserta is where they filmed some Naboo scenes makes it all the more fun!! ;)

Thanks much, Lady Tahiri!! Yes, the description of Eirtaé and Saché's bedroom is much like my own as well!! [face_blush]

Okay, I was going to save this for tommorrow, but then I realized that I probably am not going to be able to come on tommorrow, (DMB concert!! :D :D ) so here it is now!! kinda short, but fun!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was about a week later when I turned fifteen at last. I half wanted to take the day off and go have fun with my friends, but I couldn?t. Amidala had a big meeting, and needed all five of her handmaidens to dually impress everyone. Four of the six Governors of Naboo were there, as well as some of the Ministers which included Dek?s father, Rissé?s mother and my father. I was nervous. I didn?t want to see him again.

Amidala first met with the Governors. Bibble, the Over-Governor, Tolik from Kaserta, Zeroff from Oxon, and Polan from the Ranchlands. The Trade Federation, which supplies the Naboo with offworld resources and technologies, was raising their taxes. Extremely high. It was very insulting to think that they believed we would go along with it. Naturally, all the Governors did was ?debate? and ?discuss? the matter, so eventually Amidala sent me to get the three Ministers from an adjoining room, so that we might actually get some work done.

I swept into the room where all three of them sat, quietly talking and chatting amongst themselves. I smiled cordially at them, although they could barely see it with my large hood.

?My lady, my lords, her highness bids you to join her and the Governors.? I said graciously. My father?s eyes narrowed suspiciously as Ministers Rukan and Trenerem-Ser got up to follow me into the Throne room. I could feel my father?s accusing and angry eyes on my back, and it was slightly unsettling. It was unnerving, to realize that he was still angry, after these three months.

When we reached the Throne room, I announced them and sat back down in my seat on Amidala?s right. I spent the whole time watching my father, who was polite and candid and intelligent and witty the whole time. Only I knew that he disliked my Queen, only I knew that he trusted her as far as she could throw him. It sickened me.

That night, I had almost forgotten about my birthday until I got back to my room. Waiting for me on my bed was a small package and a holo message from mother. I pushed play and a quarter sized image of my mother sprang to holographic light. She smiled at me.

Hello my dear. No, I haven?t forgotten your birthday. You?re fifteen, and I?m very proud of you. I miss you so much, but I know that you are happy with what you are doing. I just sent you this to let you know that I?m thinking of you, and that I love you and I?m very proud of my Handmaiden daughter.

It was all I could do from running out the Palace and to my house to give her a hug. For the first time in three months, I found myself missing my mother immensely. The holo pow

12. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    Geez, that's the second time her friends have got the better of her on her birthday! You'd think she'd start to learn. And I love Saché!

Have fun at the concert!

(Sigh). I am now officially banning myself from not only writing my story, but checking these forums too. Last two days of finals. Crunch time. See y'all in a couple!!

13. Lady_Tahiri

Dec 23, 2001
    Oh, isn't that sweet. [face_angelic] Wish I had friends like that. Dev, Risse, and Alexe officially rock!

14. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    I'm so glad that Eirtaé's mother is still supporting her, although her father is still angry. :) :(
    And I'm glad she has friends to cheer her up and take good care of her!! :)

15. Denny

Aug 29, 2001
    absolutely lovely, Emma!

I just soo love Saché! LOL

UP!

16. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Great posts!!

How could I missed one of them?

I like the way you introduced Sache and Yane, now they all are together!! :)

She didn´t tell anyone about her birthday, that´s typicles Eirtaé ;)

Shje climbed out of the window :D that´s cool!!

She has fantastic friends :)

NEED MORE SOON !!!!

Angel_Skywalker

17. Jedi_Cyana

Jedi_Cyana Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    GREAT STORY!!!

What about Eirtae's father? What happened to him????

18. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Ack!! So much to do!!

Saché8- Eirtaé doesn't think much of birthdays, so she keeps forgetting her friends do!! :p

They do rock, Lady Tahiri!! I love them so much! They are so much fun to write!! :)

Thank you Sari!! I think that this fic could be classified as "torture" if she didn't have those friends!! :p

I love her too, Denny!! :p LOL!! :D :D

She really does have great friend though, Angel Skywalker, although I have yet to think of HOW the heck they got into the Palace gardens!! :p :D Oh well, doesn't matter!!

thank you so much Jedi Cyana!! Her father is angry at her badly!! He thought about disowning her, but *shrugs* that's not gonna happen!

Story time!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was about a month later when Panaka called us down to the Gym. Instead of our normal training, he and Lt. Aloian stood in the center of the room with a rack of wine colored velvet clothing.

The next thing I knew, I was standing in a lift, wearing the ?battle outfit,? my hair was braided tightly down my back. I looked ready for action, but I didn?t feel it. I felt a little ill as the lift took us down three levels. Wait, you can?t go down three levels, you can only go down- My jaw dropped as the lift doors opened to a huge, cavernous room. Two. You can only go down two levels. Or not. The room was four by ten kilometers at least. I gasped in amazement. How did they get this down here? I turned to Amidala, who wore a look of shock. And how did they keep it secret from the Queen?

We stepped out of the lift and walked to the railing. Catwalks crisscrossed the ceiling and in the middle of this huge room was a replica of a small Naboo village, much like Peoria.

?Nice to know I can still surprise you, ladies.? Panaka?s voice floated through my head. Amidala suddenly turned to him, her eyes flashing, but I grabbed her arm. Aloian hung at Panaka?s shoulder. He didn?t and couldn?t know about her second identity.

?This way please.? Panaka said as he walked down a narrow staircase. ?Aloian, activate the droids.? Wait. Droids? What droids? What were we doing anyway?

?Yessir.? Aloian said with a salute as he slid past us, running down and across the catwalks. Panaka talked as we walked.

?You will each be given a blaster with a powerful stun capability. That way, if you accidentally hit another handmaiden...? He grimaced. ?See to it that scenario doesn?t happen.? We nodded and reached ground zero where Aloian and Corporal Janassen waited by a small table at the edge of an ?alleyway?. On the table were six slender royal pistols. Each of the pistols had the short barrel on and a bulky silver lump was attached to the top of each. I made a face. I didn?t like this. I don?t like guns. I folded my arms across my chest and hung at the back of the group.

Saché, Rabé and Sabé all stood eagerly in the front. I didn?t understand how they could enjoy this so much. Panaka was making us automated killers. I didn?t want to be that. I didn?t want to shoot people. I didn?t want to end lives. Yané came up to me and gave me a small, but encouraging smile. I sent her a tight, but slightly nauseous grin in return.

All three of our instructors grabbed two pistols and handed them out. Aloian gave me and Yané guns and patted us our shoulders. He knew that out of all of the handmaidens, we hated guns the most. Sometimes I wonder about Yané. She?s so sweet and unassuming. How did she end up friends with Rabé?

I held the gun out at arms length, appalled that I was actually touching the horrid thing. Amidala noticed and came over.

?I know you don?t like it, Eirtaé.? She said quietly.

?Marvelous revelation there.? I muttered bitterly. Again, why was I doing this?
    ?However, it is a useful skill, and I just want you to know that I appreciate your tolerance a lot.? She said, ignoring my remark. ?Please, just do this for me.?

I scowled. ?Fine.?

Padmé smiled a sunny smile at me. ?Good.? Panaka cleared

19. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    Very good, Obischick :)

She's really going to appreciate it later....

Oh, wait! I hope I didn't give anything away ! :eek: :p

20. Denny

Aug 29, 2001
    ack Eirtáe doesn´t realize what her job involves? LOL

great post Emma! UP

21. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    I can definitely relate to Eirtaé's feelings about learning how to shoot and kill people; I wouldn't like that much either.
    But Saché makes a good point--the hms aren't learning it so they can go out and kill people, only so that they can protect Ami if necessary.
    I bet Taé will be relieved during the Battle for Naboo when she only has to shoot droids and not people, though.

Great post, as always, Obischick! :)

22. Lady_Tahiri

Dec 23, 2001
  23. JazzyJedi

JazzyJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2000
    I really like this installment, Obischick! Very good depiction of the training and the relationships. I had Eirtaé in a similar mood about the whole gun thing. It's nice to see that there is common ground that we can all draw from.

Go Saché! :)

24. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I really like the bond between Saché and Eirtaé. Love the training room scene, too!

25. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    Hey Obischick, hurry up and graduate, finish this story and then you can write Saché's!!!!

(Just kidding. Savour your graduation as long as possible and milk it for all its worth. Congrats, btw!)