main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Handmaidens...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by BlindMan, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlindMan

BlindMan Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2001
    How many were there, and what were their names? I'm thinking of doing something with them...

(And get your mind right out of that gutter! :) )

:) Blind Man

2. FurryDuck

FurryDuck Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    There were 5; their names were Sabé, Rabé, Saché, Yané, and Eirtaé.

3. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Grr, you beat me too it! I had JUST looked it up to confirm Yane's name, and you'd already posted. Darn.... 8-} I get upset easily.

4. FurryDuck

FurryDuck Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    *Gives Jacinta an "I'm Special" teddy bear and back away slowly...

5. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Yup. Eirtaé, I believe, was the only one with blonde hair. Sabé was the queen's decoy, and Yané was the youngest, Rabé...oh, heck. Let me post their profiles from TF.N's encyclopedia.

~~

Sabé
    this young Naboo woman was very similar in appearance to her Queen, Amidala. Sabe' served as one of Amidala's handmaidens, but also played a more important role. Like the other handmaidens, Sabe' was chosen by Captain Panak for her strength, loyalty, and resemblance to Amidala. As part of carefully maintained ruse, Amidala often wore elaborate clothing and make-up in public. This tended to mask her actual appearance somewhat. In times where the Queen's safety was at risk, Sabe' would take the Queen's place, dressing up in the clothing and make-up and acting as the Queen herself. Amidala, meanwhile, would assume the role of Padme Naberrie, another handmaiden. The pair had also worked a method of covert communication that they could use whenever Sabe acted as Queen and had to answer important questions. Thus, the deception was nearly flawless to anyone not familiar with Naboo. Sabe' was portrayed by Kiera Knightley in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace.

~~

Rabé

this young Naboo woman served as one of Queen Amidala's loyal handmaidens. Like the other handmaidens, Rabe' was chosen by Captain Panaka for her strength, loyalty, and resemblance to Amidala. Rabe's main skills were in weapons and persuasion, and she was also very good with makeup. It was Rabe' who was often responsible for the elaborate hairstylings worn by the Queen. When young Anakin Skywalker came to say goodbye to Padme' on Coruscant, it was Rabe' who allowed him in to see Queen Amidala. Rabe' as portrayed by Christina da Silva in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace.

~~

Eirtaé

this young Naboo woman served as one of Queen Amidala's loyal handmaidens. Eirtae' was born to wealthy parents in a remote, river valley town, and was no stranger to the life of luxury led by Queen Amidala. In fact, Eirtae' knew a great deal about court protocols, and often instructed the other handmaidens - as well as Queen Amidala herself - on the ways of the palace. Like the other handmaidens, Eirtae' was chosen by Captain Panaka for her strength, loyalty, and resemblance to Amidala. Eirtae' was also a keen observer, and often spotted danger to the Queen before it became a real threat. Eirtae was portrayed by Friday Wilson in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace.

~~

Saché

this young Naboo girl served as one of Queen Amidala's handmaidens. Like the other handmaidens, Sache was chosen by Captain Panak for her strength, loyalty, and resemblance to Amidala. Of all Amidala's handmaidens, Sache and Yane were the youngest, and were left behind when the Queen traveled to Coruscant to petition the blockade of Naboo by the Trade Federation. Sache as portrayed by Sofia Coppola in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace.

~~

Yané

this Naboo girl was the youngest of Queen Amidala's handmaidens. Like the other handmaidens, Yane' was chosen by Captain Panaka for her strength, loyalty, and resemblance to Amidala. Yane' and Sache', being the youngest of Amidala's handmaidens, were left behind when the Queen traveled to Coruscant to petition against the Trade Federation's blockade of Naboo. Yane was portrayed by Candice Orwell in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace.

~~

Hope that helps. :)

6. BlindMan

BlindMan Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2001
    Thanks, all! Very helpful... :)

:) Blind Man

7. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.