main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN Happy 10th Anniversary, CHATTOOINE!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Vesper2112, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    [​IMG]

Whoo hooo!!! 10 years!! Where has the time gone? On September 29, 2004, we officially became part of FanForce after we had our third official meeting. It all started two weeks before when a small group of us planned to meet up at Sir Goony's mini-golf/arcade. When we arrived, we found out they were having their haunted house meeting (they do a clown-based haunt there every yer). So we were turned away. The bad thing was, this was when the remnants of Hurricane Ivan was coming through, so we were getting buckets of rain dumped on us. So we ran over to Ankar's Hogies!

[​IMG]

Our first BIG event was for Episode III. We went big with that one for the midnight premier. We had costuming (of course... that's just what you do for these things), but we also had some Star Wars game demos (Star Wars miniature battles and Attacktix were the big things out at the time). We also arranged for Best Buy to come out and project the Episode III video game on the side of The Rave theater's wall. We ended up being there all weekend doing our video game tournament and lightsaber battles before each screening which all culminated in our costume contest Sunday afternoon.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (This was when there were actual lines to get into the theater... Ah... the good old days...)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The manager of the theater loved it so much that he arranged for us to watch a midnight showing of Serenity before everyone else. The Rave has since become Carmike, but we still meet there every 2nd Monday of the month at 6:30pm in the party room (the pic you see above). With Episode VII coming up next year (and all the movies afterward), we've got a lot of good times ahead of us and this is a great time to hop in and join the madness!

Here's to the next 10 years!

2. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Happy Birthday!

Look at those kids in that first pic

3. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    Yeah... I was on the tail end of my extreme Atkins diet, so the difference between then and now is... striking (or appalling). "If I lose weight by having 20 carbs, imagine how much I could lose if I did 10... or zero!". Yeah, way extreme. It works... no doubt there, but I got pretty sick by doing it.