main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Haptic Feedback in Black (and a Trenchcoat): The PlayStation 5 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Boba_Fett_2001 , Oct 8, 2019.

1. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    BigAl6ft6 and Jedi Ben like this.
  2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    YES! I mean, I already have a 4K Blu Ray player because the PS4 doesn't have on (not even the Pro!). But I am really glad they actually included THEIR OWN TECHNOLOGY in the PS5 :p

Oh yes, and it's officially called the PS5. Which I'm very glad about. Don't follow X-Box down the road of no naming conventions.

Ray tracing at the GPU level... yum.

Haptic feedback on the controllers... I don't care. Maybe for VR I would use it. But blech, I already hate rumble and always turn it off :p

Jedi Ben likes this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm more excited about the backwards compatibility than anything else. Just have Sony confirm that I can load up ALL of my PS4 physical disks on the new console and I'll gladly put it up for pre-order. And of course reassure me that my PS4 digital game downloads (and saves) will be transferred over and playable as well.

4. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    But will it run Crysi... I mean Doom?

FatBurt, ZanderSolo and solojones like this.
  5. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah I want to know that all my digital PS4 games will work on the PS5. And I'm reaaaally hoping that they've somehow found a way to make PS3 games work on it, too. Please? I still need to play Arkham Origins and they're apparently not revamping that one.

6. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    If the PS5 lets me play the Metal Gear Remastered saga AND Revengeance, I will be happier than a pig in muck.

I've been playing Revengeance on PS Now, and every time I just get into the pace of the action the frame rate drops because Sony's streaming service is still pants.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    That is a genius move. I knew getting a 4k HDR TV was a good move.

Now for backwards compatability with superfast load times.

8. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    PS4 backwards compatibility has already been confirmed.

FatBurt and Jedi Ben like this.
  9. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I just haven't heard whether it'll apply to your digital games library though.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The PS5 discussion probably deserves its own thread at this point now that we have official info so I've split off the posts from the Forceboat.

12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    YEEEAH IT'S HAPPENING

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm intrigued by the adaptive triggers. Seems like an evolution of the GCN controller's analog triggers- and those made for some great control experiences.

14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I wonder how integral the haptic feedback will be for games. Because as I stated, I don't like rumble... but maybe this will be different? More subtle, I hope.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm assuming it'll be on par with the HD Rumble of the JoyCon, so it can translate more sensitive information for immersion. Going by that article it's something they've been working on for awhile and almost introduced it as a PS4 Pro feature but didn't want to split the PS4 userbase with games that utilized it.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  16. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Excited for next holiday season, but more for Scarlett.

PS has good exclusives so i’ll pick this up, but probably only after the Slim model comes out a few years later.

Hopefully in white or gold again.

17. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    What makes you more excited for Scarlett, might I ask?

18. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    Project xcloud ( i think is the right name?). Turning my xbox on in the living room and playing it in bed on my phone. Mostly due to cramped living conditions atm with only 2 tv’s available for 5 people. Aaaand i just researched it and i guess we don't even need a xbox for it. Shame on me.

I could stream to my pc already but it tends to make the room hotter even with liquid cooling.

Also why i currently love the switch more than my ps4

Xbox game pass is, imo, superior to psnow. There are very few games for xbox i will need to buy over next several years, sans nintendo or 3rd party titles.

Still excited for ps5, but waiting for a price drop is necessary if i want it. Im honestly debating selling/ trading in my ps4 now since ps5 has BC. If they confirm digital purchases are BC from ps4 idk why i would keep it. Only games on it i haven't played that i want to are God of War. Was going to get a couple jrp’s like Tales of Arise/ Digimon survive but why pay full price if i can wait a few years and play it for 10 bucks on a better console.

19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Playstation 4 streams to your phone too :p

20. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007

*visibly panics*

Uhhh you triggered my trap card- come forth Gears and Halo ( not you Halo 5).

If Horizon Zero Dawn 2 is a launch title I'm going to be really torn between PS5 and Scarletts Halo Infinite. Especially since i wouldn't have to buy halo. But man Horizon is my fav current gen new ip.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  21. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    It's ok, the PS4 streaming to your phone thing was limited to Sony phones until this most recent update just a few weeks ago. So that's a pretty new thing (I just have a Sony tablet so I've always been able to stream to that, not that I ever use this because I have another PS4 in my bedroom. I've only used it on vacation to check into Destiny to pledge to New Monarchy from my hotel :p).

But yeah, I would highly suspect the next Horizon game will be a launch title. I hope so! It's amazing. And remember that you won't need a Scarlett to play those X-Box "exclusives"... just a good PC ;)

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I mean, I'm gonna get a PS5 at launch no matter what. But this is exactly what I was worried about, that I'll have to keep my PS4's plugged in as well.

I mean this is a huge problem for an ongoing game like Destiny. If it won't run on PS5, that's really gonna mess things up.

24. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Judging by the tweet in that article, Sony want full backwards compatibility for the PS5. They're just waiting for the console's dev team to confirm PS4 games can run on the new architecture before publicly committing to anything.

Even if it doesn't launch with full bc, I can imagine Sony doing what Microsoft did this gen and patching it in post-launch through a glorified emulator.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Just awaiting the UK price then I'll look into whether I actually buy one at release or wait for a year or so again.