main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Haptic Feedback in Black (and a Trenchcoat): The PlayStation 5 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Boba_Fett_2001 , Oct 8, 2019.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Well they're used so you can jump or reload without taking your thumbs off the sticks. But I am just not at that level either.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    That sounds cool, but I can't see myself pulling it off.

3. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Yeah, I'm still kind of operating at the level of:

"Bumpers and triggers?!"

[​IMG]

Jedi Ben, darkspine10 and solojones like this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Sony's graphics designers hard at work.

darkspine10 likes this.
  5. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Was anyone really expecting a drastically redesigned logo when they've basically been using the same branding since the Playstation 2?

[​IMG]

I'm more interested in the hardware and price point than I am the branding, but at least Sony's branding has always been consistent and easy to understand, rather than a confusing mess.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  6. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I mean, it is what it needs to be. I don't want some insane naming convention.

Chewgumma and Jedi Ben like this.
  7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Er..... No?

8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I think the logo style works as well with a 5 on the end as it has with any of them and better than it did with the 4 actually. Just in terms of being elegant.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I know there was a thought that they might do something different to avoid "PiSS" jokes, what with the one dev kit looking like a roman numeral "V". Of course, they already used PSV for Vita, so if that was a concern they should have thought that one through better ;). But they've made the S and 5 distinct enough that I don't think it'll be an issue.

10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    No Playstation at E3 again.

11. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm all shocked and stuff.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Perhaps they’ll be able to surprise you again- so that you’ll then be dual shocked.

Nobody145, solojones and Ramza like this.
  13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    [​IMG]

tom and The2ndQuest like this.
  14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    It's not as if Sony needs to build hype right now. They're releasing FFVII: Remake in March and TLOU2 a little later; I'd say they're set for at least the first and second quarter for the year.

15. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    The ESA's statement on the matter is pretty much a textbook example of why E3 is rapidly becoming irrelevant:

*Extremely a human being voice* "Exhibitor interest in our new activations is gaining the attention of brands"

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Chewgumma, solojones and heels1785 like this.
  16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah I don't blame Sony for not going. They want to be able to have their own events and their own news cycle, not share it with everyone else. And E3 kinda sucks now anyway.

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Surprise! FFvII: Remake delayed til April! (and Avengers until Sept).

Dualshock!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Does literally anyone care? :p

Chewgumma likes this.
  19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I care :(

I mean, it won't mess with anything to have it delayed until September though. I definitely wanna play that Avengers game though. Looks cool.

I am rather miffed about FFVII remake, though. Everything was planned out perfectly: a month for FFVII, a month for Cyberpunk, a month for TLOU2. But nooo, they had to go and screw that up. Now I've pre-ordered all these games but won't have time to play them all in a timely fashion :( What am I supposed to do?!

Jedi Ben likes this.
  20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Ok, I'm vexed about the FFVII Remake delay. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

That's the only game I've placed on pre-order in about a decade or so; and that order was placed on Amazon back in June. With the baseball season starting towards the end of March this year, I was hoping to get in a good chunk of playing time in the evenings after watching the news for awhile; but now that's out the window. Eh whatever. It's not like I had plans on getting any new games this year anyway.

Strange though that, as of now, my Amazon pre-order still shows the March 3rd release.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I imagine, since they've just announced the delay, that it hasn't disseminated through all the retailer systems yet.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I wonder if the delay had anything to do with the leaked footage. Apparently there were some complains circulating around (not that I even wanted to pay attention to them).

23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    There are always complaints circling about everything from fans :p

Personally I am usually all for delays when it means polishing the game more and maybe giving staff a little less crazy crunch time. In this instance, I just think the timing really sucks because of Cyberpunk.

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Yeah I just noticed that; VII: Remake will now be released within days of the new Cyberpunk game. Not that when a game is released in relation to another necessarily has any effect. This isn't like a movie whose initial box office sales are scrutinized more than any other.

25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    No but it does make it where they're in direct competition, whereas before they weren't. A week probably isn't near enough time to play though FFVII before Cyberpunk comes out. To be honest, I will probably play Cyberpunk first.