main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Haptic Feedback in Black (and a Trenchcoat): The PlayStation 5 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Boba_Fett_2001 , Oct 8, 2019.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    That's before online discount too!

I expect these 'free upgrade to PS5' offers to be time-limited, they won't do them forever, but while they do, let's cash in.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  2. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Well, I sure am glad Sony took for-god-damn-ever to finally announce that they had finally settled on the price that was basically always going to be the price and that has been routinely predicted as the probable price for months now.

I mean, now that it's out there . . . why the agonizing and hand-wringing? It was always going to be 500 dollars. Why the **** could they not say that six months ago?

Jedi Ben and solojones like this.
  3. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Have they noted anything about the PS Plus games collection also being on ps4?

I haven't been able to find anything on it, but i have ps plus and if they are automatically putting god of war on it that would be great.

If they put those ps4 games only on ps5 ps plus subs that would suck.

4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    No, it's only on PS5.

5. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    By the way, if this thread title is a reference to the song Back in Black, I only got that today.

6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Base have confirmed they will be couriering PS5s, email offer of order goes active 25 Sept.

If I get offered one, I'll bag it and axe the Amazon one.

solojones likes this.
  7. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Question for the group -- what's up with the Castlevania series? I played Lords of Shadow (1) and 2 for the PS3 back in 2014 and I see on Wikipedia that were was a mobile game called "Grimoire of Souls" released in 2019. I've heard nothing, good or bad, about that game. I never played Mirror of Fate as I read horrible reviews and never got around to it.

I do remember enjoying the Lord of Shadow titles, but I don't own them as I borrowed them from a friend. I could purchase LoS 2 on the Playstation Store for $40 or a physical PS3 copy for $30 if I wanted. Curious why LoS (1) isn't in the PS Store. Maybe its a licencing issue with Kojima Productions. I digress.

It feels like maybe we'll get another reboot soon?! Think we'll get a Castlevania title for PS5?!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    With Microsoft buying Zenimax I hope to god they don’t make Elder Scrolls and Fallout an Xbox exclusive

Jedi Ben likes this.
  9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I think multiplayer will decide it away from console exclusivity.

10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    They probably will, although I hope ESO is safe since they have people already invested in that and it's an existing game...

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think ESO and 76 will both be safe. As they were already established.

If fallout becomes an exclusive it might mean I get a PC finally.

12. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Insomniac has confirmed that the PS5 remaster of Spider-Man will be a digital only release. Also, PS4 saves will not be transferred.

13. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah I saw that. Which is fine because I want to start the game over anyway.

14. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    PS5's seem to be coming back in stock, at least in the UK. I was just able to pre-order one from Amazon without any difficulty.

Amazon Link

EDIT:
    Aaaand it's gone.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    solojones likes this.
  15. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    So I finally started uncharted 4 and I have to say this game is sunning in the Visual department!

16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    It is, but Lost Legacy exceeds it that bit more.

darthcaedus1138 and PimpBacca like this.
  17. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    And then TLOU2 even more. But yeah Uncharted 4 looks stunning. More importantly, the story is great.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    They can deny it all they want but Uncharted 5 on PS5? Be more surprised if it doesn't happen.

19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Oh there will be one. But Naughty Dog won't be making it, it will be another Sony studio, probably San Diego.

20. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I didn't care for Uncharted 4 which was a shame. I loved the first three, but that middle third in Madagascar and particularly the bits with Sam going around some small islands on a boat were so damn tedious.

21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The signposting was weak in those sections - it looked lovely, but just tell me where I'm supposed to.

Damn it Sully, I'm an adventurer, not a map reader.

22. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I'm always stunned by what Naughty Dog is able to get out of Sony's consoles at the end when I think I've seen everything it has to give. They just push it that extra bit and it's like it's next gen again.

solojones likes this.
  23. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  24. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I read that Sony is cancelling some pre-orders with retailers. Did it affect anyone?

25. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I've not had anything through. Currently I'm still on for 19/11