main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Haptic Feedback in Black (and a Trenchcoat): The PlayStation 5 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Boba_Fett_2001 , Oct 8, 2019.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    PS3 might just about do OK, but PS1 or PS2 on a HD, never mind 4k HDR TV, aren't pretty. They weren't designed to work with that screen size.

Now, if they have a way to remaster on the fly, as the disc is running, that'd be quite something.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  2. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    idk why everyone hated the ending of mass effect 3. i played it for the first time three months ago (extended obvs) and it was gr8.

solojones and heels1785 like this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Well hypothetically, they could read the PS1 or PS2 disk, and then install and run an HD-quality emulator of the game that would've come from the PS Now library, couldn't they?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    Rogue1-and-a-half and Jedi Ben like this.
  4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    THANK YOU

Also the Tweet has been deleted, but Official Playstation Magazine UK asked people what game they were most excited to play on PS5, and the top vote-getter was Horizon Zero Dawn 2... whoops.

Rogue1-and-a-half and Jedi Ben like this.
  5. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Like you I played it after the extended ending cut changes, which went much further than just the ending. As it was? There was reason to be cheesed off - no real good ending, mandatory multilayer to get war assets to the optional cutscene - the EE fixed all that.

Although, I think it can be argued some of the earlier payoffs and finales were better like Mordin and the Geth.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I would've voted that one.

7. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well I would have, too. The whoops was for the Official Playstation Magazine referencing a game that hasn't been announced yet!

Jedi Ben and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    There's been plenty of hints about the sequel coming, and all signs are pointing to it being a PS5 exclusive.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  9. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Oh sure. Like everyone knows that. But I'm sure Playstation doesn't want to reveal it until a bit later.

Another thing listed was "The PS5 Version of Ghost of Tsushima". Which hints that it will probably come out next holiday season and be PS4 and PS5.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Current net theory based on Guerilla's recent recruitment ads is Horizon Zero Dawn 2 will be a PS5 launch title.

It would sell me the system.

solojones likes this.
  11. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    If the 5 can play physical media all the way back to PS1, I will definitely buy one.

solojones and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    That's the sell point for me; to the point of a pre-order.

13. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I am getting it day one no matter what because I know they always have great games.

So, former head of Guerilla Games is now head of Worldwide Studios, after Shawn retired. And Shuhei is staying on in a new role overseeing indie games. These are all good moves IMHO.

14. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Can't say I'd preorder a console at launch unless there's a serious corporate war which results in some great offers.

HZD2 would help get it attention.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    HZD2 would be a system seller if launched during that timeframe.

16. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I'll be getting the PS5 early in life rather than after a couple of years as I did with the PS4.

If it's launched with HZD2 then it's a day 1 purchase.

Jedi Ben and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Playstation CEO wants PS4 owners to upgrade to PS5 as soon as possible

I'll tell you what friend, GUARANTEE that the new console will play every single PS4 game (physical disks) in my library and I'll gladly make that upgrade at or around the holiday 2020 season. And back that guarantee with a full refund if some games don't work. Otherwise don't try simply sweet-talking us with the better graphics, faster load times, etc.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  18. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Also, guarantee that the PS5 Pro won't drop in 2021.

Jedi Ben and Ramza like this.
  19. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I know we're kind of in "everything is news" hell but is "head of company selling products wants people to buy product" really so shocking it warrants an article? :p

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'll only buy HZD2 on release day if it's a Lance Reddick life simulator.

FatBurt likes this.
  21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    You could say the same for God of War and Assassin's Creed.

22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    So, talk is the Dualshock 5 will have both a more sensitive touchscreen and a third set of shoulder buttons. Not confirmed, just rumoured.

For myself, I think I'd find both of those a step too far in terms of coordination - I have enough dealing with 2x shoulder buttons, d-pad, 2 analogue sticks, 4 face buttons.

23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I thought the rumor was it will have back buttons, which makes more sense.

24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Either way, feels a bit like overkill. I get it opens more doors and options but uncertain of whether I could coordinate thumb and two fingers.

25. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I tend to assume back buttons are more of an accessibility or alternate input method thing. At least, that would be the smart approach.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020