main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Haptic Feedback in Black (and a Trenchcoat): The PlayStation 5 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Boba_Fett_2001 , Oct 8, 2019.

1. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Where they at online?

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Sigh, 3 days, 3 email chasers...

Fine with it taking time, get that they'll have a load of cases but the description of what the serial number is supposed to be and what my one is has me on edge as it seems a bit too different, being told it's valid would help a lot.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    That really sucks. I am seeing other people get replacements so I'm not sure why you even need to wait for repair.

darthcaedus1138 and Jedi Ben like this.
  4. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Maybe the US branch is different, or the UK have no PS5s to replace with, or they're messing around. Serial number is also very hard to read due to being tiny.

5. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Ah yeah it might be those people were in the US. That really sucks. I hope they get it figured out soon.

6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, did a substantive chaser today, adding that their phone system isn't disability friendly, the serial numger text so tiny as to be nearly unreadable, plus the ine on my PS5 sounds too different and Xmas isn't far off - hopefully it works.

7. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Did you try taking a photo of the serial number then zooming in? That's what I did when I needed a serial number off my PSVR.

8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yep, attached 3 shots, including the model number too. But due to no response part of me ssys those shots are stuck in a blocked folder due to size. Rationally their system should be up to reveiving some imaged but I'm on edge about it.

9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It's sounding more and more like a good idea to wait 6-12 months to get one then, with all the issues I'm hearing about. And also because of the ****ing scalpers.

10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I don't think most people have any issues. You just hear about the people who do most. 99% are probably fine. Ben is just one of the unfortunate ones :(

11. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I'd be more concerned about the scalpers limiting access to stock as thats going to continue into 2021 I'm guessing.

Stability wise, aside from Ben, I've not really heard of anything detrimental on either the PS5 or the XBox's. You are always going to have the occasional model built thats just not up to snuff but so far there don't appear to be too many of them

fingers crossed it stays that way

12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    NO, PS5'S ARE ALL BROKEN AND I'M COMPLETELY JUSTIFIED IN WAITING :_|:mad:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  13. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    To be honest scalpers are the bigger problem to me. And those aren't disappearing.

I know what Sony's tech is supposed to be, as a still working fine 10 year old PS3 and five year old PS4 demonstrates.

solojones likes this.
  14. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Yeah, my PS4 was second hand purchase but it was a day one model. The only issue I have with it now is it's LOUD! Well, it was. It's now unplugged and acting as a glorified door stop until I move it on

Jedi Ben likes this.
  15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Heh, yeah, you can always tell when the fan boots up on the PS4

16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    My original PS4 model worked fine for roughly 1.5 years until it started rejecting my controllers. So I bought a new one. I've never had the best luck with launch consoles (my original fat PS3 model had a lot of issues too) so I feel justified in waiting a bit.

17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    It took the exceedingly rare combination of a once-in-a-generation departure from a regional economic and political block, plus a global pandemic to get me to buy a new console at launch.

Rogue1-and-a-half and FatBurt like this.
  18. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    me too

Without my commute and coffee savings over the last 6 months I never would have got mine this early.

solojones and Jedi Ben like this.
  19. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I've been playing Silent Hill on an original PlayStation console lately and that console still works. That's kind of crazy to me. Zero problems with it.

TrandoJedi likes this.
  20. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I got a PS4 at launch just try getting a launch console for once and had a HDMI issue that Sony fixed for free and still have and use the same console to this day. A seven run for modern hardware is incredible. I'd like a PS5 mainly for UHD playback and better performing backwards compatible titles but I'm okay with waiting until the scalpers calm down and they are readily available. I'm okay with waiting a few months to a year plus once the proper NVME SSDs for the system start getting released I'll probably want to get one of those with it. I built my first PC this year and largely play older games so I will be good. I say that and I could cave at any moment but we will see haha.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  21. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    My launch day PS4 still works 7 years later.... I have been trying to donate it but no charity seems to want used consoles.

22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Given how much PS4s still go for, seems odd.

23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I know, but it seems to be the case. I am still gonna call the local Ronald McDonald house for families of children getting treatment at the local hospital. That's my last place to call before I just sell it I guess.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Back to the scalpers and one thing that may make them move on in January is the demand lowering.

Few people will be dropping £450 / $500 on a new console, they'll still sell easily but to a niche audience unlikely to respond to scalpers.

25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I don't think so man. There are still millions of people who want one, not just for Christmas.

Jedi Ben likes this.