main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Haptic Feedback in Black (and a Trenchcoat): The PlayStation 5 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Boba_Fett_2001 , Oct 8, 2019.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    If you’re noticing different DL speeds based on the position, that to me says the WiFi signal is being impeded by the actual room structures. If it’s possible (depending on if you have direct access to your router and if the distance is, I dunno, “within reason” depending on the lengths involved), I think the easiest solution is to just get a long-ass Ethernet cable and hook it up directly when you need to do a download, they’re pretty cheap meter-for-meter. You can then just store the cable and hook the PS5 back up to WiFi when you aren’t downloading.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    solojones likes this.
  2. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I actually had to have a long 50ft cord to play Destiny when it came out. I think I had a bad apple unit cause I could barely get WiFi to work on it. The 2nd PS4 was all good till just a few months ago as far as quickness goes but we didn’t have all these smart TVs drawing at the same time. I think I may need to get a new router. It’s old and it’s the one our cable peeps gave us.

Moving PS5 worked and I’ve been zipping around NYC for about 2 hrs now. It’s fun.

solojones likes this.
  3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

Yay! Enjoy the Spider-Man games..wish I could experience them for the first time again

4. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Holy sith this is fun. My son is super pissed off at me cause I was bumbling around so much in the opening hours.

I told him I’m going to find my PS2 Spidey and let him see how far gaming has come with this character.

solojones likes this.
  5. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    My WD SN850 with heatsink arrived today.

Now I wait for my invite to the Beta so I can actually use it :p

6. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I’ve experienced my 1st “oh yeah that is way different” moment today.

Got in settings and turned game from 30fps to 60fps. Like wtf that’s insane to see.

So how do I get it to 120? My new tv is capable of this. Game menu only takes it to 60.

solojones likes this.
  7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Depends. Does the game offer 120 fps on PS5? Do you have a 2.1 HDMI lead and your TV HDMI port for the PS5 set to 'enhanced'?

The biggest thing I notice on PS5 is load speed and haptic feedback.

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    ps5 acquired. best buy, picking up 8/20.

holy crap, what a battle its been!

9. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Grats

heels1785 likes this.
  10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    thank you, good sir. hope you are enjoying yours.

11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Congrats - you are in for quite a time.

Astro's Playroom is a great tech demo but also nab Destiny 2.

No Man's Sky on PS5 is something else too.

heels1785 likes this.
  12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    i cannot wait to play nms. i still run an og ps4, and it roars like a jet engine.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The one thing that is a bit odd is the save upload system to transfer your save from the PS4 to PS5 version, but it's a one-time thing.

Edit - Other games massively boosted for free on PS5 if you already own the PS4 version:

Ratchet & Clank 2016
    God of War
    Assassin's Creed: Valhalla
    Ghost of Tsuschima
    Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order
    Yakuza: Like A Dragon

Not boosted but the 4k HDR setting ypu can access via PS5 is amazing:

Horizon Zero Dawn

Short version? You may have far more PS5 games than you think.

Oh and Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart? Buy it.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    heels1785 likes this.
  14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    god of war has that ****ing snake

but i'm all over the others!

15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, yeah, there is that snake.

heels1785 likes this.
  16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Wooo congrats Heels! And remember, that snake is Friendly

Which game?

For instance Destiny does 1080p 120hz in Crucible..but most PS5 games don't do 120. Yet.

heels1785 and Jedi Ben like this.
  17. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I've not been on my PS5 for about a month now.

Not because it's no good or anything but work has me burnt so I've rturned to easy A games like football manager, Civ 6 and Guild Wars 2.
    Allows me to have schlock TV on in the background and play a game I can walk away from with ease when I'm feeling burnt. the whole having TV on is crucial here and I can't be arsed with remote play as whilst it's good, the intermittent connection issues I have infuriate me.

I may look out for a pre owned Ratchet and Clank tomorrow as I think I need something easy an mindless but cheap to play and if the price is right (on payday) it could just fit the bill. I'm off from tomorrow for a long weekend and have the same again in a couple of weeks so may be a change to recharge batteries.

@heels. Play Astro when you get the 5. Just. it's brilliantly cute and fun and well worth playing and replaying.

18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

Ratchet and Clank is a must play, if only to see what the PS5 is truly capable of.

heels1785 likes this.
  19. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Provided I can get it from CEX for around £30 I'll consider it but it's still £50 according to their website

I may consider Jedi Knight Fallen order. I got it when released and powered through it over the weekend and then sold it on for pretty much what I paid.

It was enjoyable but there was a fair bit I skipped and it's since had a wealth of patches. THAT is £12 for CEX so if it's in stock tomorrow, I may have another punt.

either that or I'll run Astro's again

20. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Spider-Man. The 1st one.

21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Congrats heels! I haven’t played a lot of actual PS5 games even though I’ve had it since launch (been working through my backlog mostly) but Miles Morales is great. Rift Apart looks incredible. Haven’t played it yet but I did preorder it. Have fun!

22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

It runs at 4k 60 with ray tracing, not 120. But man does it look great.

Jedi Ben and JEDI-SOLO like this.
  23. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    With a fairly strong GPU (overclocked 2070 Super) I get good framerates on a 1440p/144hz monitor and honestly it's really hard for me to notice the difference once it gets past 60-80. 30 fps or lower (!) from a console should be completely unacceptable in 2021, though. Looking at you, Nintendo.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    solojones likes this.
  24. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

You don't realize how bad 30 is until you play 60.

That being said, I hardly notice a difference between 60 and 120.

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    ps5 is in hand. moved all of my ps4 games to an external hard drive, assume i can just plug that in and play.

is there anything i should do or not do as part of the setup/moving my data over?