main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hardest Words to Say: How to tell the person you're dating that you Write Fanfic.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by SpiritofEowyn, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthGaul

DarthGaul Jedi Master star 3

May 25, 2004
    The easiest way is to blind side them with the truth then try to ease your way into their hearts.

"I write star wars fan fiction...wanna get hot and nekid?"

2. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    I believe it's time come out into the open and share my experience with everyone. Well first of anyone who knows me, automatically knows I'm a writer and the first question is, "What do you write?" I tell them all about my wonderful SW world here on these boards!!!!

Now as for my boyfriend....I have the best story to share!

.....My boyfriend and I met on these boards!!!!! *Drumroll please* His name is [face_love] magehound![face_love] Yes yes, that is why you find us collaborating together and usually posting together! So I guess I technically don't have to tell him about my obsession since he writes almost as much fanfic as I do!!!!!!!

And whomever said that we should basically start a dating service, I heartily agree! I don't know where I would be without this site! And there should definitely be a thread that is devoted to matchmaking! That'd be awesome!

Anyway, I believe I have embarrased my boyfriend enough!

meg

3. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Oh man... so, my boyfriend is a complete geek. I'm not sure which of the two of us is more nerdy, when it comes down to it. He knows I write fanfic, though he makes fun of fanfic in general. Consequently, there's no way he's getting my screen name. Nuh-uh. Well, maybe if he promised not to mock me.

He also won't come out and say it, but I'm pretty sure he thinks my costuming habit is a little silly. Not as silly as fanfic, but just a smidge. I made him feel better by remarking that at least I wasn't an anime cosplayer. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.