main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Harrison Ford: "It's really, really good"

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by ChewieWe'reHome, Oct 29, 2015.

1. ChewieWe'reHome

ChewieWe'reHome Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 25, 2015
    Comicbook.com reported that Harrison Ford recently sat down with Jimmy Kimmel on his talk show. When asked about TFA details and spoilers (why do you want to know??), all he had to say was: "it's really, really good".

I just find it interesting how mellow this movie has HF acting. This isn't the first time he's sang the film's praises (see: Comic Con Panel). So I wonder how much of this is real and how much is just what he's told to say. Of course no actor is interviewed before their movie's released and says it's "just ok". But this is Harrison Ford we're talking about. Nobody would fault him for speaking as nonchalantly as he has for any other movie he's been in. And yet when he talks about THIS movie, he sounds very firm about his feelings. And they're really good feelings too.

Skellybobs likes this.
  2. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    Spot on. Awesome scoop!

Yes, it's absolutely good idea to take whatever an actor says about the film they're promoting with a pinch of salt. They almost certainly paid him silly, silly money for his work.

Yet if there's an actor out there more likely than Harrison Ford not to toe the studio line and speak their mind, or more likely sardonically hint at what they really think, I'm struggling to think of one. This is Harrison "George, you can type this ****, but you can't say it!" Ford we're talking about here.

Apparently the full quote is:

“I can tell you this. It’s really, really good,” said Ford. “Trust me, it’s really good. The new cast… Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Adam Driver, and Oscar Isaac are phenomenal. J.J. has made an incredible movie. You will not be disappointed at all. I promise you.”

He's really going above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to paying lip service. He made a promise. Why would he want to put himself on the line like that?

On the other hand, he's not exactly infallible. Watch this short clip and it's clear that he's a regular human capable of jamming his foot in his mouth.

Skellybobs likes this.
  3. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    On second thought I think the hot dog suit really hurts his credibility:

Video briefly shows the poster but nothing else is revealed:

Skellybobs and TigerCraneFist like this.
  4. queenofhollywood

queenofhollywood Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 11, 2015
    ....................AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHA What on Earth did I just see???

Let me try and get a coherent thought here. Hold on... I just saw Harrison Ford in a double weiner costume. Anyway. You're right. I think coming from him it gives it a little more credibility. Is that the word I'm not looking for? Not quite, but you know what I mean. I don't see him praise things a lot. He goes, he promotes his thing by saying "I was on this" and that's it. I think the praise is his. And it's not like he needs to sell this. It's an automatic hit either way. Even if it sucks, it's gonna be a massive hit. If he says he thinks it's good, he probably does believe it is.

Skellybobs likes this.
  5. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Oh wow, that was just great! I love Harrison's willingness to make himself look ridiculous (which he does every year for Halloween). I also agree that his positive comments about the film both in the above clip and at Comic-Con seem really sincere. Of course, just because he sincerely believes it's gonna be great doesn't mean that audiences as a whole will think that it is, but I am definitely encouraged by the way he feels about it!

Edit: I also really like his comments about George. And his praise for the new actors. Harrison is a class act![face_love]

Skellybobs and queenofhollywood like this.
  6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Seeing how Harrison Ford seldom speaks positively about anything, I do trust him here. That is, I believe that he really thinks it's that good!
    That doesn't mean I'll think it's that good, though.

Skellybobs likes this.
  7. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Christ, Pensivia, I just saw your av and it took a second to process what that was. Nearly jumped
    Then I remembered "happy Halloween"