main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Harrison Ford to return as Han Solo

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Claire, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
  2. Stillsberry

Stillsberry Jedi Knight

Apr 5, 2007
    The guy that broke this has a good track record with Disney scoops too!

Echo-07 likes this.
  3. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    I thought that how the article was setup was very unserious but if they are right it would be awesome news we all want to see Harrison Ford return!

Echo-07 likes this.
  4. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Cool! Glad to see he's coming back, but I really hope the OT cast doesn't dominate over the new cast.. if Harrison's coming back, I am certain Mark is coming back.

Echo-07 and Darth Claire like this.
  5. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
  6. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Exactly. One of my worries is that the people in charge *and fans seeing as though people talk a LOT more about the OT cast than the new cast* will focus more on the OT cast that they'll forget that the movie is mostly about the New cast. I fear they might pander to our nostalgia.

Episode Swag likes this.
  7. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    [face_dunno]I'll take this one with a very LARGE grain of salt...

V-2 likes this.
  8. FirstStarWars

FirstStarWars Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    here the guy on Fox talking about it
    (REMOVED LINK, I DIDNT IT WAS ON THEIR SITE ALSO, SORRY)

not sure if this is big news, rumors been around that all 3 are coming back. Why else would Lucas meet with Mark and Carrie and I guess Harrison

Echo-07 likes this.
  9. Stillsberry

Stillsberry Jedi Knight

Apr 5, 2007
    As to those that might question this guys credibility, he is the one that breaks lots of marvel news. They even tried to shut him down with a threatening letter. Still, it doesn't matter till it's put on celluloid (digitally).

10. Darth Humberdinck

Darth Humberdinck Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2013
    Not a big surprise, but very cool. I figure LFL is waiting to announce all three at the same time.

Echo-07 likes this.
  11. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Maybe its because I am trying to read the article from my cell phone, but I see no video after it says to see the video below....

Also I know that site has a good track record on movie scoops, but unless he gave more info in the video there isnt much he gives in the article about any details. Kind if vague. Color me skeptical.

12. FirstStarWars

Sep 4, 2012

if it helps here the same video on the FOX site
    http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/en...ans-solo-in-new-star-wars-latino-review-says/

13. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I'm not saying I don't trust that site...but they always conveniently get "scoops" such as claiming Marvel was doing Planet Hulk and World War Hulk storylines for Avengers 3/Phase 3. I dunno I wanna believe but...

14. FirstStarWars

Sep 4, 2012
    First I love TFN and this isnt to attack them, maybe to help but why are they so SLOW with news. AICN and most other sites have this news up but TFN still doesnt on its main page. This seems to be a on going thing. When I first heard about the Disney/Lucas deal I first came here and saw nothing.

15. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    Great shot kid, that was one in a million!

16. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    I really hope this is not true. Not interested in Star Wars : The Geriatric Years.

Really sick of the amount of rumors flying around as well.

17. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Good deal. If Ford is coming back, he's likely getting his wish that Han Solo dies during one of these films, that is awesome all around. It's a given that the big 3 (if they all come back) will be in a more supporting role for the ST, as it should be, I just hope the cast of the next generation can hold their own weight. Can't wait until we find out who the next generation of protagonists is going to be, the ST can be no less than 36 ABY (I'm hoping for stretching it out to 45 ABY), and that means its possible (however, unlikely) that the EU remains intact (without hindering the story of the ST.)

18. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Redesignating as Rumor.

JackG, MasterSkywalker86 and eht13 like this.
  19. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    That assumes the big 3 would be the focus of the ST, which is not the case, they will be in more supporting roles (ala Obi-Wan and Yoda) than that of the "stars of the show". It's perfect, and will be far from "The Geriatric Years".

20. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Let me say that if this turns out to be true, I will be absolutely ecstatic!

But with anything at this point in time, I'm very skeptical. We shall see how this pans out..

Wow, really? I knew it was only a matter of time before something like that made it into the thread.

21. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I will consider this "news" confirmed when I hear straight from Ford's or Lucasfilm's mouth. I want Han back but I'm not getting excited yet!

22. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    This is fantastic news and I really hope it is confirmed soon. The resident "Han Solo is the greatest character ever" fan club (myself, HanSolo29, Echo-07, Pro Scoundrel, et al) will sleep easy tonight!

For those critical of this news, please realize that SW has always been about passing the torch. The opportunity to see how things wrap up for Luke, Leia, and Han is priceless and we should feel privileged not frustrated. We have a great team working on this film and all signs are pointing up right now.

23. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Hmm - also a 'mexican remake' of Scarface in the same interview - I've got my shaker ready, but if it's confirmed about Harrison, that would be awesome!!

24. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I'm skeptical, but I really, really, really hope it's true!

Echo-07 likes this.
  25. lbr789

lbr789 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    I'm trying not to get too excited until this is confirmed- but I'm failing miserably. :D