main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Harry Potter 18th November

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by Jairen, Oct 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    OK, I mentioned this to Vez last night. I thought it would be cool to go to the opening night of Harry Potter and the Goblet Of Fire. As we've done both the Star City in Birmingham and the Vue in Leicester, I thought it only fair that we go to the Showcase in Nottingham this time around.

Those interested, please feel free to add yourselves to the list. We'll look at times later. It will need to be pre-booked definitely this time :D

Jairen
    Moogi-wan
    Happy Ninja
    ChickenTikkaMeeka
    veritasuk

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Dont you mean 18th November?

:p :rolleyes:

3. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    And I was thinking how come it's opening up so early for you folks and I have to wait a few more weeks.

Well I'm doing what I always do when I go see any Harry Potter movie, taking my son. This time he asked to wear a Harry Potter costume. :D

4. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Well, even though I'm not really a fan of the Harry Potter series, I will most likely show up as it is only fair since you guys travel to our neck of the woods. Count me and Tamika in. :)

5. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    and of course me ! in costume, elbowing kids out the way !

6. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    I'd pay money to see that! [face_devil]

7. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    should have been there when POA came out. I was 4th in the Q to get in but made it to the screen first because I can run faster than an 8 yr old! Going to london this weekend for the Prem. SQUEEEEE

8. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Oh dear :oops:

9. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    LOL. of course now Martin wants me burnt for being a sadder than an 8yr old.

10. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    have fun guys. nottingham is too far for me. but i a seeing it the week after, i love school 'baker days'

11. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Hey, I was thinking of tryin to crash the potter meet, but do you know how difficult it is to get to you from here??? Train there would take about 3 hrs with between 1 and 2 changes, Train back later on would be 3 changes and take 7 hours :eek:

12. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    Well if its super difficult for people to get to, I dont mind making it Star city, again , but then every one owes me one !

13. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    while i totally agree with mark on this, that you guys have travelled over here enough times, and that it's only fair that we travel to you guys, this comes right after the nsc event and as such, with our money situation being what it is angie and myself won't be able to make it to this one :( .

14. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    its a bummer, but I totally understand

15. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Verity, what day is your birthday btw? I know it is very soon, since we are both November Scorpios.

16. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    11th November. Scorpios Rock !

17. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    i might have had my b'day on the 11th as well if i hadnt of been late. as it was mines the 11th december (i dont know if it being soclose to xmas is a good thing or not - i have podered this for nearly 17 years)

18. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Ooh, have fun at your showing! My hair is now an insanely blonde-blonde (I'm going as Luna Lovegood!), I'm still piece my costume together, got my ticket, and am eager to out-Potter any snotty little brat! (And glare at anyone who says they're a potter fan then asks who I'm supposed to be...) :mad:

19. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    I was very pleased with my self when Jairen amoungst others said I had the Malfoy Sneer right.[face_dancing] Slytherin Rule.

20. samildanach

samildanach Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2005
    is this meet up still on?
    if so what time u meeting up?

21. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Well, myself, Moogi-wan and Happy Ninja are all going to the 7:30 showing at the Showcase in Nottingham. Unfortunately, Vez has had to pull out due to being under the thumb :p (Actually, they were already sold out before she even got a chance to buy a ticket, whoops!)

In fact, they've been selling out rapidly for all the showings as I understand it. But definitely the 7:30 showing is sold out. :(

22. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    vez has had to pull out due to being under the thumb

ahmmmm. o_O

Although I tried to book a day later every showing between 5 and 9 was sold out. Still I did see it last night, at UCI Telford. Hmmm Lucius.

23. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Tamika and I turned up late...bloody Nottingham traffic...accident on the A42, and then another build up on the main road in to Nottingham itself (and then another 5 minutes trying to find somewhere to park the car; had to park at Frankie and Benny's in the end)...We left at 5:50pm...didn't get there until 8:05pm, thankfully we didn't miss much!

Yeah, Vez. I realised when you weren't there when I couldn't hear any sighing when Malfoy's scenes were on. ;)

24. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    despite Nige saying he didnt know who it was I liked, he said he guessed by who was on screen when i dug my nails in his leg.

25. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Ok I saw this movie on Sunday and I loved it!

Infact, I want to finally make a HP costume... I want to be a Death Eatter. [face_devil]

So Verity, I think you would be the one to go to for this, where on earth can I find detailed pics of the death eatters and that tattoo they all have?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.