main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Dark_Jedi_Kenobi, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/7639/rsjtrio8gl.jpg

2. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    Although I loved the adaptation of Azkaban and was quite pleased with Goblet, I'm pretty worried about how Order of the Phoenix will be handled. My main concern is that the book is much more introspective in terms of Harry's character - Rowling deals with a lot of complex (yet not atypical) angst inside Harry, much of which is going to have to be translated into new dialogue. Hopefully the scripwriter and Daniel Radcliffe are up to the task.

Oh, and Michael Gambon should do a fine job with Dumbledore; his quiet scenes in Goblet were perfect, and he captures the eccentricity well. Mind you, the way Dumbledore grabbed Harry after his name came out of the Goblet....

3. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    So here's some pictures of the Luna Lovegood casting queue from London! :D

From the BBC's children's 'Newsround' site.

Now I'm not saying she can act or anything, because of course I have no idea, but in terms of looks this girl from that article is pretty much how I imagine Luna looking:

[image=http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41216000/jpg/_41216454_girltexting_220.jpg]

4. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Since OOTP is rather Lupin-Lite, I have a horrible feeling he will be cut entirely from the film. A pity, if they do.

Re: Snape's Worst Memory, I wouldn't be suprised if they get Dan to slap on some contacts and play his father in that scene.

And any word as to the resigning of Alan Rickman? I just can't imagine anyone else playing Snape.

5. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    :eek: and where have come across this info?

6. JamesBatista

JamesBatista Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    Just a thought, but 2006 is going to suck for Harry Potter fans.

For the first half of the decade, we've been used to having either a new book or movie come out each year. 2005 saw both the sixth book and the fourth movie... and 2006 will most-likely be Potter-free.

...and I have a feeling it could get worse. With GoF being more successful on the holiday season than PoA on summer, I'm hearing that OotP could be pushed to Holidays 2007, making it a two year wait. This is only helped by the fact that Spider-Man 3 and Shrek 3 are scheduled for Summer 2007--bring back any memories?

7. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Say wha? That doesn't sound right.

And yes, '06 is going to go by slow for HP fans. [face_tired]

A little off topic, but when I first read [i]OotP[/i], Tonks reminded me of Pink mainly because of her short bubblegum hair.

[image=http://www.kidzworld.com/img/upload/article/a2082i0_pink1Aw.jpg]

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Alan Rickman can't be leaving? OOTP, HBP and the last book will be where he'll finally get to really flesh out his character.

As long as they really do a bang-up spectacular job w/ OOTP, I'll be happy to wait an extra year for the next Harry film to come out. I'd rather wait and have them do it right than quickly slap the film together and have it feel disjointed and poorly edited.

9. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    I must say that girl looks right for Luna. We'll see if she gets any further . . .

And if Alan Rickman resigns, a thousand Potter fans will commit suicide. He can't take that much responsibility on his head, can he? :p

10. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Are you referring to Everton's picture? Because that's just a random girl in line. :p

None of the main cast will resign. At least, they'd better not.

11. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Can someone give confirmation about Alan Rickman? Of all the cast outside the children, he's my favorite! Now that Snape's character is really getting interesting, he can't leave! Who else could possibly be Snape the way he is?

The scary thing is, I checked imdb and he's not yet listed in the pre-production credits for OOTP. [face_worried]

12. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    You guys have got to be kidding me. There is even talk of Alan Rickman stepping down? [face_worried]:_|

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    To be fair most of the cast wasn't listed there, just the trio and Lucius Malfoy. I didn't see anything on Mugglenet regarding Rickman not coming back...hopefully it's just an evil rumor.

Oh and Mugglenet's got in the rumor crew department that John Williams is back in the composer chair. Guess his 2005 plate was too full to take on GOF.

14. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    There has been no rumours about Rickman not coming back, I've only seen it in this particular thread...

15. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Funny thing is there is no rumour of Snape not coming back. It's just a question as to wether he has signed up yet. :p

I think a few of you are just getting a bit over emotional [face_laugh]

16. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Yes, and I edited it seconds before you posted that so now you look silly. :p

And I think I can safely say on behalf of many fans of the film that I'd rather have a complete cast change than see Rickman go as Snape.

Interesting about the score speculation. I'd be happy to have either Doyle or Williams for the next film. Actually, if I could choose I'd have Doyle do Phoenix (his style is much more suited to dark, personal and brooding, which the film should be), and have Williams return for the last two. William's thematic material (most notably "Fawkes' theme" and "A window to the past" have to be brought back for some of the films. There are just moments (anyone who has read HBP will know what I am talking about) where thematic material is necessary to fully bring about the emotional depth of on-screen happenings.

17. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Whenever you're telling with speculation on someone from the main cast leaving, it can get emotional around here. :p

You punk. [face_frustrated]

I have all 4 soundtracks so far. By far Williams' score has been the best. Like you cited, there's "Fawkes' Theme", "Hedwig's Theme", "Flight of Buckbeak", "A window to the past and so many others that I can't list them all. I do like Doyle's work in GoF, but Williams is the man with this stuff.

:)

18. AnakinGirl05

AnakinGirl05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    I may be one of those fans who commit suicide if Alan Rickman decided to leave...he is Severus Snape...

And I also thought of Pink for Tonks!! How funny...

I figured out what it was that I did not find with the GOF soundtrack. My fave HP score is POA, the music is some of the most beautiful work I think JW has ever done. It adds to the scene, fits right with the emotion on a level that I think few composers can do. This score for GOF was good, but there were only two or three different places in the film that I really took note of it.

19. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    I bet you it was "Harry's Winter", "Neville Waltz" & "The Quidditch World Cup"

At least, those were the three that stuck out for me.

20. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    The use of the drums when Harry walks out behind the statue to face Voldemort and says "Have it your way" was very suspenseful. :)

I bet you it was "Harry's Winter", "Neville Waltz" & "The Quidditch World Cup"

At least, those were the three that stuck out for me.

I love those three! I also really like "Potter Waltz" although i still find it funny how there's no saxophones in the music but there's saxophones on screen (unless I wasn't looking properly!)

Music wise for OotP, I'd like to see Williams back. His score for POA was amazing and is my favourite HP score.

21. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    i really liked the quidditch world cup, the arrival of the other schools to hogwarts and when the other school enter the main hall

22. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Also I noticed the beginning music to GoS was not the same as the other three beginnings. The music was completely different. If JW does return, I expect that same music to return for the beginning of OotP as we descend to find Harry in the bushes outside #4 Private Drive.

23. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Yes. I listen to my HP soundtracks quite frequently, especially in the car when we're driving to London and my parents always know if it's the fourth or the others because it starts so differently.

However, they still have difficultly hearing the slight difference between the first, second and third. :p

24. AnakinGirl05

AnakinGirl05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    I definitely like POA the best as far as music goes for the HP movies. I do remember liking the announcement of the other schools into the Hogwarts Great Hall.

25. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Yes. My fault, sorry! I meant re-signing, as in him being signed to do the film, not resign as in quitting.

I was on imdb.com a while ago and the Alan Rickman board was hotly speculating on the reason he hasn't signed up yet. Of course, not many of the major adult cast has yet, so I don't think its anything to worry about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.