main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hasbro 12" Speederbike w/Scout Trooper (2016) - review

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Blur, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Got this most recent 12" Hasbro Speeder Bike w/Scout @ Wal-mart right before the holidays (late December). So, these are out. Here's my review:

-12" Biker Scout: Good figure, and better than I expected. 7 POA articulation (this includes the wrists). I was pleasantly surprised that the molded ankle holster that had a space for the laser pistol; plus, the backpack was a separate piece, so it looked great. I was never able to get any other version of the 12" Biker Scout. The boots are fairly accurate to to the film (ROTJ) as well. I actually like this better than some of the previous cloth-costumed Biker Scouts that Hasbro has come out with, since in some cases those didn't look that great.

-Speeder Bike: Extremely disappointing. Very cheap toy; I was expecting at least a larger version of the small Vintage Kenner Speeder Bike, but this was much less detailed - the thing can't even stand correctly and leans forward when you put it on a table. The "legs" that are supposed to support this are very small & immovable. I guess I've been spoiled by the 12" Speeder Bike/Luke Skywalker Endor figure I got in the early 200X's.

The Biker Scout does not look movie-accurate sitting on the Bike (no articulated knees); it looks much better just standing next to the Bike.

Did I regret getting this? No, since the price was fantastic & since I really wanted a 12" Biker Scout figure. However, I wouldn't bother getting this if you only want a movie-accurate toy.

That being said - in closing, I guess this set is worth getting if:

1) You want a decent 7 POA 12" Biker Scout figure

2) You don't want to shell out big bucks on a 12" Scale Speeder Bike, and don't mind this cheap version.

Here's another review of this set, which is a lot more forgiving than mine. I'm posting this because pictures are included:

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=JReviews&rop=showcontent&id=2751

2. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Nice review :D. I haven't picked up any of these larger, low price point figures, but I do appreciate them for a number of reasons. For one, the price is agreeable in this day and age when you can pay nearly $13.00 for 3 3/4" figures in some cases. And the larger size makes them ideal for younger kids (sturdier, no small parts) and yet their size make them more striking and eye catching on display than 3 3/4" figures for adult collectors. This one in particular looks cool on display in those pics, and I was impressed with the cloth under armor pieces. I doubt I'll buy one for me, but I think I'll grab one for my Nephew.

3. Blur

Aug 11, 1999
    Glad you liked the review. Yes, it's a decent set - far from perfect, but still nice for the price.

4. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, for the price it's a nice set that works well as a toy and a display piece.

5. Blur

Aug 11, 1999

True. If I can find another one for a good price, I may get it just for the 12" Biker Scout. This is a great figure!

6. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    He is nifty looking, and I bet would be striking on display. Haven't come across one in the wild yet myself.

7. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Very nice and great review Blur :)

Blur likes this.
  8. Blur

Aug 11, 1999
    Thanks - I've been looking for another one of these 12" Biker Scout/Speeder-bike sets, but haven't been able to find one. I guess they may have gotten limited distribution. I wouldn't mind if they sold the 12" Biker Scout on it's own, since, as I said, the Speeder-Bike sucks.