main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hasbro annnounces Forces of Destiny Adventure Figures

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Apr 13, 2017.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Scavenger Rey likes this.
  2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    AND SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!! :padme::amidala:[face_dancing]=D=[face_love][face_batting]

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  3. Scavenger Rey

Scavenger Rey Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2018
    Here's a direct link to a picture! Haha, I'm terrible for it, I'm glad it's not just me. If it won't get in the way, I tend to keep any new stuff I get sat on my desk for a few days just because I like looking at it so much, as silly as that probably sounds. I've certainly had what feels like a lot of stuff come and go from my limited space in the couple of years I've really been actively collecting anything, and I'm trying to get a bit pickier and more patient, but this line certainly isn't making that easy :oops:

I'm so excited that Luke, Ahsoka and Padmé are on after all! I was really worried it was a death knell that Sabine's bike was cancelled. Padmé's face is super pretty, so I'm hoping they go on to release a different version of her soon-ish, since as much as I love her as a character, and as cool as that outfit is, I'll probably pass on that one unless it goes massively on sale and no other version crops up.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I know I'm excited. I wish her legs weren't molded but I think the tunic should come down so she'll look more like the Rey dolls which I think were really great.

If you love Padme, buy her. Purchasing ANY new 11.5" Padme doll will let them know that there's interest in her character and they'll produce more of them. Our dollars spent on the toys at their full value is the only way that Hasbro knows that they can invest in more. If nobody buys them until they go on clearance, the line will die. I still need to get Chewie and will pre-order/order Luke,Kylo/Rey, and ANH Leia.

My goal is to pick up 2 of Padme dolls and I'm going to take the second and head swap her onto a different body. I have several hand made Padme outfits that I can photograph her into to blog and show Hasbro that they can make other outfits for her. With girl's dolls she really should be one of the most central figures in the whole line considering she's got a to die for wardrobe. Also there's no stigma on dolls to have pregnant ones either, this is the line where they could make ROTS Padme figures.

I'm just happy that she's back on pre-order. I had already rearranged my AOTC shelf to make room for her and I've taken everything mostly off of my Clone Wars shelf to make room for Ahsoka.

Here's your pic BTW @Scavenger Rey! Just grab the last code and paste it into the photo upload area.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  5. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    @PadmeLeiaJaina I may have asked this before but do you make the Padme costumes yourself?

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    No. I don't have a sewing machine. My sister is thinking about getting one again, if she does I might start working on it.

So there was a girl who used to post her who had a site w/ 11.5" Padme doll costumes and she had patterns. I found it again! Clickeroo!!! You can print off her patterns to use them :)

This girl is who I had commissioned her to make me a bunch of my doll costumes. She made my Shmi doll costume, my 16" scale outfits for my 2 Padme dolls and my Ceremony ANH Leia gown. She made me a Bespin Leia outfit and several Padme gowns.

These photos remind me, I could use rephotographing a bunch of these to better showcase how lovely they are. Here are a few of them:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. TheEvilQueen

TheEvilQueen Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2018
    That gives me some hope the others will see release, too!

I've only seen Chewie at a Meijer store. It's weird. I didn't get him because I honestly just don't like the look of him at all.

The Padme has a really beautiful face. I wish they'd gone with a different outfit for her, but I was pleasantly surprised to see her made at all.

@PadmeLeiaJaina - I love all of your custom dolls with their outfits!

wobbits and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I don't love Chewie but I'll still probably get him. Apparently Chewie is hard to make. He reminds me of the silly furry Chewie Hasbro did back in the day.

[​IMG]

I'm fine w/ the pilot disguise outfit, they've never done a doll w/ that outfit, I'm not complaining. Hopefully she'll sell well so we'll get other versions of her.

9. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I wish I could afford to buy two of her. But I also want ANH Leia and R2, and Luke

10. Scavenger Rey

Jan 6, 2018
    Thanks! That's what I'd done with the original link, and the upload for that is still intact, which was why I was so confused that it didn't seem to be showing for anybody except me on my devices, haha.

I know you're right with the sales, I just have trouble reconciling myself with paying twenty pounds for something that I only really much like the face on when I could use that limited budget on something I love all of, or simply save it... But I think that's a struggle most collectors can relate to with ever wanting to support the more precarious lines to keep growing. The outfit is growing on me somewhat but I just feel like it was a weird choice even out of what we see Padmé wearing in the shorts, although I guess most suitable for the sense of action about the line. I would have infinitely preferred her white outfit but hopefully that will come if they decide to keep investing in the line, since Rey and Leia both got two outfits on the shelves already.

Those Padmé outfits are beautiful! If I had your collection I think I could happily photograph them all day long.

11. Instant Force Talk

Instant Force Talk Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2017
    It looks a lot better than I could do, @Scavenger Rey ! :leia: I hope that you guys are still around when I finally have a place to display my items. Parts of it might not be impressive to those not Japanese, or even not fans of JRPGs. And I hope to complete my favorite 2004-2014 updates on 1978-1984 cards by the end of February. More on that if anybody wants to hear any of my side-stories.

But I should also stay on target by pointing out that I am extremely tempted to getting Chewbacca. And not because Maz is the storyteller behind the series. But more on the fact that his figure does kind of resemble a "love child" between a Mattel doll and a Hasbro/Kenner Star Wars plushie. :chewie:

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I know. I'm mostly not getting anything else and am only getting this line for a while. I'd love to pick up some of the clearanced dolls but that would mean going to Walmart....Meh.

Yeah I know, you know it took me years to pick up the Hasbro AOTC Padme doll for the same reason. Meh, white outfit. I finally got her and really liked her even though the costume is bland. Who knows I'm hoping she'll look great in person. I'm just thrilled because it's a costume we HAVEN'T seen a million times.

Resemble a "love child" between a Mattel doll and a Hasbro/Kenner Star Wars plushie - lol!

cathiecat likes this.
  13. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Definitely pre-order Padme if you want her! I am thinking they went with that outfit because most of her stuff is very elaborate/dressy. She only had a couple costumes that were suitable for action scenes. With Leia having two white costumes already I can see why they didn't use Padme's AOTC arena costume.

My Luke/Yoda set has shipped from EE. Should be arriving on Tuesday. :)

14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    @PadmeLeiaJaina do you think my idea of spray painting the doll stands is a good idea. I was thinking grey, though I guess I should make Hoth Leia and ANH Leia white.

15. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
  16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I've spray painted stands before :)

Excellent thank you!

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Happy to know I am in good company then.

18. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
  19. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Luke and Yoda arrived on Tuesday but I haven't had time to take pics. Hopefully this weekend.

Scavenger Rey and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yay! Can't wait to see them!

wobbits likes this.
  21. Scavenger Rey

Jan 6, 2018
    Amazed to have come across the Endor set for ten pounds today - naturally I picked another one up to unbox and display Leia in her dress. At that price and with so many there I was even tempted to get a third to unbox and display in her speeder outfit, but I thought I'd resist being greedy and leave some for other collectors or kids to get at, since if I remember rightly that set first came into stores in the UK as high as just over fifty pounds initially and hovered around thirty since. I'm planning to attempt to take her hair down and have it with just the braid across the top of her head - we'll soon see how that works out, if at all... I have a bad feeling that if I take the bun itself apart, it won't be possible to keep that braid in as it is.

I'm so excited to see this! I'm not planning on picking one up, but I'm so interested to get a better look at Luke in the flesh, or at least in more regular conditions.

wobbits likes this.
  22. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I know @PadmeLeiaJaina took Leia's hair down, she might be able to tell you what to expect when you take hair down.

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002

So glad you got the Endor Leia set - I just love that giftset!

So her braid in the front you kind of have to leave the ponytail going because that's how the braid is tied around her head. You could get a pin and tack the end of it into her head (I am planning on doing that at some point) so you can have her hair fully flowing. It's kind of short compared to Leia's hair in the films, which makes sense, you wouldn't be able to stuff all of that under her helmet.

Here's how mine looks w/ it down. I'd love to get more of these dirt cheap so I could reroot them w/ appropriate long hair, but that involved going to Walmart - bleh.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Scavenger Rey and cathiecat like this.
  24. Scavenger Rey

Jan 6, 2018
    Thank you! I unboxed her in such a hurry today. I sometimes get buyers remorse on impulse buys, even when they're as good a deal as that, but this set is just so great that it didn't even enter my mind and I felt like a kid opening it up. I'm glad there's some potential way to keep that braid at the top but have the rest loose - I thought it might have to be something like that, and I do feel like the length of it might still need washing to calm it down a bit once it comes out of such a twisted up, braided bun, but I'm really keen to try having it relatively film accurate. I know the length won't quite be there and I'm nowhere near capable of anything as ambitious as re-rooting or total restyling, but I think it'll look really cute even so - I didn't have any particular fondness for the costume watching the film, but this set has made it grow on me massively, especially with her stood next to Wicket.

I've really gotten into this line over the past month or so, I went from not wanting to commit to even trying one until they went on hefty discount to basically having to resist all of them. They're so much nicer out of the box imo, which has played a big part. I'm super impatient for Padmé to come to UK retailers - there's no sign of her even existing here yet!

PadmeLeiaJaina and cathiecat like this.
  25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Padme's release date got shifted to March, so she's not out yet. We should have Ahsoka, Kylo/Rey, and ANH Leia/R2 coming this month though along w/ Luke/Yoda.