main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hasbro FIlm Comp: I won my category!

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by morpher-2005, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morpher-2005

morpher-2005 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2005
    Yay! So I won!

It was a great day out. Left at 8:15am and didn't get there 'till 10:30'ish, so a long drive but worth it in the end. So we got to the Memorabilia and I knew it was going to be good as soon as we got to the entrance, which was surrounded by Stormtroopers, scouttroopers and Jango Fett. We walked in and was greeted by Darth Vader and a Dalek, which managed to scare a few kids off.

We walked through the ticket barriers and was suddenly surrounded by toys, collectables, pictures, autographs and celebrities. It was mainly Star Wars but there was plenty of other things like Lord of the Rings, Marvel, Cult TV and Sci Fi, sports and plenty more.

Took us a while to walk round it all but that was OK since the award ceremony wasn't untill 2:30pm. Me and Marlon (my friend) walked around together for most of it, but Sam (my brother) and Willaim (my other friend who created the music for the film) also walekd with us.

Saw plenty of celebs! Nearly all the cast of Allo Allo was there, Collin Baker, the 6th Doctor from Dr Who, Caroline Blakiston (Mon Mothma) and loads of Star Trek Actors were there too. Not that we got their pictures or autogrpahs (not at £15 for bother picture and autograph [face_worried]).

I think the best of it was the Doctor Who parts. They had two Daleks running (or wheeling) around. Then they started chasing the David Tennant look-alike, which I cought most of on tape).

Then the award ceremony took place. Unfortunatly I wasn't permitted to record anyhing so I can't show you it. So they did it category by category. First was Best Creativity, which they firstly showed the two under 15's finalist then announced the winners. They did the same again but with the 16's and over. Then was the Best Storyline and then was Best Use of Characters (my one). I got quite a few laughs when they showed my mini-movie and a round of aplaud at the end. I hate to say it but my opponent hadn't produced much. I would have ranked his/her film in the lower parts of the finalists, and frankly would have been surprised not to have won it.

Now previously I had spoken to the Over 16's finalist of Use of Characters via youtube (we'd both uploaded our videos and searched for other finalists). We shook hands before the awards began and had a short converstation. Unfortunatly they didn't win anything, but they were up against a very proffesional looking film, which didn't only win the catgory, but won the whole thing. So all the category winners won £250 and a box-full of star wars figures (which I shall be keeping in their boxes when they are delivered). The overall winner won a further £1000 and a home entertainment system (worht £500). I personally think they should have just give him the overall prize and given the category to the other finalist, but it was a pretty good movie! So, had my picure taken and then off we went (on a 3 hour 30 minute car journey home thanks to a needless accident!).

I also bought a cool Spiderman Poster which will be going on my bedroom wall. If you guys want I will upload the video of the day out when I've captured it and I'll let you see for yourselves, but it's only 2-3 minutes long mind.

So the media want to know my story :p. The local newspaper will be ringing tomorrow to see how it went, so I can tell them the good news.

Opps, I blabbled on for a bit, but I don't care, I won!!!

I'd just like to thank William and Ross for helping out. The officials hinted that there'd be another competition next year, so I'll be entering if I can. I'll also thank Elliot (Ellbobin) again for letting me know about the competition.

Watch and enjoy (hopefully) my movie here at youtube.com.

Oh, just one more thing. All the finalists were judged by members of Empire magazine, 20th Century Fox and Cartoon Network (and something called rampage that I've never heard of).

2. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    well done,you!!!
    rampage is a kids comic/magazine... uses a lot of marvels characters,i believe.

3. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Excellent Morpher, well done!! :D :D

Now all you need to do is mention the London FanForce tomorrow for your interview and that'll be a job well done ;)

Sounds like they made a big show of it and your prize was pretty darn good if you ask me. Will a better version of the film ever be uploaded?? I don't get on too well with youtube videos, although it is a good site, just not the way I'd want my films to be shown if you know what I mean. I always have really bad sound sync. problems when I watch them, for starters....

I may do something for next year if they have a repeat of the competition (maybe they'll tie it in with CE??), but I really hope they allow Lego to be used but I guess that would conflict with Hasbro's interests. We shall see, but once again well done [face_dancing]

4. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    Nice one Nathan. I' think it's wicked and you deserved to win it. [face_dancing]

5. go-away

go-away Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2003
    Well done :D Sounds like you had a good day out.

6. morpher-2005

Apr 19, 2005
    Well I'm hoping that they'll upload all the finalists on their official site, but I supose that's down to them. They've got some samples on there already, but they were not finalists (thank God). As far as it stands, youtube's the only way, but I'm thinking about getting my own website soon, so if you're lucky there'll be a download availible there.

And I don't think they'd mind if you included lego, so long as you had plenty of Hasbro included aswell, although none of the finalists yesturday had lego figures at all.

Thanks for all the comments.

7. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Congrats dude.
    Sounds like a good day over all, that David Tenent look alike is every where now days. He is good tho.

8. JediKnight_Veronna

JediKnight_Veronna Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2006
    Hey morpher

CONGRATS

And just so you all know ................

I am the real David Tenent mwhahahahahahahahahahaha that guy that appears in doctor who is just my double.....*dissapears in the TARDIS* :p

9. major_phennir

major_phennir Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2006
    Well done Morpher :) Excellent news and well deserved :D

10. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    if the david tennant lookey-likey you're talking about is the one i'm thinking of,i gotta say he's bloody shocking!
    he looks nothing like david tennant.
    what.
    so.
    ever!
    i'm sure he's a nice chap... but i don't know what the hell he's thinking...
    i wonder if his mum said he looked like him or something.
    where is he?
    does he post here?

11. morpher-2005

Apr 19, 2005
    Well I don't know who he is...He looked like him from a distance but not close up, so it's probably not a professional look-alike. The costume wasn't even exactly spo-on. The video's coming soon, I'm just rendering a quicktime version for you maccers out there :D. You'll see him in it.

12. morpher-2005

Apr 19, 2005
    http://www.savefile.com/files/6517189

Here's the video in WMV...I tried to get a quicktime but it wouldn't work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.