main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hasbro Toy Fair Images and News (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Abhors Elder, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Head on over to the Star Wars Hasbro to see some sneak previeview images of some of the new SAGA toys, and best of all, pictures and news about the "CLONE WARS" line!

-saber holder

Edit by Neck: Fixing old title spelling and making this the official thread on this subject. Saber, hope you don't mind the change, but I needed to make room for the "official thread" part. Feel free to PM me if you'd like it changed back to what it was before. :)

2. Legolas_Greenleaf_

Legolas_Greenleaf_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 10, 2002
    That Luke Unleashed looks terrible! *shudder*

3. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    yoda lightsaber at last. [face happy]

4. Kung-Fu-Yoda

Kung-Fu-Yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    Um, what is a "Yoy" fair? [face_plain]

-Yoda ;)

5. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    I love that Luke Skywalker [face_love]

6. lightsaberfreak

lightsaberfreak Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2003
    I have been waiting for that Yoda lightsaber since they released their intentions last November or December. I just want to know when that is coming out.
    I too like the Luke Skywalker Unleased. I think it accurately portrays him (except maybe for the hair.

7. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I think Luke is pretty cool too.

8. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I love the Hailfire Droid!

The Clone Trooper 3 pack looks great if those Clones are as articulated as they appear. I'm assuming they are not stuck in those single poses. It doesn't appear that way.

For those who had doubts about the new Cinema Scenes, each one will contain at least 2 new figures among the 3. So we will get 2 new Jedi Council members.

9. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    the luke would be grear next to unleashed ani

10. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    That Luke looks alright, but I don't like the trail that the blade leaves behind. Didn't see it in the movie.

11. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Ughh.... I didn't even realized I made a speeling mistake!

If any mods read this, could you fix that?? ;)

I pretty much love everything that I saw on there. Especially the clone 3-pack!

-saber holder

12. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Jedi Master star 4

Aug 20, 2001
    [color=336699]I dunno why anybody wouldnt like the new Luke! Personally I think it is the best in the unleashed figures to date...I love the trail of the lightsaber circling around him! Very CooL! The new 'Clone Wars' line that is coming out is also a good idea...this is going to be the future of the Star Wars toys after Episode III (possibilities: Rebellion Battles, Imperial Battles, etc.) and I like the idea! The packaging looks awesome as well. All around, pretty darn CooL
    :D

~ICeBReaKeR[/color]
    He has never been cooler...

13. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Watch out for Rambo Yoda! That better not be finished.

I hope they make some comic jedi and lesser jedi in that line as well.

14. Icebreaker

Aug 20, 2001
    [color=336699]Thats what I am hoping too Ret...this line should be for the lesser characters or the characters that had only moments of screentime. They better not just start putting the major characters out in different outfits, I want the new, unkown guys to be the 'stars' of this series

~ICeBReaKeR[/color]

15. E CHU TA!

E CHU TA! Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2000
    Personally, I'm not lovin' the saber trail on Luke Unleashed. I guess a quick fix would be to replace it with the green blade that comes with Anakin Unleashed.

Has anyone else noticed that the "new" Jedi starfighter and Salve I have the same paint job?

16. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    I think the news on the Clone Wars figures is great. And by what I can tell, everything will be available to the general public. That is a plus in my book.

17. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Really cool Clone Trooper pack...but where're the Blue and Green ranked Clones?

Is Quinlan Vos really rumored to be included?

Hope they make a CW Aayla that can sit in the Jedi Starfighter this time :p

18. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Hi guys,

In this pic, you can see the new clone war figure cards. I'm not impressed, looks just like saga figs with new cards

http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?showlg=214

Plus I see a yellow clone trooper among the figs, the yoda fig looks cool though too.

19. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Everything looks cool,except Clone Wars Yoda.

I hate how they turned the little guy into an action hero

20. Icebreaker

Aug 20, 2001
    [color=336699]I really like the cards for this series because it still matches with the SAGA cards that we have out now...making it recognizable...yet it has a new scheme to it making it different,
    I think it looks great
    :D

~ICeBReaKeR[/color]

21. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    :eek: Wow, where to start? :eek:

Hailfire Droid - Looks awesome, a must buy! This was by far my favorite vehicle in the movie, so I'm extremely happy to see Hasbro fixed the wheels from the prototype! :D

Unleashed Luke Skywalker - I'm not a big fan of the Unleashed line, and I heard a few negative comments about this one, but I really like it and will probably pick it up.

Geonosian Fighter - Very cool, but I'll have to see the price before I decided to buy or not.

Clone Wars Multipack Assortment - If the Clone Trooper set shown is any indication Hasbro got these done just right! Can't wait to get em!

Clone Wars Basic Figures - I do actually like 'Rambo Yoda,' can't wait to see the rest of the line!

Clone Wars Vehicles - One of the few disappointments. I don't like the Gunship or Starfighter repaints, and I already have any AAT Tank. Still, I guess this is a good thing as it's one area in Collecting where I can save some money.

SAGA SCENE Packs - Already knew about these, but glad to have more confirmation. I heard someone say these will be AOTC council member and not TPM members, but since the update didn't say anything about that (that I read anyway) I hope it's just a rumor and not true. In any case, I'm gonna keep hoping against hope for the Poof this year! :p

Clone Wars Packaging - I love it! As some else said, it ties in with the Saga packing well, but is different enough that folks will instantly know it's another line.

All and all? I was a bit worried about how 2003 was going to shape up after the recent repack figure news and what not, but this update has completely turned me around! I honestly believe this will be the best year yet for SW collectors, I just wish I knew how I was going to pay for all this incredible stuff... ;)

22. Icebreaker

Aug 20, 2001
    [color=336699]See...Mr. Neck is feeling it, these new figures/cards/vehicles are awesome!
    8-}

~ICeBReaKeR[/color]
    Check out my new Fan-Fiction Story: DEFECTION

23. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Look at the Gunship. Do you think it will come with those 2 sneak preview clone troopers??

-saber holder

24. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    According to the pictures, the preview clones were originally used just for the diarama (sp?).

But there could still be hope.

25. ganner_rhysode

ganner_rhysode Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2001
    Yeah, I can't see the sneak-peek clones coming with the transport.

But that army builder clone pack looks unreal! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.