main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hasbro Toy Fair Images and News (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Abhors Elder, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E CHU TA!

E CHU TA! Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2000
    Sorry - I posted an incorrect link. Here is the corrected one.

Does anyone know if the "new" Jedi starfighter is Anakin's ship?

2. K9-Rod

K9-Rod Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2002
    I wouldn't think so cause on the decriptions it says that Anakin has upgraded his Starfighter and supped it up with added firepower and that Starfighter looks exactly the same except for the paint job...I could be wrong

3. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Alright, had to take a break from the discussion on these to go to the first Mardi Gras parade of the season...now back to action:

Clone Wars repaints
    I'm not a big fan of the new "black" Gunship...and originally I didn't like the Starfighter, since it looks a bit teal in that picture. A comparison to the Action Fleet Slave 1 in the shot and a look at the Deleted Scene on DVD and now I'm looking forward to it, since I know for sure it's a Slave 1 type color scheme. I never got the Ep1 AAT, so here's hoping I can find one this time around.

Geonosian Fighter
    I'm not too sure about this one, I'll need to see more pics before I can tell anything about it.

Hailfire Droid
    Aside from the slightly cartoonish colors I love it, definitely going to wind up in my collection.

Clone Trooper 3 pack
    Wow! That's all I can say.

Clone Wars Yoda
    For some reason I can't help but think he looks like he's in some spaghetti western with that outfit. I may have to pass on this one.

Droid 3 Pack
    A return of the Ep1 mold Destroyer Droid and a red Battle Droid...great news for army building.

Clone Wars packaging
    Perfect, these things are going to look great on the shelves alongside the Saga toys.

Unleashed Luke
    I love it! But I can't help but think they need to make up their minds design-wise...he's like Darth Maul, very artistic but with a certain detachment from the movie version...others look like they're right out of the movie though. Just makes them a bit inconsistent when displayed together.

4. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Looks like they're just going to be putting major characters in new outfits.

The toy fair release says there's going to be a starfighter pilot Anakin.

5. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    I hate what I have seen. The only thing of those I like would be the clonetroopers. The Yoda looks so stupid, I don't care for the Gunship, the Starfighter is alright. I really want to see the new Mandalorian warrior and Mandalorian with speederbike figures though.

6. Otter

Otter Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    Y'know, I thought I would be buying less Clones stuff this year, not more.

I like the hailfire droid, and would probably get it (shock horror, me being fairly anti-prequel-toys).

I love teh unleashed Luke. I wasn't originally a fan of Unleashed, but after Leia and now this, I realise it was just OT characters I was wanting.

Roll on 2003.

7. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Not to get side tracked but this is what we can expect from Gental Giant this year as stated at the toy fair.

Grand Moff Tarkin
    Biker Scout
    Chewbacca
    Gamorrean Guard
    Stormtrooper

As always, subject to change.

The Clone Troopers that will be out in a few months will be limited to 6,000 total. Here is the breakdown for them:

White - 3,000
    Yellow - 2,000
    Red - 1,000

A new feature that has been added which allow you to interchange the arms and heads. The heads also move left to right.

As for all the Clone Wars stuff it is all great and what not. But I would say that this is Expanded Universe right. Then Why does Hasbro still refuse to make Expanded Universe toys after Jedi?

8. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I am gonna be so broke this year :(

9. shocktrooper

shocktrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    Well I've got to say the year is looking a lot better.
    The first offerings didn't look like much with only Boba and Aayla being my picks of what I'll buy.

Though I won't be doubling up on Gunships & Star Fighters the Clone War series is looking cool. You just Got to love those Clones and I have high hopes for the Screen scenes, ROTJ Darth looks awesome (though lets hope that isn't the same cape from Bespin Duel) The Snow trooper is slightly dissapointing as i was hoping for an Action pose (but at least this one got his Rank Insignia) and I'm looking forward to Luke(fingers crossed).

Talking of Luke I love the Unleashed, my only nitpick being the flowing hair.
    I Love that Lightsaber slash and the base looks FUNKY! :)
    That will make a nice display piece with the light glowing through the green.

10. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    I love the new stuff! The Genosian fighter looks to be much bigger than I thought it would.

I also like the new paint app on the Jedi Starfighter and the Gunship (black [face_love] ) Wow, I'm going to have a sweet Clone Wars diorama. :D

11. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Very interesting. Other than the Gunship and Starfighter repaints, everything else looks
    pretty good :)

12. Count_Saruman

Count_Saruman Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2002
    Wow. the JEDI COUNCIL! This from yakface.com:

SAGA SCENE Packs Approximate retail price: $19.99)

With the new SAGA SCENE PACKS, collectors can build dioramas of the coolest scenes from Episode II. Collectors can enjoy the scene graphics either in-package or out of package, and can continue to build their dioramas with Hasbro's basic figures from Collection 2. Each scene comes with three figures, at least two of which are figures never done before. Four scenes are planned for 2003, including: The JEDI COUNCIL and the GEONOSIS WAR ROOM.

Woo-hoo! Straight from hasbro themselves!

13. JangoFett23

JangoFett23 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    COUNT_SARUMAN

I know what you mean as for the Scene Packs I'm really excited too. This was a great idea for Hasbro to do. :)

Fett23-

14. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Keep your eyes peeled to Galactic Hunter for lots of Toy Fair coverage today!!! :D

-saber holder

15. E CHU TA!

Jan 8, 2000
    Thanks for the tip, saber_holder.

Come to think of it, the "new" Jedi starfighter can't be Anakin's because it doesn't come with R2.

16. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    After continually looking at the Hailfire Droid and reading more about it on Galactic Hunter, I've determined that this may have to end up in my collection. It just looks and sounds so cool.

I might also have to get the Geonosian Fighter with pilot. I just have a thing for the Geonosian grasshoppers I guess.

And the packaging looks great.

17. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Come to think of it, the "new" Jedi starfighter can't be Anakin's because it doesn't come with R2.

Who says it has to? R2 is Padmé's remember, not Anakin's.

18. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Crap, with me spending $600 for my fanfilm this year, and now with all these AWESOME figures (read: Trade Federation AAT which I didn't get last time around, Clonetrooper 3-pack [face_love] , etc), I am gonna have to work every freakin' day of the week! :p

But, as I'm sure you've all been wondering (or maybe not :p ) I do not like the new Gunship. In fact, as you can see, I refused to call it "teh" gunship. Teh republic gunship refers to the original maroon-clad glorious version!
    The black one is a poser. I hope you die a firery death, black gunship.

19. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    The hailfire droid looks cool.

But I might get the new Gunship,even though it looks a little dumb.

I hate that Yoda

20. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    "The Clone Troopers that will be out in a few months will be limited to 6,000 total. Here is the breakdown for them:

White - 3,000
    Yellow - 2,000
    Red - 1,000 "

What kind of crap is that?

21. E CHU TA!

Jan 8, 2000
    Who says it has to? R2 is Padmé's remember, not Anakin's.

That's true - I guess the Astromech droid isn't necassrily going to be R2. I just assumed that because Anakin used R2 with the Naboo fighter, he would want him to be his "co-pilot" with the starfighter as well.

22. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    Ret - I believe those numbers are for the Gental Giant Clonetrooper mini busts. These things are usually released in fairly limited numbers, so 6,000 isn't really that bad. :)

23. E CHU TA!

Jan 8, 2000
  24. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    when are those clonetroopers mini busts avaliable for preorder

Looking at the toy fair images page on galactic hunter the MR stand has pic of Mace windu does this mean they are going to make his saber to I sooo want that one.

25. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Yes they are, but I've heard it's going to be a members-only exclusive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.