main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hauntings at the Hangar - 2012 Edition

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sarnia, Sep 15, 2012.

1. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
  2. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    Trigger pull approved. [face_skull]

3. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    All winners in my book. Nice job, SC!

I will be there, but not sure how much table time I can do, since I will be wrangling volunteers for the museum.

Also, please note... If you want power, bring extension cords & gaffers tape!!! And yes, it does have to be gaffers tape, as everything else either won't come up from the floor, or brings the floor up with it. More than likely, you'll be close enough to draw power from the X-Wing hookup, but you will have access to power regardless.

4. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Don't forget you need to make the request for the R2 Builders if you want your own space. The museum is actually starting to fill up for this event, and the museum staff has to okay each group & their activities for the event. Please contact Becca ASAP if the R2 Builders are wanting to do a table/setup.

I made the initial setup request for the RMFF with a list of our potential activities, all of which were okayed (big surprise). Someone just needs to decide if 4 tables will be enough, or we need more. Power is available, but extension cords and *gaffers tape needs to be brought by the group if you want to use it.

*Gaffers Tape is THE ONLY TAPE ALLOWED AT WOTR!!! Everything else either doesn't come up, or brings the floor up with it.

5. banzai

banzai Jedi Master

Apr 29, 1999
    I'll be there after the private party. No snow please.

6. HikerPrincess

HikerPrincess Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2011
    I can supply a bag or two of candy. I am also on the lookout for moss as decor.

PtrsonsZOO likes this.
  7. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I vote for pull the trigger Kim. Thanks for taking the bull by the horns.

I will be there for the duration, candy in hand.

8. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    How much and what kind of moss are you needing?

9. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    We're decorating the X-Wing

10. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    So "a lot?"
    And "looks like Dagobah, but dry?"

I know who to ask to find a good place to buy in quantity.

11. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    FYI, important info below:

Hi,

I want to thank you for joining us for Hauntings at the Hangar 2012. My name is Rebecca Hill and I am one of the Event Coordinators for Hauntings this year. We expect between 2,000 and 3,000 people so be prepared. New for the event this year will be trick or treat bags handed out at the admissions desk. If you would like to have information about your group in the bags, please have 3,000 cut and printed ¼ page flyers delivered to Matthew Burchette at Wings Over the Rockies by October 15th, 2012.

Please provide to me the following information, no later than 10/21/2012:
    -Group point of contact name, number, and email address?
    -How many tables and chairs do you need?
    -Do you need electricity?
    -Do you need floor space? How much?
    -Approx. number of volunteers for your group

In addition to the number of volunteers, order to assist the museum staff, we will be requiring a full roster of volunteers for checking in at the event. Any name not on this list will be required to pay the general admission price. Please have your complete list of everyone working for your group to me no later than 2 pm Friday October 27, 2012. This list needs to include first names and last names.

I can be contacted via my email address at darthesskdiyh@yahoo.com. Included below is a list of important information about this event, but please feel free to contact me with any further questions!

Respectfully,

Rebecca Hill

Event Date
    -Sunday October 28,2012

Event Location Information
    Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum
    7711 E Academy Blvd
    Denver, CO 80230
    303-360-5360
    www.wingsmuseum.org

Set Up Time
    8:00 am

Event Time
    10:00 am – 12:00 noon for Families of Lowry
    12:00 noon – 4:00 pm for the General Public
    **you are expected to be there and ready from 10:00 am – 4:00pm

Expectations
    -Fully staffed from 10:00 am – 4:00pm
    -You must provide an activity/candy for the kids
    -You must be kid and family appropriate
    -Costumes are strongly encouraged

Rules
    -No helium products
    -No leaving early
    -No tape (other than gaffers tape) allowed on the floor
    -The only donations that can be collected are donations for Wings Over the Rockies

What You Need To Supply
    -Table covers/tablecloths
    -Long heavy duty extension cords if you need electricity (must be taped down with gaffers tape)
    -Gaffers tape
    -Lots of candy/supplies for activities
    -Group Flyers turned in by 10/15/2012

12. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    Also, the above JUST pertains to the RMFF

each group that wants to represent MUST contact me separately with the information needed if they are going to have separate tables/sections.

and we are short on space so CONTACT ME ASAP!

13. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Gaffers tape! Gaffers tape! Gaffers tape!

In case you missed it... ;)

14. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I will get the list to you via email by Friday the 27th, so everyone if you could please PM me w/ your first & last name if it's not in your profile I would appreciate it. I Think 4 tables is plenty, can we get 6 or 7 chairs?

Did I miss the Moss thing??? I swear I read the entire thread a couple of times.

So here is my idea for staffing the tables & activities, this will also be a trial run for 5/4/13.
    Candy table 1 hr shift 1 to 6 people
    Jabba Toss 1 hr shift 1 to 2 people
    Photo Stand 1 hr shift 1 to 2 people
    Golf Course 1 hr shift 2 to 4 people
    X-Wing 1 hr shift for costumed people 1 to 4 people
    Floaters 1 hr shifts 1 to 4 people to make sure the other areas are staffed, play messenger, water boy or whatever.
    Break 1 hr shift 1 to 4 people so you can eat, go roam around etc.

If we don't get enough people to man each area we will take out the 'floater' shift, if we still don't have enough the 'break' shift will have to go by the waste side too. This way I can also use people who can only be there for a few hours and hope to make it so everyone can get a feel for each thing we do and to get burned out.

The other thing I wanted to talk about is the ewoks, we have so many now do the moms want to do a bbsitting co-op? Just for the RMFF younglings so you can work an 1 shift or something? I would not head this up, it would be left up to you, not sure if it would be needed or not.

15. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    just a reminder, younglings/ewoks names must be included on the list or they will have to pay admissions...........

16. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Shana brought up moss. I didn't know what was going on, and I still kind of don't. If we're trying to do Dagobah (which I'm not entirely sure of), it would be cool to do the "ground cover" too. Most moss is pretty messy, too.... I can check with Arthur when I know more what the intent is and when he's not spinning in circles.

Sarnia, can we use the photo stand? I know there was an issue in the past.

17. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    The museum has had complaints in the past about the photo stand. I will check into this.

18. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    Per the museum we are good to go with the photo stand.

SITH__CHICK likes this.
  19. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Cool. :cool: Didn't want anybody in trouble.

20. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I will bring a roll of gaffer tape with me. I plan to be there from 10-4, although I may be helping out Denver Comic Con for a portion of that time, but I'll let you know Kim. Do you need me to PM you my info?

21. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Moss was brought up on the XWP Page, and the discussion just carried over. We're decorating the X-Wing w/ some Halloween flair for the occasion. [face_pumpkin]

22. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    If I know how much is needed, I have a hookup for a deal, but moss is messy, and we might think about ways to contain that.

23. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I think for this project...we can stick with the Dollar Store variety. For the next decorating job, we'll need the good stuff

24. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Okeday. If you are planning on Dagobah at some point, stocking up on that dollar store spooky mesh cloth and scoping the fake plant sales over fall and the holidays is good to keep in mind (summer plants should be on sale now). And possibly some of those camo netting things from a surplus store.

25. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    We will be there with both kiddos. We would love to help and can lend help where needed but cant commit to a specific item/time since the kids are unpredictable with their needs. ;) We wont be there until after noon. If that doesnt work because you need more of a commitment we will come hang out and enjoy the event. ;)